News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Belleof14thStreet

Belleof14thStreet Profile Photo
Member Name: Belleof14thStreet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Performances You Have Seen
 Sep 2 2009, 03:28:12 PM
Allison Pill and Jeff Daniels - Blackbird
Amy Morton - August: Osage County
Deanna Duneggan - August: Osage County
Donna Murphy - Love Musik
Marian Seldes - Dedication
Elizabeth Marvel - Dark Matters
Cynthia Nixon - Rabbit Hole
The cast of Bug downtown
Sherie Renee Scott - The Last 5 Years
Kiki and Herb - ANYWHERE
Julie White - Little Dog Laughed
Phylicia Rashad - Gem of the Ocean

re: Favorite Set Designs
 Dec 22 2008, 05:09:37 PM
I think that John Lee Beatty has created SO many thrilling sets for Manhattan Theatre Club.

Rabbit Hole
Absurd Person Singular
Mauritius
Proof

I wasn't a huge fan of the play Absurd Person Singular, but the way in which he created three completely different, gigantic, detailed, sets on that relatively small stage completely amazed me!

Rabbit Hole was another triumph using rotation. Stunning. I wish I had pictures to post.

Anyone?

re: Day to Succeed Morton in OSAGE COUNTY?
 Aug 13 2008, 02:20:45 AM
I could not agree MORE that Elizabeth Marvel would have torn up that stage as Barbara!!! I would also have loved to have seen Elizabeth Marvel and Amy Morton go head to head as the sisters in Top Girls - can you even imagine?!?
re: Letts to pen OSAGE COUNTY screenplay - film in the works
 Aug 13 2008, 02:12:16 AM
When I saw Mirren speak at the Times Center a few months back she had just gone to see "August ..." and was RAVING about it. She mentioned it at least a half a dozen times! I would certainly love to see her take on the Violet role. I'm just thinking back to her performance as the title role in "Losing Chase" where she was so deliciously wicked! I am, however, a big fan of the idea of this film following suit with the "Bug" film and staying indie and using the SUPERB original cast - no one un
re: Biltmore gets a new name
 Jun 18 2008, 06:29:58 PM
Ummm ... it's not like The Biltmore is any more melodic.
re: Any Current Behind The Scenes Tour?
 Jun 10 2008, 10:26:46 PM
MTC does an open "talk back" after every Saturday matinee performance at the Biltmore. During previews, after opening ... it's a regular thing. Not sure if that's what you are talking about.
re: LaBute's Bash
 Jun 1 2008, 03:06:16 PM
I must say that I had never been a fan of Calista Flockhart before I caught this being aired on television a few years back. WOW! She is amazing in the second section of this piece - a play on Medea if I remember correctly. I had chills during it. Hope you can dig up a copy somewhere!

re: Brantley and Isherwood's Tony Picks
 May 31 2008, 09:23:14 PM
Glad to see they pointed out the absolute snubbing of Top Girls this season ... well, with the exception of Martha Plimpton that is.
re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
 May 29 2008, 10:11:57 PM
Very simple: ELIZABETH MARVEL

the woman is SICK on stage. I don't know why more people haven't heard of her. She should be studied.

That's all.

re: SITPWG or August?
 May 23 2008, 09:32:47 PM
Anyone who says that they couldn't get out of the theatre fast enough at the end of August is ... I have no words. It is shameful for theatre lovers to be in New York City and not see the brilliance that is August: Osage County. Plain and simple. This piece of theatre will have people talking for years, decades. It is the most solid piece of work that I have EVER seen. The acting, the script, the set, lights, costumes ... it all comes together and makes for a magical, enthralling, evening.
re: Dunnagan vs. Morton for Tony?
 May 15 2008, 09:51:51 PM
I THINK Deanna will win - I WISH Amy would win. And as far as replacements go - I would give my eye teeth to see Elizabeth Marvel take over for Amy Morton when she goes. Can you even imagine what that woman would do with that role?!? Goosebumps.
re: Who is the equivalent of Cate Blanchett on Broadway.
 Apr 19 2008, 09:30:48 PM
Just saying. Although I am a fan of all of the mentioned musical actresses - Christine Ebersole, Audra McDonald, and Sutton Foster - none of them made sense when the purpose was to draw a comparison to Cate Blanchett. All I'm saying. I will second the Cherry Jones mention, however. She is one of our luminaries of the American stage.
re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
 Apr 18 2008, 09:15:43 PM
Michele Pawk. Hands down.
re: Who is the equivalent of Cate Blanchett on Broadway.
 Apr 18 2008, 09:10:25 PM
I find it interesting that everyones answer to this question has come in the form of a musical actress. They are not the be all end all of the Broadway community. Cate Blanchett is not a musical actress. I think that Elizabeth Marvel is the clear answer to this question. Or maybe Amy Morton. Intense and brilliantly talented dramatic actresses - non musical.
re: AUGUST closes April 20 at the Imperial, moves to Music Box April 29
 Feb 19 2008, 09:38:28 PM
Oh god, I hope that Morton takes the Tony. I really think the play becomes hers starting with Act II. Yes Deanna Dunnegan is fantastic, it's a fantastic role, but Amy Morton rules that stage! It's a shame they have to lose her.
re: AUGUST: Questions and Answers
 Feb 19 2008, 09:31:48 PM
Listen. Take it from someone who has seen this show from every section in the house - AA in the orchestra is TOO CLOSE, especially for your first time seeing it. I would recommend spending the full price money and buying a seat in the first row of the mezzanine. There is an entire FABULOUS scene that happens around the dinner table in Act II that you won't be able to see half of the cast for if you sit in the first, I dare say, 10 rows of the orchestra. I saw the show from the Rear Mezz. whi
re: Riedel: OSAGE to move to the Music Box, Stewart's MACBETH to take Imper
 Feb 15 2008, 05:50:45 PM
Ummmm ... Amy Morton WAS the show. She plays Barbara - and she captivates and hits every single line and plays every single moment to perfection. The rest of the cast in phenomenal, don't get me wrong, but Amy Morton is the best there is.
re: Stage-Door Johnnies, with an Agenda
 Jan 18 2008, 10:23:57 PM
Ugghhh! I work at a Broadway house and see these people that you are talking about ALL THE TIME. What really bugs me about them is that they have NO clue as to who is involved in the production. They stand outside of the stagedoor and ask EVERY person going in if they are in the show. It's insulting! I've even had them tap me on the shoulder, if I am wearing my headphones, as I'm waiting to be buzzed in - just to ask me, "Are you in the show?" while thrusting their sharpie at me. Truth be
re: Making a Cabaret Act, Help?
 Jun 27 2007, 02:22:16 PM
Two wonderful examples of cabarets that are on CD are Faith Prince: A Leap of Faith; and Christine Ebersole: Live at the Cinegrill. I know that they are women - but their set ups are what you want to look at anyway. Good luck!
re: Justin Bond as Momma Rose
 Jun 26 2007, 12:50:24 AM
Clearly Kiki and Herb are not meant to be a mainstream duo - they are AMAZING in tiny spots like Joe's Pub and Cherry Lane Theatre. It takes a certain type to plug into their act - and I have been sold, hook, line, and sinker from the first time that I saw them five years ago. They make me happy. Don't hate.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You