AUGUST: Questions and Answers

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:08am

Hey All -

I'm *this close* to purchasing a pair of tix to see AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY for mid-March, as noted in my previous posts. I do have a few questions (before squaring away this particular order with the good people at Telecharge). If any(one) would be so kind as to replying, well, I would be grateful, for sure. With many thanks in advance...

Being visually impaired, I'm curious as to whether or not Row AA (what I'm currently being offered) is "too close" to garner 'the whole picture' for this piece - at the Imperial?

Are there gun shots?

Is there violence? (If so, to what extent?)

Blood, perhaps?

Excessive swearing?

Does it *feel* like 3 1/2 hours?

Please, feel free to include anything else you see fit. I don't know much of ANYTHING about this show aside from a) It's the lock for "Best New PLay" and has been since it's inception, and b) I LOVE new works, so yeah, all the more reason to go!

Best,
- Mike AUGUST: Questions and Answers

Updated On: 2/19/08 at 12:08 AM

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#2re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:18am

Do not miss this show. AA should be fine. And to answeer your questions:
there are no gun shots.
there is some violence.
no blood.
there is a some swearing.
the three hours goes by very quickly, each acts is a little more then a hour longer.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#2re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:18am

EDIT: I was beaten to it. Updated On: 2/19/08 at 12:18 AM

george95
#3re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:20am

It goes by very fast. Each act is about an hour or so, but each one goes by quicker than the last. And I dont think this is a show that you have to worry about getting the big "picture". Its more about just whats going on in a specific part of the stage.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#4re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:20am

There are no gunshots or blood. It definately doesn't feel like 3 1/2 hours! The evening really flies by. I've seen the show twice, once from the rear mezz and once from the third row and although I was to the extreme side in row B, I loved being up and close to see facial expressions. If you're to one of the extreme sides in row AA, I would suggest sitting slightly further back for your first time.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#5re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:24am

You guys ROCK!

They're actually offering Row AA-105 and 106.
Full price, of course ... but honestly, I figure it's worth it!

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#6re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:49am

It is worth it. Oh gosh I would love to have those seats. Although, if AA is first row, it might be too close, since the set is three-tiered..but of course I might be wrong. I've only seen the show from rear-mezz.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#7re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 11:40am

Just saw it again Sunday afternoon--- it is simply astonishing !!! If it ran 5 hrs, would not be enough !!

Enjoy !!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:20pm

It is worth every penny. I hope to see it again. The 3 hours do fly by.

Just give the world Love.

Belleof14thStreet Profile Photo
Belleof14thStreet
#9re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
Posted: 2/19/08 at 9:31pm

Listen. Take it from someone who has seen this show from every section in the house - AA in the orchestra is TOO CLOSE, especially for your first time seeing it. I would recommend spending the full price money and buying a seat in the first row of the mezzanine. There is an entire FABULOUS scene that happens around the dinner table in Act II that you won't be able to see half of the cast for if you sit in the first, I dare say, 10 rows of the orchestra. I saw the show from the Rear Mezz. which was fine; third row of the orchestra which was too close, in my opinion; and from the second row of the Mezzanine which was just right. The only reason to sit in the first row would be to soak up the brilliant performers from as close as possible ... not to "see the show". Those are my two cents. Hope they helped.

Videos