Big Brother Season 19

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#50Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/4/17 at 12:05am

Well, they aren't going to address anything on the show that they don't air on tv.   I don't watch the live feeds, and seldom read any of the spoiler sites.  I'm sure I am far from alone....so any comments that aren't part of the broadcast wouldn't make any sense.  (But it does sound pretty awful.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ArtMan
#51Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/4/17 at 8:08am

True.  But the rape statements made it to many show business news outlets....TMZ, TV Guide, Variety, Entertainment Weekly,etc.  So that aspect is out there and that is why I felt it needed  to be addressed by CBS similar to how they addressed the racial  comments of Season 15.  I would love to see what happens after the live show, when Kevin's wife informs him of what was said.   I have heard that Jason lost his clown/rodeo job as a result, but could not find anything to back it up.  The other stuff I mentioned was to state how "unclean" this group is.  In addition, they are also living in the house with ants and a rat. How messy do you need to be to attract that into your home.

ArtMan
#51Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/4/17 at 8:08am

double post

Updated On: 9/4/17 at 08:08 AM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#52Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/4/17 at 12:43pm

In addition, they are also living in the house with ants and a rat. How messy do you need to be to attract that into your home.

To be fair, that is every season.  And the show always casts whoever they feel will cause the most drama and conflict.  They assume nobody will want to spend an entire summer watching a house full of responsible and considerate adults who behave appropriately and clean up after themselves.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ArtMan
#53Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/4/17 at 3:31pm

I know past seasons have had problems with ants.  But I don't recall any season's houseguests whose sanitary habits or lack of,  attracted rats inside the house. 

Mister Matt
#54Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/4/17 at 4:01pm

The Veto competition where they tear up the house is enough to attract rodents.

dramamama611
#55Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/7/17 at 11:01am

Really?  JOSH is the smart one (about Paul)?   And Christmas gets MAD at him? 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ArtMan
#56Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/7/17 at 4:55pm

And the way Christmas spoke to Josh was just awful.  He really should have put her in her place.  This group has really been the worst.  I don't care who wins.  But on a bright note every time I see Raven I get a laugh.  The girl just doesn't know how to apply makeup.  The foundation is way too thick and those penciled in eyebrows are just too much.  Add the bright lipstick and she is a mess.

Mister Matt
#57Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/7/17 at 5:49pm

This season is terrible.  Definitely the worst since season 9 (though 15 was pretty awful as well).  Christmas treated Josh like a child, but he is a child, so it really didn't bother me, but it's not the best way to try and keep someone on your side.  Raven is just...ugh.  Her makeup, her hair, her voice, her bizarro multitude of obscure ailments, her cheerleader/dance team persona...I can't come up with anything about her that's likable.  She doesn't seem to be as despicably evil as Jess or Cody.  And as far as I know, she's not shockingly offensive like Jason.  Seeing her antics with Matt online made me feel sick to my stomach, but honestly, anyone who wants to win should keep her to the end.  She'll only get one vote.  Well, three at the most if Cody and Jess vote out of spite, which they'd probably do depending on who is sitting next to her.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#58Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/8/17 at 12:41am

I just can't believe that they have handed the money to Paul. The only thing that can happen is Paul getting voted out at final 3. I am sure Paul will try to get rid of Alex and Christmas.

Mister Matt
#59Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/9/17 at 8:23pm

Saw season 15 winner, Andy Herren, on the train in Chicago today.  He looked EXACTLY the same.

Hamilfan2
#60Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/10/17 at 5:40am

Mister Matt said: "Well, three at the most if Cody and Jess vote out of spite, which they'dprobably do depending on who is sitting next to her."

Jess was evicted pre-jury so only Cody can vote.  Definitely expect him to vote spitefully though.  Honestly no one in this house seems to respect game play so that may be Paul's undoing in this game.

dramamama611
#61Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/10/17 at 12:53pm

Josh needs to talk to Alex and let her know he was totally behind getting rid of Jason....I bet they could then get Kevin  to join them.  (Let xmas and Paul go down)

Updated On: 9/10/17 at 12:53 PM

SmoothLover
#62Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/15/17 at 5:17am

I think they will give it to Paul. Yes he was shady but they all believed what they wanted to believe. I don't remember a season where someone was able to manipulate everyone to do what they wanted. He really was the only one who actually played the game. Cody may have the last laugh considering he wanted Paul gone week one. That being said I thought it was one of the least enjoyable seasons ever. Houseguests lacked charisma and there was too much coupling up. I also like it more when the houseguests pay more attention to their grooming and what they are wearing. The men especially wore the same clothes over and over. I felt like it was the Trailer Park edition of BB.

Mister Matt
#63Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/15/17 at 1:44pm

I felt like it was the Trailer Park edition of BB.

I've felt that way for about 5 or 6 years.  I've just gotten used to it, I think.  Season 9 permanently lowered the bar, though.  Once they hit that low, I think the producers decided it really couldn't get worse, so why bother?

dramamama611
#64Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/15/17 at 2:51pm

Aren't they limited to how much stuff they can bring?  I wouldn't imagine they are able to bring much more than a weeks worth of clothes....and editing.   I don't expect that anyone could be "dressed" 100% of the time, this is their "home" and they have every right to be comfy.

SmoothLover
#65Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/16/17 at 4:42am

Kevin had 8 different suits plus a ton of of sweaters. Josh had a variety of colorful clothes. On the other hand Matt had 3 t shirts and Cody had black shorts and green sweatpants.It was like they had grabbed Matt off of a construction site. If there are limits then I have to believe that Kevin's wardrobe was acceptable. They were given t shirts during challenges that could have been reworn. Cody and Mark rewore their white sneakers for the rest of their stay. As Tim Gunn says if your day wear is your sleep wear then just stay in bed. I loved Janelle. She dressed to the nines and it made her a reality celebrity.

Mister Matt
#66Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/16/17 at 1:24pm

Janelle was great at challenges.  That's pretty much the only thing I admired about her. I don't care what she wore at all.  She's a dime-a-dozen blonde plastic mean girl that is more suited to Real Housewives of Minneapolis than anything else.  If she's considered a "celebrity", it's news to me.  Outside of Big Brother, she had a Skype appearance on Big Brother Canada and a pilot for a reality travel series featuring three sexy babes visiting tourist destinations and advising tourists on activities. It was never picked up.  Now, she's a real estate agent.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever paid attention to how often anyone wore the same outfit in the entire run of Big Brother.  Some hetero douchebags dudes didn't vary their personal wardrobe much or look classy?  Shocker.

dramamama611
#67Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/16/17 at 2:48pm

I don't pay much attention to what they wear either.  Jason's jersey was hard to miss -- but I don't really care.  Certainly nothing to condemn or celebrate over.

SmoothLover
#68Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/16/17 at 11:48pm

Believe me, I am not losing sleep over what they are wearing. I guess it is just something I have noticed over the years. It used to be that for live shows everyone would get all dolled up and it was kind of fun. It also was apparent that they were encouraged to wear bright colors that were TV friendly which has subsided over the years. I do believe however that Matt could have worn that orange cut off T a little less. It punctuated the idea that he was a little dense. They use to have a challenge where they got to go through a bunch of new clothes in a limited amount of time and then keep them. I also kind of miss the way they use to do nominations where there were two keys missing. I imagine the change happened because the new method takes less time. Regardless I will always be a big fan and I look forward to the Celebrity Edition.

Mister Matt
#69Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/18/17 at 4:02pm

If they are taking their cue from the UK, expect the "celebrity" season to be an abbreviated season featuring has-beens and bottom-of-the-barrel tabloid fodder desperate for attention with perhaps one or two likable personalities at the most.  Past "celebrites" of the UK version have included:

Courtney Stodden...best known as the teen bride of Doug Hutchison...or as I like to call her "Anna Nicole Stodden"
Dustin Diamond  (aka Screech)
Brandi Glanville of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Chad Johnson, apparently known for The Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise and Famously Single
Marissa Jade from Mob Wives
Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt from The Hills
Gary Busey (who actually won...by audience vote)
Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino
and...

Frankie Grande, the most aggressively obnoxious reality fame whore in recent memory

I hope it will be nothing like the above, but based on the casting of recent seasons of unknowns, I imagine the producers will unleash a cast just as bad, if not worse.  Oh, and remember that online-only season they had?  Me neither.

Updated On: 9/18/17 at 04:02 PM

SmoothLover
#70Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/19/17 at 1:17am

I agree with you Matt. I am sure it will be shorter and they will use D List Celebrities. At least they are not doing it on CBS All Access.

Mister Matt
#71Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/20/17 at 9:04pm

What an idiot.

Mister Matt
#72Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/20/17 at 9:53pm

Well, that was surprising.  I can't remember the last time they had so many idiots in the house.

Mister Matt
#73Big Brother Season 19
Posted: 9/20/17 at 10:01pm

OMG.  America's Favorite?!?!?!  Trump's America is pulling all the strings, apparently.  I don't think I've ever felt physically sick from watching Big Brother US before.  Gross.  I wish I could emigrate or hibernate.

Videos