News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TrChSpHa

Member Name: TrChSpHa
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
 Jun 16 2021, 10:26:17 AM

Not Rita Moreno telling dark-skinned Afro-Latinos to shut up and wait their turn 60 years after being the only Puerto Rican cast, while caked in bronzer, in a film about Puerto Ricans. I have to laugh.

The points people have brought up are valid, and Lin does not need people coming to his defense like this, especially when his colorism was addressed when the movie trailer came out a year ago and even further back when the original musical was on Broadway.

Best Two Person Shows
 Apr 1 2021, 09:18:30 PM
Venus in Fur.
Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22
 Dec 1 2020, 01:32:44 PM

Vanity Fair: "James Corden Should Have Been Banned From The Prom" 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/12/the-prom-movie-review-james-corden

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22
 Dec 1 2020, 12:20:54 PM
hayleyann said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Newsweek says Corden is “offensively miscast” and I’m glad that’s being called out because it’s true."

Oh boy. Here he goes with this crap again. Could you imagine broadway if gay actors and actresses were only allowed to play gay roles?
"

I'd like casting directors to imagine casting someone other than James Corden in musical films adaptations.

Perhaps gay actors and actresses should ha

Studio Recordings vs. Live Recordings
 Oct 10 2020, 11:21:16 AM
Joshua Rosenthal said: "Which do you prefer and why? This can be in general it on a show-by-show basis (I.e. Dreamgirls Broadway Studio cast recording vs West End live recording)"

One example for me is there's something I love more about the musical arrangements in "Road to Hell" from the live NYTW Hadestown album than the orchestrations on the Broadway cast recording. I don't think the studio version really captures how incredible the trombone playe

Randy Rainbow
 Oct 10 2020, 11:08:31 AM
BWAY Baby2 said: "Just vote Trump and all Republicans out- everything else is a sideshow now. If Randy is racist and you do not like him- don't watch him,"

Because voting will help us dismantle white-supremacy and people who benefit like R*ndy Racist and 45, lol.

Best & Worst Best Original Score Tony Winners
 Oct 6 2020, 11:09:41 AM
Tim Minchin was robbed.

Most deserving, Jason Robert Brown for Bridges of Madison County and David Yazbek for The Band's Visit.

What Shows Were Great Surprises?
 Jul 15 2020, 12:30:08 PM

I didn't expect to love Finding Neverland and Head Over Heels so much.

White American Theater: #WeSeeYou
 Jun 10 2020, 08:07:05 AM

No one is exempt from learning; you teaching and working with BIPoC is moot and doesn't give you the slightest clue of their our experiences nor why the anger and passion in this letter is justified. 

Lea Michele Twitter
 Jun 3 2020, 07:28:59 AM
It only took two days and termination from HelloFresh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA-HatxlQ6h/?igshid=d6hur26wafu8

Theater Gunshots
 Feb 24 2020, 03:12:57 PM

There's a gunshot (blank) in the 2nd act of "Girl from the North Country."

I'm seeing this tonight, could you give a hint of the moment the gunshot happens? Thanks!

Pik a Tkt Exchange
 Sep 23 2019, 05:42:16 PM

Two Fiddler on the Roof tickets good through the October.

Slave Play coming to Broadway in September!
 Sep 19 2019, 10:04:10 AM

I was in the seat furthest left upstairs in row B. I never felt I missed anything.

The Lion King 2019 Soundtrack
 Jul 11 2019, 11:50:06 AM

The Lion King: The Gift will be out on the 19th. https://www.instagram.com/p/BztuYMspiOA/?utm_source=ig_embed

Amelie - Revised production in Germany
 Jun 25 2019, 03:05:39 PM

I'm in love with this version of "Thin Air."

HADESTOWN - which songs?
 Jun 25 2019, 01:32:52 PM

"We Raise Our Cups" and "His Kiss, the Riot," were posted on Theatermania today.

Songs about Body Positivity
 Jun 19 2019, 05:24:43 PM

"It Ain't No Thing," Bring It On.

Two Similar Revivals Coming?
 Jun 15 2018, 10:27:26 AM

Broadway61004 said: "The_Spielers_2017 said: "Eh, they're dissimilar enough there shouldn't be too great of a confusion. People don't confuse Anastasia and Frozen.

That being said, anyone remember when An Act of God was the same season as Hand to God? Now THAT was confusing lol
"

Or On the Town and On the Twentieth Century playing next door to each other? I wonder how many people accidentally wandered into the wrong theatre.
&qu

Black Glinda
 Jun 6 2018, 09:18:03 PM

Dave28282 said: "Gizmo6 said: "Dave28282 said: "RicardoMagon said: "There should be a black glinda because contrary to Broadway and Hollywood belief, there are black girls who are upper class and rich like Glinda."

There "should" not be any color Glinda.

The role should be based on other things and if a girl is talented over others they can slightly look past certain traits.

But don't go complaining t

Black Glinda
 Jun 6 2018, 05:02:25 PM

RicardoMagon said: "There should be a black glinda because contrary to Broadway and Hollywood belief, there are black girls who are upper class and rich like Glinda. Black girls have different personalities besides the stereotypical sassy black girl stereotype that is portrayed on tv, theater and film.

There are black girls obsessed with pink and finding a hot boyfriend. There are black girls who speak like glinda speaks. There are black girls who have blonde hair. Black g

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You