pixeltracker

John Lloyd Young - Future Plans?

John Lloyd Young - Future Plans?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1John Lloyd Young - Future Plans?
Posted: 3/16/08 at 5:52pm

Does anyone know if he plans to return to Broadway sometime in the future? I'm especially interested if he'll be doing another musical. Thanks.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: John Lloyd Young - Future Plans?
Posted: 3/16/08 at 6:53pm

His once-talked-about project deal with ABC TV is officially in perpetual limbo, so there is a good chance you'll be seeing back on Broadway in the very near future.

As it was for Marissa Jaret Winokur (riding on the wave of her HAIRSPRAY hype), things were looking quite promising for John Lloyd Young. Unfortunately, if you don't strike when the iron is hot, interest fades and deals run out. This is what happened with Marissa, unfortunately.

Sometimes its best to go into ensemble series or sitcoms instead of hoping for that starring role. Bebe Neuwirth, Jason Alexander, T.R. Knight, Chandra Wilson, Neil Patrick Harris, Sara Ramirez, Kristin Chenoweth, etc. happily found this out and are enjoying great opportunities in their careers by being one in the many instead of being the sole showcase, which never works -- just ask Nathan Lane, Jason Alexander and even Kristin Chenoweth.

wicked_mimi
#2re: John Lloyd Young - Future Plans?
Posted: 3/16/08 at 8:12pm

Last I knew, he wasn't planning on doing another musical simply because he doesn't see himself in any other musical. Not that he isn't interested, just he isn't the "bouncy/happy" musical type. He most likely will be aiming for a play next. The ABC deal he read some pilots for but nothing has happened.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: John Lloyd Young - Future Plans?
Posted: 3/16/08 at 9:36pm

Wicked_mimi, I actually thought he didn't seem like the type to do musicals despite his run with Jersey Boys, which is why I asked. I just think it would be funny to see him in some musical production currently on Broadway or something completely new.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos