News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thebookofwhizzer

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
Member Name: thebookofwhizzer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Apr 21 2021, 10:23:08 AM

I was lucky enough to see the movie as well and I loved it. I didn't really care for the changes they made but the joyous energy more than made up for it. Olga Merediz was the absolute highlight for me, but I loved Daphne Rubin-Vega and Corey Hawkins! Hopefully, I can see this again in a theater!

Let it out! Biggest theater pet peeves  Jan 5 2021, 11:20:45 PM

Echoing everyone but people who scream instead of clapping. Just shut up. 

What do you guys imagine happens after the ending of Bare A Pop Opera  Oct 27 2020, 04:38:23 PM

What MlleDaae said. I totally want to think they all get the happy ending they deserve after going through so much during the show. I think Ivy keeps her baby and Peter dedicates himself to making sure no one feels as alone as Jason did. Matt and Nadia, I'm not sure. If anything, I hope they give Sister Chantelle a raise. 

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Aug 30 2020, 11:50:49 PM

Shameless- Season 4, Episode 11- "Emily" 

Buzzfeed's Broadway Musical Quiz  Apr 30 2020, 03:12:15 PM

L musicals got me too! It took me a good while before I remembered "Les Miserables"

There is a decent show in there somewhere?  Apr 14 2020, 10:30:52 AM

Obviously, Carrie. The 2013 version is great.

'Bossed Up' from Mean Girls  Apr 14 2020, 10:27:17 AM

I saw the show in D.C. and I guess I had this memory of "Bossed Up" being miles ahead of "Stop." I can see I was wrong now. 

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Feb 2 2020, 10:26:13 AM
Also, I went to stage door after the matinee and the entire cast came out afterwards. They’re all incredible kind!
Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Feb 2 2020, 10:24:35 AM
I saw yesterday’s matinee, and wow. It was incredible. As someone who has never seen a production of the show before, I was so moved. I’ve worn out the soundtrack but just hearing everything live was breathtaking. I’m an emotional person, but I’ve never cried at a musical before this one. I hope that this production is done again because it’s absolutely wonderful.
Girl cast as Male Lead (High School)  Jan 21 2020, 09:55:23 AM
Ive just been cast as Mr. Hart in my schools production of 9 to 5! Im super excited because its my first huge lead (A girl was also cast as the role of Joe, all the leads are girls) But im a cis girl so im a little nervous about playing such an in your face male character. Ive played many a male character (its what happens in majority female theatre companies), but this is my first time being such a big male character (and a sexist one). I know the directors chose me for a reason and im confiden
Netflix Acquires Film Adaptation of TICK, TICK... BOOM! with Lin-Manuel Directing, Andrew Garfield in Talks to Star  Jun 22 2019, 12:38:26 PM
I want John Gallagher, Jr. in this so badly. Can Tessa Thompson or Gina Rodriguez sing? They would both be great as Susan. This is probably my all time favorite show, i’m so excited for this!!
BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 17 2019, 11:17:10 PM
Saw the show on Saturday and I loved it. Definitely could benefit from some cutting down, I was not a fan of the new song “Synced Up”, but I do think it was important to adding layers to some of the characters. Troy Iwata was a PHENOMENAL Michael, and I agree with YvanEhtNioj, I prefer him to George Salazar. Stage door was hectic but manageable, no bad stories or anything.
Tell us your dream Broadway revival!  Feb 12 2019, 08:34:28 PM

Sorry to revive my own thread, but I just thought of a fun revival concept. Once starring Ezra Koenig (of Vampire Weekend) and Rashida Jones as Guy and Girl. It would be so fun seeing as they are together in real life. 

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 11 2019, 12:23:25 PM
I’ll be there saturday night! Never been to a preview performance before and I’m very excited!
Can an 11 year old see the show Hamilton alone?  Jan 13 2019, 09:46:31 AM
I think its really up to you, and you sound comfortable letting her go. I know a family that let their two daughters go together alone at ages 12 and 10 and they walked them to the theatre and then had the kids text them at intermission and when the show ended so they could be there as soon as the show was over. Everything worked out!
Your Theatre Year In Review 2018  Dec 27 2018, 12:37:53 AM

How many shows have you seen this year?

11, 5 broadway (Cursed Child, Mean Girls, Come From Away, Spongebob, OOTI), 3 tours (Hamilton, Something Rotten!, Waitress), 2 regional (Billy Elliot and Passion @ Signature Theatre) and Little Shop of Horrors @ The Kennedy Center

Show you liked/loved the most?

Hands down, Cursed Child. Everything about it was stunning and the a

THE PROM Reviews  Nov 15 2018, 08:33:26 PM

WhizzerMarvin said: "Ouch, AMNY is a pan, with 1.5/4 stars

https://www.amny.com/entertainment/the-prom-review-1.23453077
"

Ouch! Even King Kong got a half a star better....

Man Shouts Heil Hitler at Fiddler Performance  Nov 15 2018, 12:20:13 PM

I needed a bit to process this. For something so scary to happen in this time, and so close to where I live is heartbreaking and terrifying for me as a young Jewish person. There are some seriously messed up people out there and I wish with all my heart that things like this wouldn't happen. 

calming broadway songs  Nov 4 2018, 05:07:40 PM

What are some calming/chill broadway songs? hoping to add all the suggestions to a playlist!! just looking for mellow, easy songs to listen to!

re: Best Musical Theatre Song of All-Time (Pick ONLY One)  Nov 1 2018, 08:55:39 AM

At the moment, "Marry Me A Little" from Company, of all time, "Let the Sun Shine In” from Hair

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You