News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrodyFosse123

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: "...give me one more, please." - Bob Fosse

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 26 2024, 07:43:17 AM

Oscar nominee Timothée Chalamet at this point in his career would be opening Broadway productions, not joining a production as a replacement. Had he opened this revival of CABARET instead of Eddie Redmayne, it would have been THE event show of the season, which many were expecting. 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 25 2024, 01:52:03 PM

Ke3 said: "rosscoe(au) said: "No one remembers the Mean Girls movie for good reason."

That movie was extremely successful and the audience it was aiming for is very much stilltalking about it/its stars.
"

I’m right up there with rosscoe(au). The MEAN GIRLS musical film adaptation definitely quickly sparked and fizzled. I’ve yet to watch it as I forget it exists. It was much talked about when it was released but quickly faded a

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 07:42:00 PM

Honestly, if he could sing, Cole Escola would be a GREAT emcee down the road.

I know many are just now familiar with Cole Escola but he’s been a known NYC artist for over a decade and has been on several now gone TV shows like AT HOME WITH AMY SEDARIS and Hulu’s DIFFICULT PEOPLE. Yes, he can sing, too.

Patrick Marber will direct THE PRODUCERS for London’s Menier Chocolate Factory, beginning November 2024
 Jul 23 2024, 01:25:26 PM

Stroman’s late husband Mike Ockrent was the show’s original director and started creating the show prior to his death. Stroman basically took over as director using his notes and working with everything he had already implemented into the show so she didn’t create the show we know entirely - her initial involvement was solely as the show’s choreographer. This validates why she’s had enormous limitations as a director in projects that came her way after the c

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 22 2024, 11:10:59 PM

Sadly, I’ve watched enough post-documentary content of Jackie she now just flat-out annoys me. She truly has zero depth and all her emotions are on the surface. Prior to watching the documentary several hours ago, I found her genuine and humble in the fragments I had been exposed to of her. Now after watching the doc and other stuff, the woman is simply a clueless bafoon.

Jul 22 2024, 12:43:58 PM

Jackie’s intentions are definitely heartfelt and well intended but she’s so on the surface with everything, there’s never any emotional depth to her. Even with her thrift store and all the things she’s started in the memory of Victoria. It’s as if she’s oblivious to everything and is just putting things into fruition unaware of the work others are doing on her behalf regarding these projects. Her “oh, I didn’t know because no one told me”

Jul 22 2024, 11:46:20 AM

Having been familiar with Jackie Siegel for years and the documentary, I never bothered to watch it - until last night. Her persona has always been charming and humble but very much on the surface never with any depth, and this is how she is in the documentary as well. Only during one moment towards the end of the documentary does a huge chunk of Jackie and David’s relationship show its true colors. That’s it. As many have mentioned on here, I also don’t see what merits a mu

PATTI LUPONE: A LIFE IN NOTES
 Jul 21 2024, 03:11:04 PM

Listened to the entire album and her exaggerated Patti-isms are hilarious. She sounds like those Patti LuPone impersonators. They truly are spot on. 

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 21 2024, 09:08:09 AM

Oy! What a travesty of a curtain call and those cheap midwestern 1980s taffeta prom dresses are horrible.

THIS is how a HELLO, DOLLY! curtain call is properly done AND with actual choreography, which this London production has zero of in their curtain call. Broadway takes things up several notches. 

Jul 21 2024, 08:41:26 AM

Listened to all of “The Biggest Home in America” opening number and loved it. In particular the country western music undertones. Can’t wait to hear the rest and what a gift for Kristin to have a score written exclusively in her range and strengths. 

Jul 20 2024, 03:26:50 PM

DiscoCrows said: "Is there a song list?"

For some time now, many out-of-town tryouts haven’t been printing the song list during previews as things are being added and cut and moved around nightly. The song list gets added to the Playbills post-opening as the show is frozen at that point. 

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 08:33:18 PM

Here’s an exclusive sneak peek:

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 10:32:43 PM

Enjoy:

2024 Kennedy Center Honors
 Jul 18 2024, 04:11:30 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ You one phunny girl. They are given the medal in advance and are wearing them around their necks in their box seats at the start of the ceremony. They never ever walk down and on to the stage.”

Thank you for explaining something that didn’t need to be explained. Did you also explain this to your parents in South Florida?
"

I most likely would have had to but luckily, they are both dead now so that saved lots of time.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 02:27:38 PM

Mandy Gonzalez said, “In my 25 years playing leading ladies on Broadway, I’ve never been more excited for a show. The role of ‘Norma Desmond’ is iconic, Jamie Lloyd's direction is masterful, and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s score is sumptuous. To reinterpret a timeless story with such raw sophistication, especially as the first Latina to take this role on, is a dream come true.”

Um, no ma'am. You are not the first Latina to take this role o

Jul 18 2024, 02:08:27 PM

imeldasturn said: "Mmm she claims to be the first Latina playing the role but didn't Rita Moreno do it in London almost 30 years ago?"

Indeed. EGOT Rita Moreno played the role in the London production for a vacationing Petula Clark for several weeks in September and October 1996:

Jul 18 2024, 01:51:51 PM

Jul 18 2024, 12:33:37 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Liza will never get one, but if for whatever reason she does, I’m going to run on stage and steal it just so we can continue to have the same conversation every year."

You one phunny girl. They are given the medal in advance and are wearing them around their necks in their box seats at the start of the ceremony. They never ever walk down and on to the stage.  

Jul 18 2024, 12:13:41 PM

Ask any non-theater savvy person who Audra McDonald is and they have no idea who she is. Even those who watch THE GILDED AGE. Heck, I know countless people who go to Broadway regularly and have no idea who she is. Even when you point her out to them. I know many film/TV industry people who had no idea Ana Gasteyer was on Broadway and can even sing. Audra may have 75 Tony Awards, an Emmy Award and several nominations, but she’s not known my the mainstream masses. 

Jul 17 2024, 05:19:39 AM

DiscoCrows said: "3.5?!"

First previews are traditionally crazy long as they want to try everything to see what works. Expect one heavy trim tonight - 2nd preview and more in the follows days/weeks. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You