News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
Member Name: ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018  Apr 17 2017, 01:30:36 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I would love to see Geoff Packard as Enoch. 

"

I would love to see Claybourne Elder play the role of Enoch Snow!!!

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018  Apr 17 2017, 01:07:21 PM

I love the idea of Ashley Park as Carrie Pipperidge but I also would LOVE to see Emily Padgett in the role. I am more intrigued by the idea of Emily singing "When I Marry Mr. Snow". But Ashley Park as Carrie makes more sense with the direction they might be going with this production. 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Apr 14 2017, 04:02:45 PM

JennH you are right in the fact that Elsa is more popular and has more of a powerful song, but, in my opinion the role of Elsa is lesser-known star role, wheras Anna is more a star is born role. 

To digress the way I see things lesser-known star is someone who is known in this industry but is not yet a household name. And I don't have to tell what a star is born means to me, cause everyone has the same definition.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Apr 14 2017, 02:58:15 PM

Whoever said that they should hire an lesser-known actress for one of the roles, I have to say I agree with them. I think they need to do that for the role of Anna. Because Anna, in my opinion, is the true protagonist. Elsa is the deuteragonist so Disney can hire whoever they want to play her. Anna is more of a role that screams a star is born, kinda like Susan Egan as Belle, Heather Headley as Nala, Ashley Brown as Mary Poppins, Sierra Boggess as Ariel etc. And "Frozen" <

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Mar 13 2017, 01:37:06 PM

As much as I love the idea of Carol Burnett as Mae Peterson, I would also love it if Megan Mullally played the role, if they get NPH or Zachary Levi to play Albert. And I know it would never happen in a million years but my crazy pick for Mae would be Bernadette Peters. Because it would be different from her past roles. 

Also I think Kim needs to be a Broadway baby. Maybe Cailin Houlahan (if she can take time away from "Waitress) as Kim. 

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Mar 3 2017, 03:42:26 PM

I personally would love it if Carol Burnett played Mae Peterson. I know it's wishful thinking but I think she would be hilarious!

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Mar 2 2017, 02:33:55 PM

KathyNYC2 double checked Caissie will be 36 in April. So you are probably half right.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Mar 2 2017, 12:03:56 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "I think all concerned are very talented but I have the same casting problem as I do with other shows. Elsa is supposed to be becoming queen when she turns 18. Or maybe 21. And Anna is even younger. So maybe they are not hiring teenagers but there must be talented young 20 year olds for the parts instead of someone in their mid to late 30's. 

I had the same problem with the recent Fiddler production for example as well. They are marrying

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Feb 7 2017, 01:59:07 PM

GreatBroadwayFan said: "Here's my DREAMCAST ideas for Bye Bye Birdie Live!

https://youtu.be/yiz5fiFYq-k

"

I WOULD SO WATCH THIS if Stephen Colbert and Laura Benanti played Mr. and Mrs. MacAfee!!!!

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Feb 6 2017, 08:09:46 PM

Here's my dream casting....

Rose Alvarez - Jennifer Lopez (confirmed)

Albert Peterson - Zachary Levi

Conrad Birdie - Corbin Bleu

Mae Peterson - Rosie O'Donnell or Bernadette Peters

Hugo Peabody - Ryan McCartan or an Unknown

Kim MacAfee - Kira Kosarin or an Unknown

Mr. MacAfee - Stephen Colbert

Mrs. MacAfee - Laura Benanti

What disney film would make a good musical  Feb 1 2017, 04:15:06 PM

Also I would love "Hocus Pocus" onstage as well. Although my dream casting for the Sanderson Sisters would probably never happen. So here's my realistic casting

Winnifred - Donna Murphy 

Mary - Kathy Fitzgerald

Sarah - Emily Padgett 

What disney film would make a good musical  Jan 31 2017, 06:43:19 PM

I agree with "Hercules" wholeheartedly. I think Kyle Dean Massey and Caroline Bowman would be great as Hercules and Megara with Norbert Leo Butz as Hades.

But I also think, with a few minor changes to the story, that "Sleeping Beauty" could work as a stage musical. I just have a vision in my head of Taylor Louderman as Aurora, Derek Klena as Prince Phillip and Rachel York as Maleficent. And I can totally see some very imaginative puppetry for the Dragon.

Beauty and the Beast  Jan 10 2017, 08:27:29 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Another Instagram post (which I can't find) claims it's a new song rather than the title song. 

"

Do you remember the date from when this information was posted. Cause if it was a long time ago, things might have changed. Either that or they might feature both songs during the end credits 

Beauty and the Beast  Jan 10 2017, 08:27:29 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Another Instagram post (which I can't find) claims it's a new song rather than the title song. 

"

Do you remember the date from when this information was posted. Cause if it was a long time ago, things might have changed. Either that or they might feature both songs during the end credits 

Beauty and the Beast  Jan 10 2017, 08:14:41 PM

Singers Announced for End Credits Song(s)

Apparently Ariana Grande and John Legend will be featured on the soundtrack!!! 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Jan 5 2017, 11:26:43 AM

Yeah they probably have someone in mind for the Duke.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Jan 4 2017, 09:17:17 PM

Maybe the Duke is in the ensemble. Also it looks like Grand Pabbie, Bulda and the rock trolls are being reworked into more human like characters, judging from the casting notice.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Jan 4 2017, 05:47:02 PM

I personally would now LOVE to see Kerstin Anderson (recently Maria in Jack O'Brien's tour of "The Sound of Music" ) as Anna

Beauty and the Beast  Dec 29 2016, 04:39:37 PM

Keep in mind the sound quality of the recording isn't great. We'll have to wait for the film to come out in a movie theater for a better sound quality recording. Or wait for the film's soundtrack to come out.

Beauty and the Beast  Dec 15 2016, 10:16:28 PM

Dave28282 said: "ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: "I had misgivings about Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette. When I saw that her enchanted form was white, I thought why is a black actress playing a character that's all white. But now that I see her human costume it makes more sense."

I had misgivings about Ian McKellen as Cogsworth. When I saw that his enchanted form was brown, I thought why is a white actor playing a character that&#

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You