News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for defygravity24

defygravity24 Profile Photo
Member Name: defygravity24
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

School of Rock Seating  Jan 20 2016, 10:47:47 AM

Looking at tickets for tonight and debating between the back center of orchestra, or side of the mezzanine. I'm worried I might miss something with the overhang of the mezzanine though if I sit in the orchestra.  Has anyone seen the show from the back of the orchestra? How was the view? Thanks!

Fun Home SR line recently  Aug 10 2015, 08:37:25 PM

Both times I've been were weekdays and I got there at 8:30.  I was usually near the front of the line with 3-5 people in front of me.  It seemed like most people started arriving at 9.

The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 19 2015, 01:04:16 PM

I've never seen a previous production of The Wild Party, but I knew some of the music going in.  Overall, I was a little disappointed with the material itself.  I read in an interview with Lippa on Playbill that he had always thought it took too long to get to the party.  But this felt like they got to the party so soon, and I knew hardly nothing about Queenie or Burrs.  And once they finally got to the party, I kept thinking "when is this party going to be o

NYMF Opening Party Question  Jul 7 2015, 11:38:39 AM
Has anyone on here been to the NYMF opening night party? Is it worth going to?

Also, does anyone know if they check your ID against the name on your NYMF badge?

Thanks!

Fun Home Standing Room?  Jun 15 2015, 10:16:19 PM

Trying this tomorrow and plan on getting there at around 8:30.  I hope that's early enough! 

Broadway Blogs?  May 6 2015, 04:25:01 PM

What broadway blogs or websites, or other online resources do you like to use/read (besides bigger ones like this, broadway.com, and theatermania)?

Shakespeare in the park virtual lotto question  Jul 27 2014, 05:47:05 PM
Madbrian, they do provide listening devices (I believe) and everyone gets emailed, even if you lose.
Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?  Jun 22 2014, 03:30:39 PM
The tickets are $650, but they have recently made an announcement saying they have released some $250 tickets, as well as a free standby line for any unsold or unused tickets.
Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?  Jun 22 2014, 02:19:41 PM
The tickets are free. Not 100% on the 6pm thing since it's confusing, but I would assume they are distributed starting at 6pm and probably up until the performance as they become available.
"The Dark I Know Well" Question  Jan 21 2014, 11:58:24 PM
While recently listening to this song, I was wondering what the purpose of it was. It sheds a lot of light on Marta and Ilse but Marta's story is never featured again nor developed further.

Hilarious Comments...  Jul 20 2013, 11:14:50 AM
Lady at end of Godspell revival to her friend:

"I did not see that ending coming!"

The Official TONY Awards Thread  Jun 9 2013, 10:59:20 PM
What was that Once performance? I thought it was a joke at first, but it kept going on and then I realized it wasn't.
Shakespeare in the Park Line  Jun 7 2013, 08:12:18 AM
Has anyone tried going yet? What is a good time to get there early in the run?
Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW  May 28 2013, 07:51:40 PM
I might have missed something, but what is with the people who are in "No Time at All"? Was there some sort of contest or something I'm just not aware of?
Which show have you seen the most number of times?  May 27 2013, 07:23:06 PM
Next to Normal - 4 times
How to Succeed (most recent revival) - 4 times
Once - 3 times (once at NYTW and twice on broadway)
Wicked - 3 times

See the Cast of THE LITTLE MERMAID Fly at Paper Mill Playhouse!  May 26 2013, 10:03:51 AM
How is this going to work with big dance numbers like Under the Sea? So is basically the entire show done with the flying I guess (except for obviously the parts on land)? It seems cool, but impractical.
The Heiress Rush  Jan 23 2013, 10:50:57 PM
Thinking of going this weekend. Has anyone done it recently?
Weekday ONCE Rush - what time should you line up by?  Aug 28 2012, 07:14:55 PM
I rushed it last Tuesday. I got there at 7 and I got the last two tickets and the line behind me was extremely long. I would advise getting there at 7, lastest.
Once and the NO VIEW seat (A long rant)  Aug 22 2012, 12:26:46 AM
Blaxx, I'm curious what the outcome of this letter is. Tonight, I sat in the very far right seat of row a in the right orchestra. I couldn't see about 70% of the show because of the chair and performers seated in the chair. However, I bought rush tickets, so I feel as though my complaint is less valid.
Can I just brag for a second?  Aug 8 2012, 10:51:45 PM
The lyrics of the song are hardly that inappropriate in context, and out of context I think it'll be fine. Good for her for picking something different!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You