pixeltracker

Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW 5/27- Page 2

Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW 5/27

Freakyfreak
#25Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 4:37am

haha! Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!

It’s just funny how people here keep on whining and bitching every time Memphis wins arwards. Everyone/every Organisation calling them a winner is just “stupid” or “don’t having a clue”. But fact is, that they are the most nominated new Musical on Broadway and that they were winning lots of awards lately.
But YOU keep on calling yourself the only one who KNOWS what is bad and what not. Lmao
And then you simply don’t „understand“ people pointing that out. I’m sure you understood at all…
(I know my English isn’t perfect, but I’ve never had a problem having conversations with native speakers at all.. So.. either you just don’t WANT to understand or you are just too stupid for it…)

Updated On: 5/28/10 at 04:37 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#26Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 11:03am

Memphis is not the most nominated musical on Broadway. Fela! has 11 Tony nominations and is a far better show in my opinion. At least it doesn't try to be anything it's not.

~Steven

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#27Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 11:45am

I LOVE this performance, and it WILL sell tix.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#28Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 11:51am

Okay, I don't even know why I'm responding but here goes.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. There is really no definitive "good" or "bad" when it comes to a show. So I'm not saying that it's "bad" and everyone should agree with me. My opinion is that it's a bad show. Anyone who disagrees is more than entitled to their opinion and I respect it.

But YOU keep on calling yourself the only one who KNOWS what is bad and what not. Lmao

When have I ever called myself the only one who knows what is bad and what isn't? That never happened. Ever.

And then you simply don’t „understand“ people pointing that out. I’m sure you understood at all…

No, it's YOU that isn't understanding ME.

I have said, ad nauseum, that I am okay with MEMPHIS winning the Tony for Best Musical. I get why it would win. It's the only "original" musical in the running. FELA! is, hands down, the best of the nominees in my opinion (still haven't seen MDQ) and is a hell of a lot more "original" than MEMPHIS, but whatever. What I really don't get is Ms. Glover beating two incredibly strong and moving performances from CZJ and Scott. Their performances are in a totally different stratosphere than Glover's. She has a lovely voice but (the night I saw her, at least) could not act her way out of a paper bag. The award is for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical. Not Best Partial-Performance by a Female Singer. I'd rather have a female lead act the sh*t out of a role even if their singing voices aren't mind-blowing (see Alice Ripley whose performance in N2N remains one of the best I've ever seen onstage...and her singing voice is not exactly melodic. But she's absolutely mesmerizing.)

Now I'm getting off track. Whatever. I'm okay with MEMPHIS taking Best Musical (barely) but I just don't get how Montego Glover's performance deserves the title of "best" anything.

And this is the last time I'm saying this crap because I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
Updated On: 5/28/10 at 11:51 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#29Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 11:58am

Agreed, rOcKS. Although you sound more okay with it winning than I am. Fela! all the way. But yeah, not even in this season of nothing great would Montego get my vote. Her category has, in my opinion, three brilliant performances and one that isn't quite as ripe but still respectable. And then there's Montego.

~Steven

Freakyfreak
#30Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 5:14pm

"...Memphis is not the most nominated musical on Broadway. Fela! has 11 Tony nominations and is a far better show in my opinion. At least it doesn't try to be anything it's not. .."

I'm NOT just talking about Tony Awards, I meant ALL the nominations of ths Award-season...

Updated On: 5/28/10 at 05:14 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#31Memphis on THE TODAY SHOW in about 2 minutes!
Posted: 5/28/10 at 6:00pm

Well, that's because FELA! ran off Broadway last year and was therefore ineligible for a lot of the other awards.

Videos