pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 47

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#1150The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/1/08 at 10:22pm

Fabulous TV spot for SPEED-THE-PLOW during Project Runway - some of the best pictures ever of all three of the principals. This is going to be wonderful.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1151The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/1/08 at 10:27pm

Ooh, I want to see.

I'm curious about whether they'll keep the costumes in the original time period, or put them in more modern clothes. Because really, the only thing that'd date the play would be the use of 80's costuming. I don't recall any references in the text... right?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

wonkit
#1152The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/1/08 at 11:34pm

The Times picture had the guys in suspenders. Moss always seems to be in black with a v-neckline. Seems pretty non-specific.

luvtheEmcee
#1153The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 12:01am

Yeah. And honestly, Charlie's clothes are the only ones that really look particularly period in any of the photos thusfar. There's one picture of Raul in a two-toned oxford that looks particularly 80's.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1154The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 4:37pm

Well, the chances of ever again seeing Raúl play Alfredo Aldarisio on Pushing Daisies are looking pretty grim.

Basically, the show tanked in it's season premier last night. Not only did it come in last in it's time slot, the number of people watching it was half of what it was when it premiered last season. And it lost even more viewers in the second half hour last night. Those are all very bad signs. I will be quite startled and amazed if it gets a full-season order. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

I think the only way it might happen is if everything else ABC has is doing just as badly or if ABC doesn't have anything to take it's place if it's canceled. But it's a very expensive show to produce and it's got to do better than it did last night in order to justify it's existence.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 10/2/08 at 5:19pm

Updated On: 1/24/09 at 05:19 PM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#1156The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 6:41pm

God help us if this negatively affects ~RAUL~ in any way. Horror of horrors- what will he do with his life if he doesn't have a short term guest role on a(n apparently low-rating) network cult hit quasi-lined up over a year from now?

Honestly, I'd prefer if Raul was never on Pushing Daisies again, if only so you could stop pretending to actually give sh*t and let the fans of the show enjoy it in peace instead of trying to make it all about Raul's 6 minutes of screentime.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1157The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 7:09pm

What on earth....???

wonkit
#1158The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 7:44pm

Did I miss something?

Edit: The fabulous TV spot I mentioned earlier is now up on the S-T-P website. Hooray!

Edit again : on the website, see also a new and even more naughty tagline. I hope they keep the first version for tee shirts, if any. Updated On: 10/2/08 at 07:44 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1159The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 8:17pm

I'm not sure. I'm sorta wondering the same thing.

Ohhh!! I was hoping they'd do that!! The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#1160The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 8:33pm

I'm definitely disappointed in the ratings for Pushing Daisies' premiere, but as I posted on TWoP last night, for a second season premiere (especially after such a long absence), I didn't think they'd done a spectacular job of drawing in new viewers. I loved it as an established fan, but the character introductions (and even the dialogue scenes) were too rushed and the mystery a little too muddled to appeal to a first-time viewer. I'm (unfortunately) not at all surprised in the drop off between the first half-hour and the second. I hope they can bounce back, because I think it's just the greatest show.

For what it's worth, I can see where skittles is coming from. I wouldn't presume to know your feelings on the show overall, humbug, but as someone who really likes it and is invested in its success on a lot of levels, the idea of Raul never again playing Alfredo isn't as big a deal as the entire show going under and its wonderful cast and creative team not being recognized for their work. There are people with much more at stake career and employment-wise than Raul. I love that my favorite stage actor is a part of it, but his involvement isn't the big draw for me. I realize that you were focused on the Raul-relevant aspects because it's, well, his love thread, though.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1161The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 9:06pm

I agree totally that in the greater scheme of things Raúl's participation in PD is barely a blip on anyone's radar, but this isn't the greater scheme of things, it's the Raúl Esparza thread. I was tailoring my post to focus on the primary subject of interest. I didn't think that needed explaining. If what I said about Raúl in PD can't be said here, where CAN it be said? I apologize if that was unclear.

And for what it's worth, I was not stating an opinion about the show, just the facts of it's premier numbers. It's a cold, hard truth in this business that you can make the most wonderful, critically acclaimed TV show ever seen, but if people don't watch it the outcome won't be a happy one.

Updated On: 10/2/08 at 09:06 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1162The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 9:09pm

“Life in the movie business is like the beginning of a new love affair; it’s full of new surprises, and you’re constantly getting f*c*ed.”

The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Updated On: 10/2/08 at 09:09 PM

wonkit
#1163The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/2/08 at 10:47pm

Humbugfoto -thanks so much for the captures!

And is the pattern in costuming as obvious as it seems - "it's the black outfits vs. the red suspenders!"

Chrysanthemum62001
#1164The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/3/08 at 12:18am

Oh my goodness. That is just so much hotness. I can't wait. I have this feeling dialogue is just fly at superman speeds. Jeremy Pivon is known for delivering crazy fast dialogue, as is Raul. I can't WAIT! And the new tag line is amazing. It almost sounds like something Woody Allen would write.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#1165The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/3/08 at 12:58am

Love the TV spot. Love that new line (it's actually an excerpt from STP). LOVED the play. They're still working out the timing, but once they get it, that thing is going to move like lightning. Even now, I was really impressed. I wasn't crazy about it on paper, but it's a lot of fun to watch.

(The "Film is a collaborative business. Bend over," tag is what's on the t-shirts, I believe.)

Updated On: 10/3/08 at 12:58 AM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 10/3/08 at 3:25am

Updated On: 1/24/09 at 03:25 AM

wonkit
#1167The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/3/08 at 9:42am

luvtheEmcee - Are they doing the play without an intermission? (You are SO lucky to get to see the dress rehearsal!)

luvtheEmcee
#1168The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/3/08 at 10:24am

Nope, no intermission. It runs around 90 minutes. A little under, I think.

Updated On: 10/3/08 at 10:24 AM

Chrysanthemum62001
#1169The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/3/08 at 12:41pm

Yeah, I think he looks young too. He must be moisturizing!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#1170The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/3/08 at 5:02pm

Raul does look much younger in those shots. It's a wonder what a haircut does for him.

My copy of the play arrived in the mail today. I'll read it if I ever climb out from under the mountain of work I'm under now, but I doubt I'll have a chance to see the show until December or later.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1171The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/4/08 at 11:38am

Early risers today could have had Raúl register them to vote in New York!
New Yorker Festival

Chrysanthemum62001
#1172The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/4/08 at 1:11pm

It's so awesome he did that. And after the first preview, too.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1173The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/4/08 at 1:52pm

And he had to be there at 10AM!! He probably never even went to bed last night.

Wes Craven was there, too - maybe that's the connection? Or at least =a= connection?

Updated On: 10/4/08 at 01:52 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#1174The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/4/08 at 3:20pm

Exactly! I don't understand why on earth they would put an actor first thing in the morning. Most of us aren't early risers.

Videos