pixeltracker

Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??- Page 2

Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#25re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/28/09 at 8:11pm

MB & SJP is amazing casting!

If you want to go older: Bill Irwin & Johanna Gleason!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#26re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/28/09 at 8:36pm

I honestly cannot think of two performers with all of the requisite skills needed to make a revival of this musical worthwhile.

ETA: Actually, I take that back. Martha Plimpton for Sonia. But there's no guy right now.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 10/28/09 at 08:36 PM

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#27re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/29/09 at 7:53am

Morosco I couldn't agree more, for me the set (by Doug Schmidt) was the real star of the show. That and the orchestrations - played by a 23 piece orchestra - of Ralph Burns.

Interesting that someone here mentioned Hugh Jackman. A few years back I read an article about Jackman where he said he'd love to play Vernon. About 10 years ago there was some talk of a revival that was to star Robert Downey jnr. Whoever is cast now they would have to be BIG names.

Kathleen Marshall, no she is not the director for this show. Her revival record isn't great. Jerry Zaks maybe?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#28re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/29/09 at 8:51am

I can't think of a worse idea than MB & SJP in this show.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jon
#29re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/29/09 at 11:48am

Jews. This show needs Jews.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#30re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/29/09 at 1:11pm

I'd think Norbert Leo Butz and Rachel York could play the parts very well, but I don't think they have enough box office appeal to make this a success. However, I'd love to see them do it at Encores.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Gothampc
#31re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/29/09 at 1:44pm

"Jews. This show needs Jews."

Fyvush Finkel and Bette Midler. Happy?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#32re: Possible THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG revival??
Posted: 10/29/09 at 9:23pm

I adore this show, and it would be the perfect showcase and opportunity for some exciting casting.

Borle and Scott, while talented, are completely wrong for this show. A producer would have to be mad to sink money into long forgotten musical starring two no-name actors.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Videos