The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 52

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1275The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 10:24pm

Just stumbled across this:

The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Chrysanthemum62001
#1276The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 10:56pm

Honestly, I wish I could find the other bare footed photo from Show People magazine because it is beatuiful, but I don't have it saved to this current computer.

The nudie WTBS pic: I've seen that picture before, but I never paid attention to how dark his nipples were. *blushes*

The STP pic: Whoa! They look very sexy. And it looks like Raul is a smidge taller than Jeremy Piven. Is that really the case or am I just seeing things.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1277The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:01pm

They're about the same height. I think Jeremy is actually a little tiny bit taller, but he's surprisingly short. I expected him to be really tall!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1278The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:04pm

I think it's just the camera angle and the way Jeremy is standing, with his head cocked to one side like that. According to IMDb, he's 5'9", and, well, we know Raúl....isn't. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Updated On: 10/20/08 at 11:04 PM

luvtheEmcee
#1279The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:12pm

Jeremy is so not 5'9".

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1280The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:13pm

Chrysanthemum62001
#1281The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:19pm

Aww, short guys ROCK!

But I have to wonder where IMDB got their info from!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#1282The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:22pm

A person who made it up. Like much of the content there.

Updated On: 10/20/08 at 11:22 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#1283The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/20/08 at 11:48pm

Maybe they measured him in high heels!

misschung
#1284The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/21/08 at 10:04am

I do wonder exactly what the Butler saw, if those pictures are any indication...

Yeah Jeremy isn't very tall. I think 5'9 is like, a go-to guess when guys are on the short side, lol.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1285The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 11:35am

Updated On: 10/22/08 at 11:35 AM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1286The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 2:07pm

Playbill Photo Call:

PHOTO CALL: Speed-The-Plow arrives on Broadway

Chrysanthemum62001
#1287The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 3:05pm

WOW! In that first picture Jeremy looks so damn sexy. Why have I not seen this yet?!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1288The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 4:25pm

In the last picture, Raúl looks like he's about haul off and slug Jeremy. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1289The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 5:06pm

Raul looks like he has the mother of all pimples in the first picture. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four Sigh, really makes me wish I could be in NY again so I could catch a post-preview show.

wonkit
#1290The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 5:53pm

humbugfoto -in the last picture, Raul's character is about to slug Jeremy's charaacter, and more than once.

Chrysanthemum62001
#1291The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 6:04pm

See, now to me that last picture looks like Raul is about to jump Jeremy. But who wouldn't?!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1292The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 6:10pm

LOL!! I kind of wondered if that's where that shot was from, that moment in the play. He looks decidedly Not Happy.

luvtheEmcee
#1293The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/22/08 at 6:48pm

The angles are really strange on those Playbill pictures.

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#1294The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/23/08 at 7:41am

That last photo makes Raul look like he's trying to pass a kidney stone...

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

wonkit
#1295The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/23/08 at 5:01pm

Break a leg tonight, Raul!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1296The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/24/08 at 1:24am

Happy Birthday, Raúl, from the various theatre critics reviewing Speed-The-Plow:

“Wearing a fierce glint and a sly smile, Esparza is one of those kinetic actors who doesn't hold anything back. He's full-tilt ahead -- tailor-made for the pugnacious Charlie.”
The Associated Press

“Esparza offers no such hints of softness. While this is unusual for an actor who’s made much of his career of traversing tormented psyches of men in musicals and plays as diverse as Company, The Normal Heart, and The Homecoming, it results here in a fiery, unforgiving depiction of success-hungry despair. Whether bellowing (for Charlie does little else) with outrage flooding his eyes or with his face pasted with the impish, off-center smirk of an inveterate trickster, Esparza is terrific at cutting to the heart of even the deepest deception to unleash the real-world truth beneath it.”
Talkin’ Broadway

“Fortunately, Esparza picks up the slack, delivering a furiously fast and funny performance that provides Mamet's hilariously profane dialogue its full impact.”
Hollywood Reporter

“Raúl Esparza's Charlie is more sharply funny, and more revelatory; his brutal resourcefulness at the end will leave you titillated and haunted.”
USA Today

“…- but the super-heated intensity of Raúl Esparza's memorable performance drives the show fast and furiously ….an assured show dominated by Esparza's forceful presence as nervy Charlie, especially so when his character melts down into explosive rage.”
Newark Star-Ledger

“Broadway veteran Esparza -- who finds new venom every time he articulates "Bob" -- gives a performance that taps all Charlie's uncertainty and volatility.”
TheatreMania

“Esparza is unsurpassed at revealing ecstatic exuberance or, in a twinkling, unleashed rage. He acts equally commandingly with octave-storming voice, rampaging or cringing body and galvanized or galvanizing limbs. His expressions, by themselves, could knock over bowling pins or stop a steamroller.”
John Simon, Bloomberg.com

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#1297The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/24/08 at 4:37am

And from Ben Brantley, too:

"Mr. Esparza runs full speed ahead with his ambition-stoked character, tapping the full kinetic force he artfully kept under wraps in recent revivals of “Company” and “The Homecoming.” But while Charlie may be an animal in perpetual fight-or-flight mode, Mr. Esparza finds many shades and textures — of pride, humiliation, anger and resentment — within that primal instinct. And the portrayal of the shifting alpha-male status between Charlie and Bobby should be mandatory viewing for sociologists and, come to think of it, zoologists."
- The New York Times

misschung
#1298The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/24/08 at 9:52am

I don't know that he kept it under wraps so well in The Homecoming, but a great review nonetheless, lol.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1299The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/24/08 at 11:48am

And the quote that sums it all up for me:

"...while the always amazing Esparza is the pushy underdog, all rapid-fire action and virtuosic language."
New York Post

Videos