News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Hest882

Hest882 Profile Photo
Member Name: Hest882
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carols for a Cure  Dec 6 2017, 06:19:25 PM

Two of my favorites both come from 2006: the exuberant rendition of "The Chanukah Song" by the Wedding Singer cast, and the gorgeous and poignant "Like a Snowman" by Kiki & Herb.

FOLLIES- National Theatre Live  Nov 16 2017, 08:51:14 PM

I have to wait until December too. Thanks to everyone able to post impressions.

Too bad about the extreme closeups, which I hated in the Maria Friedman "Merrily We Roll Along." I think camera people are used to thinking of filming along the lines of TV and movies, where so often the extreme close-up is part of the script.

Merrily We Roll Along directed by Maria Friedman  Sep 15 2017, 10:33:03 PM

Jarethan and Capeguy, yeah, that's what everyone finally realized...too late. It's interesting to hear those wistful criticisms from the people who appear in "The Best Worst Thing That Ever Happened."

I would be overjoyed if this came to Broadway. I say the London production via NT Live (or was it Fathom?) but found some of the extreme close-ups distracting. Would be great to see it live.

National Theatre: Follies  Sep 6 2017, 06:35:08 PM

Nice review, but agreed. He missed the point with "In Buddy's Eyes" which is also why he misunderstands Buddy's conflict as well.

BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official  Sep 6 2017, 12:53:44 PM

I wouldn't underestimate Bernadette's draw. Because she regularly tours she's probably more well-known outside NYC than many other theater veterans. I don't think most people would go to NY just to see the show, but between the known factor of Hello, Dolly and a name they're likely to recognize, I can see them opting for this instead of other musicals.

National Theatre: Follies  Sep 4 2017, 09:33:06 PM

Those pictures look amazing. I had two thoughts when I heard about Imelda Staunton: 1) How could she possible handle the vocals? 2) She couldn't possibly convince me she was once glamorous enough to be a showgirl. 

Well, those photos are showing me she can indeed look *that* good.

Raul Esparza  Aug 25 2017, 12:40:08 AM

10086Sundays said: "Blockhead24 said: "BroadwayBeebe said: "Count me in as someone who would see him in ANYTHING. This definitely has me intrigued and interested. "

ditto
"

I third the motion.  What about Sweeney Todd?

"

Gazillion dittos. Would give me a really compelling reason to get back to NYC.

National Theatre: Follies  Aug 23 2017, 08:18:58 PM

Thanks Jewishboy, for the wonderful review! Now I'm even more excited to see it via NT Live. In my local theater it's scheduled for late Nov and early Dec. 

Favorite book about the theater? Here are 15  Aug 11 2017, 10:46:11 PM

Thanks for mentioning "The Secret Life of the American Musical." I've been reading it since last night and enjoying it immensely!

Rosie O'Donnell and Taboo  Aug 6 2017, 07:26:02 PM

And when you hear Raul Esparza's usually bitter reminiscences (justified or not), you get the sense of a production in free fall with Rosie trying really hard to salvage her labor of love in a rather scattershot manner. It's such a shame. The score is so strong and clearly everyone involved wanted it to work quite badly.

Best ALW Shows?  Aug 1 2017, 12:58:32 AM

Jesus Christ Superstar. Evita isn't one of my personal favs, but I admire it and agree it should be prioritized. Sunset Boulevard. And Song and Dance, as others have said, is lovely, and reveals a less bombastic ALW.

DONE - 9/11  May 31 2017, 07:33:47 PM

Oh, and trpguyy and HogansHero! Does my heart good.

DONE - 9/11  May 31 2017, 07:32:27 PM

Awwww, this is lovely. Thanks, Mark, for helping them out!

Raul Esparza  May 2 2017, 08:58:33 PM

I don't begrudge him network TV money, but I keep hoping he'll be able to sock enough to come back to Broadway even if in a small production. 

Transport Group's Celebration of Mary-Mitchell Campbell  Feb 7 2017, 12:22:47 AM

Thanks! Ugh, I so wish I could have seen Raul and Melissa Errico!

The queue for Hamilton tix in SF is an hour long  Dec 6 2016, 11:55:45 AM

And yesterday the SF Chronicle reported that after the Amex sale over 2,000 tickets have popped up on Stubhub already, with some asking $2,500 for a ticket. So it looks like, just as in NYC, there will be plenty of inventory available--for anyone who can afford to shell out big bucks! 

Days and Days from FUN HOME  Oct 31 2016, 04:24:52 PM

I'm glad you've had the chance to listen to the lyrics more closely now . I don't believe it even has anything to do with Alison being gay or not--other than incidentally . As others have said , it's about exhorting her daughter to live an authentic self and not settle for half a life. 

Falsettos Seats?  Oct 29 2016, 11:46:02 AM

Well, if those are your two choices, I can't imagine not going for Orchestra 3rd row center. It's an intimate musical, not an extravaganza, so my preference would be to be close enough to see every facial expression if possible.

SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 25 2016, 11:01:27 PM

Was there tonight as well. Although I wasn't quite as enamored with Annaleigh Ashford as the rest of you are, she was still quite good. And the rest of the cast was glorious. I was pleased to see that, unlike the reports from yesterday, Jake was pretty much off book. It was a transcendent evening and I'm so glad I made the trip out to NY even if I'd only seen this one show. 

Favorite play endings?  Oct 17 2016, 12:24:23 AM

Ditto Arcadia.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You