pixeltracker

WONDERLAND- Houston (changes and reviews: spoilers within)- Page 2

WONDERLAND- Houston (changes and reviews: spoilers within)

MunchkininOZ629 Profile Photo
MunchkininOZ629
#25WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 12:32pm

WONDERLAND- Houston changes

MunchkininOZ629
#26WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 12:34pm

Okay got it to work. Here's the pic of the song list insert. :)

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#27WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 1:08pm

Thanks for posting! I'm glad they changed a few of those misleading titles, like "Mad Hatter Attacks (Reprise)" to "Curiouser & Curiouser"!

Wish they'd do another concept album!

And for the record, I did say they had to put "Once More I Can See" after "I Am My Own Invention"!! It seems to flow more, not that "I Am My Own Invetion" (which I hope some of the lyrics were changed) really fits as well as the other material in the show! Did they revert back to the original lyrics? Sure hope so!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#28WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:48pm

Thanks for the list!

Anyone know, is the "Through the Looking Glass: Reprise" a completely different number than what started off Act II in Tampa? Or did they just finally give that number a name? Also, "Wonder Chess Game," does that include any of what used to be "Make a Move," or does what used to be "Make a Move" no longer exist?

And it's nice to see that "I Am My Own Invention" is still safe. WONDERLAND- Houston changes

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#29WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:56pm

I'm glad they have playbills because I am sending a request out tomorrow to get one signed. Would you mind posting the picture of the playbill because I don't have access to it.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#30WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 10:24pm

. . . if you are sending out a request for a signed playbill, why do you need a picture of it?

I know Tampa's World Premiere had a picture of Janet Dacal on it, but i believe the Alley ones are the logo with the NYC Skyline and bunny.

Anakela: I'm sure they just thought that the "Through the Looking Glass (Reprise)" should be listed on the songlist.

"Make a Move" was a very short number from what I remember, so they probably just called it "Wonder Chess Game" to include the Chess Game itself, for name purposes. Although I haven't seen it and can't say since I don't know anyone who saw both runs!

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#31WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 10:34pm

I was just wondering.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#32WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/22/10 at 11:01pm

Yeah, pretty sure that philly03 is right re: the Alley Theatre's Playbill; someone on this thread had it as their avatar for a bit, that's what I remember it looking like.

...and, just because the pic is hilarious, apparently the fire alarm went off during "Welcome to Wonderland" tonight (all is ok). So, there's a link up on the Wonderlandcast Twitter feed, with a pic of all of the Alices out on the street:
http://twitter.com/Wonderlandcast
Updated On: 1/22/10 at 11:01 PM

MunchkininOZ629
#33WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:04pm

Sorry guys i that i had posted it earlier but here's the Alley Theatre Playbill. :)

MunchkininOZ629
#34WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:10pm

Don't know how to put them all in the same message so i'm doing them post by post. Sorry if that's wrong! But here's the cast board.

MunchkininOZ629
#35WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:14pm

Me favorite cast member. :)

MunchkininOZ629
#36WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:15pm

Alley Theatre.

MunchkininOZ629
#37WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:17pm

And finally the Wonderland billboard in Houston. :)

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#38WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 3:46pm

I recognize that apartment building, but I can't remember the name of it. Isn't it in Montrose?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#39WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/23/10 at 4:00pm

Thanks for posting the picture of the playbill. It looks really good.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#40WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/25/10 at 2:30am

- The ending has been altered a lot since Tampa. Won't say too much more about
that as to not create any spoilers.

wow, you weren't kidding about this.

sweetTb'way Profile Photo
sweetTb'way
#41WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 1/25/10 at 6:15am

Told you.....glad I didn't give anything away.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#43WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 2/8/10 at 10:54pm

So, do NOT read the rest of the attached link if you do not want to read spoilers for the new ending of Wonderland, but, I didn't realize: in the Houston version, the Alice being a descendant of Carroll’s Alice Liddell part has been taken out of the book?

Rewriting a musical must be like breaking up a relationship. Wildhorn, Murphy and Boyd seem fixated on the connection between Carroll and Alice. In an early version of the book, she was a descendant of Alice Liddell, Carroll's inspiration for Alice in Wonderland.

"In an early version" = the way it was when I saw it in Tampa. And the way it's written in the 'about' section of the wonderlandthemusical site. But, this article's implying, that all doesn't exist anymore?

Revamped 'Wonderland' is a musical still in need of a story

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#44WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 6/10/10 at 9:27pm

Random bump, wasn't sure where else to talk about this: so Ashley Galvan and Melinda Sullivan from WONDERLAND are on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

I've never watched SYTYCD before, but I'm completely sucked in now... Melinda used "I am my own invention" in her 10 second bio, and Ashley's page on fox.com says that her favorite professional dancer is Mallauri Esquibel, and I am loving it.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#45WONDERLAND- Houston changes
Posted: 6/11/10 at 10:05am

Having seen this piece of audience torture in Tampa, I can't imagine any way of making it work short of starting all over with an entirely different story.

The score isn't the problem; they can cut and add songs to their heart's delight, it won't make the show better. The songs are all perfectly light and entertaining and attached to one of the worst scripts ever written.

The story doesn't need clarity it needs sense. As it was in Florida, it seemed to have been written by a group of monkeys who had destroyed their brains with meth use.

What universe are these people in? The "real" world of the first scene bears no resemblance to reality, so why should we have any connection to these cartoon-y characters?

How does the (very large) little girl enter the other world? Suddenly, she's just down the elevator shaft and no one seems to find this unusual or surprising?

We know from the start that Mom has to work her way through (what is it - 8?) doors, so we're left to count them until we can leave. NEVER tell your audience how long they have to wait til the end comes, it just makes them count down.

Why is Nikki Snelson so vulgar? Why does she sing so loud and piercingly?

Why do they make poor José Llana portray such an insulting Latino stereotype?

Since nothing in the show makes sense, it comes across as a confusing mess of scenes that only serve to set up a string of cheaply-produced variety show numbers, none of which say anything new (or even anything old in a new way).

This is a really annoying turkey that just needs to stop.

Videos