pixeltracker

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here- Page 12

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#275The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:16pm

Sure. Being afraid to watch a show with a black cast because it might be "racial" isn't ugly, but pointing out that it's a stupid attitude is. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#276The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:22pm

WTF does "racial" even mean in this context?  

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#277The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:25pm

I have absolutely no idea, but whatever it is, it's TERRIBLE.

ElizaSchuyler
#278The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:27pm

musicaljen said: "I have said from Day 1 that I did not like the piece. Nothing wrong with being anti-Wiz. My point was, shouldn't they do something that should be better and score more ratings than The Sound of Music did?? With both the Wiz and Pan, that failed.

Showface, I did not say the show would be a flop, I said it will not deliver the ratings SOM did and I was right. Was The Wiz good, was it bad, that I don't know since I have not seen it.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3345408/Social-media-flooded-racist-tweets-black-Wiz-Live-musical-special-kicks-off.html

Apparently this was not only from a handful of people that this show was seen from that perspective.

A review did state that The Wiz Live! was better than Pan but not as involving as Sound of Music. "

So your advocating for the idea that the network should have done something "better" involves bringing up the "perspective" of a bunch of people with no knowledge of the source material, all collected on a page that literally has the word racist in the URL?

Updated On: 12/4/15 at 01:27 PM

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#279The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:39pm

This statement basically sums up those particular people. Chalk it up to blatant ignorance.

Despite the hilarious, and at times offensive, confusion of some, the show scored huge numbers for NBC, with 11.1million people tuning in for the television event. 

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#280The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 1:42pm

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

I just had to share this tweet because it perfectly illustrates the mind-set of these particular people.

It's hilarious because this tweeter has no idea that an all white version of "The Wiz" already exists and it's called "The Wizard of Oz"!

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable
Updated On: 12/4/15 at 01:42 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#281The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/4/15 at 2:49pm

Well these people's heads are going to explode because they just announced an encore presentation on Saturday the 19th.

I posted my thoughts in the original thread.

Just give the world Love.

Videos