pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 111

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2750The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 4/29/10 at 4:39pm

I have to agree. I think that while it has its advantages, Twitter is making daily life creepy. It's made privacy more of a commodity, and kind of given permission for that paparazzi effect to become even more commonplace than it already was. I'm particularly noticing that in the theater community. I think this kind of thing is something I would feel uncomfortable doing no matter what, but I can't understand why you would do it when the person is like a foot away from you and clearly close enough to notice. With stuff like BwaySpotted, calling a few friends to tell them who you saw on the subway, or even a polite, "Hi, I love your work," has been replaced with telling the whole world where someone is and what they're doing. I guess you could argue that that's part of being in the public eye, but I don't think you can argue that things like Twitter haven't changed it. I tend to be pretty conservative about this kind of thing, and I know that, but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 4/29/10 at 04:39 PM

wonkit
#2751The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 4/29/10 at 5:37pm

As someone who doesn't use Facebook or Twitter, I guess I am pretty naive when it comes to both their usefulness and their potential abuses. Thanks for the education!

luvtheEmcee
#2752The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 4/29/10 at 6:24pm

For what it's worth, I don't mean to sound like I am knocking social networking sites. I am a HUGE Facebook user and I think it's great. But I think some of what Twitter encourages is a little squirm-worthy, though it's not all bad.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#2753The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 4/29/10 at 6:47pm

I don't think you have to have a Twitter yourself to be able to understand that taking a picture of someone without their knowledge or consent and posting it on the internet for the world to see is inappropriate.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Chrysanthemum62001
#2754The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/1/10 at 3:06pm

I just keep thinking he's fortunate because it could be a lot worse. He could have been picking his nose, a wedgie, or his crotch.

We've done it to ourselves, and now no one's immune. Famous or not. What goes around comes around. I feel like if you have no problems posting a picture of someone on the train, don't be surprised if a picture of you picking your nose while riding the train pops up the following day. Cause in a city with over 8 million people, someone's always watching...and they've got a camera phone.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#2755The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/1/10 at 3:20pm

That reminds me of something I was saying to a friend the other day, just about this in general. It's NOT just about celebrity -- I have seen so many pictures pop up on Facebook that my friends have taken of people who are just doing strange or funny things on the subway. Like, sitting across from them. And I think to myself, "Didn't you consider that this person might look up and notice... and think it was weird? Or get mad?" And I know *I* would feel awkward doing that, but it's a judgment call. I think it goes from "awkward" to being a little bit more of an issue when you are dealing with public figures who try to keep their personal lives private (not that this picture is an example of that, just saying). Anyone with a cell phone has become the paparazzi. And the iPhone/Blackberry/Twitter/Facebook world has given that to instant gratification. But I digress.

Updated On: 5/1/10 at 03:20 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2756The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/2/10 at 7:47pm

The Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles has a series of banners up in their front lobby advertising next season's shows. This is the current (somewhat generic) artwork for Leap of Faith:

The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Chrysanthemum62001
#2757The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/2/10 at 9:57pm

Ha! I want Raul to wear a blazer like that.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#2758The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/2/10 at 10:37pm

Meh, I think it's ugly. I hope they come up with something better. The jacket is a carryover from the movie, so I think it's fair to assume it will be in the show, too.

I wish SO MUCH that I could be there for this. The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#2759The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/3/10 at 12:05am

Anyone know what Raul sang at the Kennedy Center benefit tonight?

And the LEAP OF FAITH poster needs a re-think. The cloud-featured title seems to be decided on already as I've seen it a number of times. That part I don't mind so much, but the rest needs to go.

luvtheEmcee
#2760The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/3/10 at 12:42am

They used it for the reading(s) but I don't think that means it can't/won't change for Broadway. That happens often enough. It's boring, but not the worst. And why the orange? Oy. This looks too amateur not to be temporary.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2761The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/3/10 at 9:53am

There's just no way that can be the permanent poster - they had to have something quickly to throw up on the wall in the lobby of the theatre. I think the orange might be an Ahmanson thing, because several of the other banners had orange featured prominently, too.

I'm sure the poster will change once casting is announced and there's a photo shoot.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

luvtheEmcee
#2762The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/3/10 at 10:56am

Not that I'm any sort of expert on out-of-town tryouts, but I think generally they save the photoshoots for Broadway. There will be production shots, of course. But how often are actually press photos really used in the artwork, anyway? I'm not sure what I'd want to see in terms of graphics to represent this show... I just know that the current thing is ugly. Heh.

Ugggh I want to goooooo. The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part FourThe  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

PS, how weird is it for it to be award season and not to be rooting for Raul? A well-deserved break from the pressure, though! Next year in Kansas. The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Updated On: 5/3/10 at 10:56 AM

wonkit
#2763The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/4/10 at 2:37pm

"Sweet Water" tee shirts for the Tonys!

luvtheEmcee
#2764The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/4/10 at 6:51pm

Yeah, I'll put that right next to my "GO TEAM ESPARZA" t-shirt.

orangeskittles
#2765The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/4/10 at 11:24pm

(She actually has one :-X)

luvtheEmcee
#2766The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:04am

Lies! The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

orangeskittles
#2767The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:42am

The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

No, she doesn't actually have an Esparza one. The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

luvtheEmcee
#2768The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:43am

Please, you didn't even know me during my t-shirt crafting days! The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

... just the shrines.

Updated On: 5/5/10 at 12:43 AM

orangeskittles
#2769The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:49am

I'm a little sad I missed out on that era! Not sure if I would have participated, but it would have been fun(ny). The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

luvtheEmcee
#2770The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:54am

Oh, definitely "(ny)."

orangeskittles
#2771The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:03am

You should make one and wear it for the Tonys this year. Just to confuse everyone. Actually at this point, most people probably just assume he's nominated every year regardless.

Updated On: 5/5/10 at 01:03 AM

luvtheEmcee
#2772The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:06am

Over my black-tie, formal attire to boot. Actually, maybe I'll just get it tattooed on my arm. To show my UNDYING LOVE.

orangeskittles
#2773The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:10am

Get a tattoo of his FACE like that guy with Sutton Foster on his arm!

luvtheEmcee
#2774The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:11am

ONLY his face? Come on now.

(Why did I not see this guy with Sutton Foster on his arm?!)

Videos