pixeltracker

Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?

Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#1Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/22/14 at 1:08pm

I was interested in seeing One Thrilling Combination tomorrow at the Delacourte theatre. They have a standby line at 6pm. I have a few questions.
Are the standby tickets free?
Does the line FORM at 6pm or do they start giving tickets at 6pm?
Do I have a chance at tickets, or am I wasting my time?
Do they do the virtual lottery for the gala?
I emailed the Public, with no response.
Hoping someone here can help me!! Thanks!

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#2Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/22/14 at 2:19pm

The tickets are free. Not 100% on the 6pm thing since it's confusing, but I would assume they are distributed starting at 6pm and probably up until the performance as they become available.

ahhrealmonsters
#2Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/22/14 at 2:21pm

Distributed at 6 pm. Get there early.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/22/14 at 2:26pm

The Gala? Tickets are not free, they start at $650. If I'm incorrect, please correct me but according to this press release, and Public's page about it, I don't think you can attend free.

http://www.publictheater.org/Global/Press/2014/ChorusLine_GalaReleaseFINAL.pdf

http://www.publictheater.org/Support/2014-Gala/
Updated On: 6/22/14 at 02:26 PM

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#4Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/22/14 at 3:30pm

The tickets are $650, but they have recently made an announcement saying they have released some $250 tickets, as well as a free standby line for any unsold or unused tickets.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#5Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/22/14 at 3:33pm

Good to know, thanks.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#6Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/23/14 at 12:02pm

The Public just posted on Facebook...

Tonight! Hope to see you there- remember, free standby line starting at 6pm in the Park.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#7Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/23/14 at 11:43pm

Follow Up- I got tickets! I arrived at 1:45 and was about 8th in line. At about 3:30 the line kind of picked up, and at 6pm they started monitoring the line to make sure no one new came on. Sucked it was so late though, because people in the front invired their friends and I got pushed back to 12th on line (but I still got in so it was ok). They gave out tickets at 7:30ish. The gala was spectacular, a bunch of the original cast was there including many guest performers. Highlights for me were Original Cast performing "One", Jessie Tyler Ferguson and Jane Lynch doing "Sing", Lindsay Mendez doing "Nothing", and "At the Ballet" with Eden Espinosa, Krysta Rodriguez, and Whitney Bashor. Great Night.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#8Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/23/14 at 11:49pm

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting. I'm glad you got in!

jawjuhh
#9Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/24/14 at 1:52am

I was honestly shocked by how many people they let in. I got on the line at 6PM, no idea how many people were in front of me but it was a LOT, and people way behind me got in. It was a really lovely night and I felt so lucky to be there!

Wayman_Wong
#10Public Theatre Gala Standby Line?
Posted: 6/24/14 at 1:57am

Gstrus2, I was in that standby line, too, and I'm glad I got there early enough to get a ticket. What sucked was the latecomers who joined the line after the 6 p.m. deadline and thereby bumped others behind them further back (and might've cost them their chances at a ticket). I've done standby before at the Delacorte, and it's one ticket per person; the rule is: if you're holding a spot for a friend, they've gotta be there by 6, or else they go to the end of the line. It's unfair to come much later and bump the people who played by the rules. I wish the Public staff could monitor this better (or give our wristbands).