News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hairspray Movie - Link

#0Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:13pm

I went back and looked through the pages, but I didn't see this sooooooooooo....

The website just added Link Larkin to the list of characters they are seeking... I know some people were really hoping he'd be added :)

LINK LARKIN: Male, Caucasian, 16 - 23 to play 17. Broadway quality Singer and Dancer. The teen heartthrob of 1962 Baltimore. Sexy. Though he's an All-American “white boy” (i.e. non-ethnic), he should have a real edge: more of an 'Elvis' than a 'Tab Hunter'... (TORONTO OPEN CALL ONLY)

http://www.hairspraymovie.com/

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#1re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:15pm

That's interesting! Thanks for posting. And "more Elvis than Tab Hunter" is curious. I think Andrew Rannels is FANTASTIC as Link, but he is not "an Elvis"; more like Rick Nelson (for those of you old enough to know who he is).

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#2re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:16pm

Interesting. Every Link I've ever seen live is MUCH more of the Tab Hunter/Ricky Nelson variety -- more the "pretty and dumb" type than the edgy bad-boy.
Updated On: 3/30/06 at 07:16 PM

#3re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:28pm

I like them better when they play it as more of the "pretty and dumb." It's just how Link is to me :)

bwayondabrain
#4re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:32pm

wish I was old enough to audition for this...

FosseBoi
#5re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:43pm

:GASP: Has Link_Larkin_Wannabe seen this!?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#6re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:54pm

Next open audition they have I'm there! AHHHH!!!

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#7re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 7:55pm

i wanna be link but i don't wanna go to toronto to audition... i doubt my college would enjoy that call "yeah i'm uhhh in canada"

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

fxy2003cmu Profile Photo
fxy2003cmu
#8re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 8:03pm

Iiiiiinteresting...I know who I'd like to see play Link, but I don't get the bad boy feeling from him either. My roommates and I have been speculating like mad who Link would be. I'm hoping they don't go celebrity on this one and it doesn't look like they are going to, so that makes me happy!

Matters Profile Photo
Matters
#9re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 9:05pm

I really wanna audition but I'm not sure I look the part, I'm not completly cacusian....i have sort of an oliveish skin tone like Michael St. Gerard in the first hairspray movie, do you think it'd be a waste of time?

Canadians are not afraid of the dark! Ok...we don't love it, but who does?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#10re: Hairspray Movie - Link
Posted: 3/30/06 at 9:33pm

i am secretly hoping they have a call in philly. Since the overtly caucasian aspect i have down pat (my inability to have a tan finally pays off)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Videos