News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for catstagestud

catstagestud Profile Photo
Member Name: catstagestud
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.christopherviolett.com
Profile: Livin' the dream. :-)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonight's Broadway Sessions  May 26 2011, 04:34:26 PM
(Shameless self-promotion ahead)

If you don't have much going on tonight and are in Manhattan stop by the Midtown Theatre at 11:00p.m. for a night of music and frivolity. Victoria Matlock (Wicked nat'l tour and currently of Million Dollar Quartet) and Emma Hunton (Spring Awakening) are the Broadway guests and I'm featured as the Rising Star. Should be a ton of fun!

Cheers,

Christopher

What is the best production(s) you have ever seen at a reginal theater?  Mar 24 2011, 08:24:03 PM
The production of Hair at Arizona Theatre Company in January of 2009 was outstanding! The cast starred Kyle Harris (Tony in the current WSS tour) as Claude, Rashidra Scott (Sister Act, Hair revival, and Finian's Rainbow) as Dionne, Michael Buchanan (The Addams Family And Cry Baby) as Woof, and Morgan James (Wonderland and The Addams Family) as Sheila. An outstanding, touching production I'll remember for a very long time. There are videos of it on that site if anyone cares to check it out.
TMZ - Kelsey Grammer getting married at the Longacre Friday afternoon!  Feb 25 2011, 11:20:23 AM
I just love the thought of Terry Lavelle officiating the service, I'm sure there will be some funny moments.
Favorite Broadway Performance by an actor... ever  Feb 1 2011, 08:59:32 AM
My mind has been spinning reading everyone's responses and remembering just how great some of those performances were, but I'm gonna go with the first two that I thought of.

Male: Raul Esparza, Company
Female: LaChanze, The Color Purple

What Are Your Thoughts on Mack & Mabel?  Aug 16 2010, 11:30:33 PM
garyl, that is the production that I'm in! Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

C.

What Are Your Thoughts on Mack & Mabel?  Aug 16 2010, 09:33:29 AM
I'm in production of a musical that does not get produced very often, Mack & Mabel. There's obviously the horrendous book that makes this piece of theatre very hard to enjoy and really holds it back from being great but do you think it will ever get a revival with what I believe to be a truly beautiful Herman score? Maybe a revision of the book could help it?

What would you like to see be done with it, if you'd even want to see it again, and who do you think might be fantastic in th

Thoughts on The Secret Garden  Jun 21 2010, 11:56:11 AM
It's funny because I had only really listened to "How Could I Ever Know," "Hold On" and "Lily's Eyes" before starting rehearsals, I hadn't listened to "Wick" even once before singing it with the two girls who will be playing Mary. Who would you like to see play some of the roles if there were a revival?

I know she may be a little old for the role now, but I think Kelli O'Hara would be a lovely Lily; she'd sing it beautifully, no doubt about it. And I love the idea of Bart Sher doing i

What Are Your Thoughts on The Secret Garden?  Jun 21 2010, 11:13:30 AM
So I'm currently in rehearsals for a production of The Secret Garden, and am curious what others thoughts on this show are, if you think it is time to see it revived, if it needs to be revised before being brought back, whatever.

I find the score to be absolutely beautiful and am surprised that I rarely read about it being done regionally etc. Is it because you have to rely on children actors so heavily, or perhaps that it is simply a large show to produce and that is a challenge fo

'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co  May 30 2010, 07:22:28 PM
Should be interesting to see what the reaction to their production of "Hair" this summer will be like. :-P

Cheers,

Christopher

Raul Esparza Joins Encores! ANYONE CAN WHISTLE with Donna Murphy & Sutton F  Mar 17 2010, 10:16:43 PM
So a quick question. I don't know the show at all, but am a big fan of Murphy, Foster, and Esparza. My Mom is coming to NYC for her first time and since we can get great priced seats I was just curious what the story line of the show is. Any info would be appreciated. Hope everyone is having a great St. Patty's Day!

Cheers,

Christopher

re: Katie Rose Clarke Flies into Wicked Beginning January 12  Dec 17 2009, 05:00:15 PM
Jenny played Natalie in the national tour of All Shook Up and was involved in Princesses a few years back, the David Zippel (sp?) show. I thought she was wonderful in ASU.

Cheers,

Christopher

re: Headshot photographers NYC  Dec 9 2009, 09:22:57 AM
I think I'm using Chris Macke this up-coming season but a couple of my good friends used Justin Clynes recently and really enjoyed his work. He's extremely reasonable price wise as well.

www.jclynesphotography.com

Cheers,

Christopher

re: gaston's size  Nov 21 2009, 10:18:42 PM
I believe on Broadway Disney Theatrical's height requirement for Gaston was 6'2". I am not positive on that statement, I just remember hearing something along those lines back when it was still running.
Now for the non-eq tour that is going out in about a month, the casting call said the minimum height for Gaston was 6'0".

Cheers,

Christopher

re: Stephanie Umoh Article in the Boston Globe  Nov 1 2009, 10:26:24 AM
Great article! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to be back in the States to see this production.

Cheers,

Christopher

re: A Little Night Music tickets On-Sale Tomorrow!  Oct 17 2009, 09:27:32 AM
When I get back to the States you can bet that this is the first production for me to get a ticket to. I'll go into a couple hundred dollars of debt to see Lansbury and Zeta-Jones live. Hope it's well received and running in March when I'm back.

Cheers,

Christopher

re: Let's create alternate plots based on Broadway show titles  Oct 15 2009, 01:28:20 AM
Nine: The many interesting lives of Garfield
re: Sean Patrick Doyle/Fiddler on The Roof  Oct 12 2009, 03:37:03 AM
I got to work with him a couple years ago on The Pajama Game. He's a very talented performer and an extremely nice person, too. Thanks for the interview!

Cheers,

Christopher

re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread  Jul 22 2009, 05:39:58 PM
My roommate is interning with the agency that Leigh Ann Larkin is with and when we were talking about "Ragtime" I was explaining that I was excited to see her as Evelyn Nesbit, but she told me that she's going with Night Music instead. I know I haven't heard it directly from the horse's mouth but I feel like it's got some merit to it. If it is true, her "The Miller's Son" is gonna be amazing.

Cheers,

Christopher

re: Scott Alan at Birdland Tomorrow  Jun 15 2009, 04:31:47 PM
I'll be there! Sooooo excited!

Cheers,

Christopher

re: Audra, Cheyenne and Gavin (and Others) Rally for Marriage Equality, This Sunday 5PM  May 16 2009, 12:03:53 AM
I just switched shifts at work so I can be there! Can't wait!

Cheers,

Christopher

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You