News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WiCkEDrOcKS

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
Member Name: WiCkEDrOcKS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 10:35:51 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "David Gordon's tweet reminds me of Harvey Fierstein's eloquent explanation for how Jerry Mitchell turned KINKY BOOTS around in early previews out-of-town. Without big textual or structural changes, he refocused and calibrated the performances, scenesand musical numbers to entertain while moving the story forward and putting character first.

That's not enough for EVERY show, but it certainly helps some shows.
"

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 12 2024, 10:56:31 AM

I'm selling 1x single rear orchestra ticket to the 4/24 8:00 performance for ~$130.

If interested, shoot me a DM!

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 10:06:14 AM

Online theater ticketing is so embarrassing, pretty much across the board.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 20 2024, 10:05:40 AM

Overall (this was my first live exposure to TOMMY), I enjoyed this quite a bit for the most part, but I do have to say something was up with the lead's mic last night (or his diction, honestly)? I could understand everyone else very clearly, but about 65% of his lyrics were lost, which...was unfortunate. 

And I did miss the actual physical pinball machine from the original production (thank you, YouTube). Would've also loved more physical set pieces. Part of me also wa

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Feb 22 2024, 01:54:01 PM

Ok, so ANYWAY - any reports from the first preview last night?

Isn't it about time for a major Broadway revival of DREAMGIRLS?  Jan 26 2024, 02:36:23 PM

We need it, but not the Casey Nicholaw production. 

And Jai'Len Josey for Effie!

Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”  Jan 18 2024, 12:05:39 AM

getatme said: "The play Fahy was meant to do was FIRE SEASON alongside Billy Crudup (from Apple TV’s Hello Tomorrow and The Morning Show) and Victor Garber. She participated in a reading of it last year. Streetcar was the popular rumor, but have it on good authority it was Fire Season which was then delayed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwpsyMTusIT/?igsh=ZWRlMHM4a21lem1r
"

From the playwright’s official website: “Her new play FIRE SEASON, a provocative thriller adapted from Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure, will premiere on Broadway in 2024 with a star-studded cast, directed by Trip Cullman and produced by Bruna Papandrea, Eva Price, and Joanna Coles.”

O'Connell & Coon in Cromer-helmed AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY reading  Nov 10 2023, 10:53:31 AM

QueenAlice said: "Sally Field did an earlier reading. I don't think this show is commercially viable without a major name somewhere in the cast."

I obviously LOVE O'Connell - but would kill for this to still be a Sally Field vehicle, if it materializes into a full production.

(Maybe even with O'Connell as her alternate or standby? That would get me to go more than once...)

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Nov 3 2023, 01:29:31 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I want to know if the original program-printing was a goof of including the wrong song list, or if they actually overhauled the book and cut a bunch of songs since it went to print (which was probably about 2 weeks ago). I don't have the program in front of me right now but there's a huge difference from the song list in the printed Playbill vs what's on the paper insert."

I also noticed (on Wednesday at least) the song prog

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Nov 3 2023, 09:09:10 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "I didn’t notice any real straining on her part last night (I could be wrong) so maybe they adjusted after Wednesday night?"

Glad to hear it!

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Nov 3 2023, 08:35:22 AM

I love Loretta as much as the next gay (and she killed the book scenes) but she was straining vocally on Wednesday night. I partly blame the musical/vocal arrangements, but frankly there were a handful of times I winced when she went for a big note. That said, she’s a legend, obviously, and deserves better. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Nov 2 2023, 08:17:03 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Sauja said: "The trouble, I think, with trying to do a massive rethink of a piece as part of Encores is that there just. Isn’t. Time."

There were workshops and dance labs of this last year with much of the same cast (incl principals). So for once, there WAS time!

Tony Goldwyn & Richard La Gravanese were attached to this revisal prior to Savion and the rest of the team getting involved. The first iterati

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Nov 1 2023, 10:20:23 PM

Sauja said: "As Encores gets farther and farther from their goal of showcasing great scores from forgotten musicals, they seem to have forgotten that the two week rehearsal process gives them only enough time to mount what’s on the page, not to revamp an entire show from a new perspective."

This. (Even though I don’t believe this is technically an Encores production. But the points you made still stand.)

I was there tonight as well an

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Oct 30 2023, 04:17:26 PM

B212323 said: "WiCkEDrOcKS said: "By and large, I thought this was exceptional. Overlong, sure, but not by some insane margin - I strangely didn’t find it slow at all. It’s supposed to take us along on this band’s experience of recording an entire album - which in itself is often draining, arduous, stressful, and long. That’s the point. But it’s far from boring. I thought the ensemble was up there with the cast of THE COMEUPPANCE. It’s har

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Oct 30 2023, 12:12:16 PM

What a wonderful crop of raves! 

And TheaterMania calls it a "masterpiece."

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Oct 29 2023, 10:20:44 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "I would absolutely consider that the end of Act One has somewhat of a coup de théâtre"

With all due respect, look up the definition. It’s not. Effective? Absolutely. But not a coup de théâtre. 

Anyway, great reviews so far including a Times Critic’s Pick!

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Oct 29 2023, 07:13:07 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I don’t know if I would describe this as meat and potatoes.”

I mean - it doesn’t particularly deal with any hot button issues or have any crazy coup de théâtre, but these days, honest, well-performed, and emotionally engaging plays are “meat and potatoes,” to me. I’ll take what I can get.

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Oct 29 2023, 05:49:01 PM

By and large, I thought this was exceptional. Overlong, sure, but not by some insane margin - I strangely didn’t find it slow at all. It’s supposed to take us along on this band’s experience of recording an entire album - which in itself is often draining, arduous, stressful, and long. That’s the point. But it’s far from boring. I thought the ensemble was up there with the cast of THE COMEUPPANCE. It’s hard to pinpoint a single performer, but Will Brill (al

Daly and Schreiber will lead DOUBT on Broadway  Oct 16 2023, 12:28:51 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Quincy Tyler Bernstine and Zoe Kazan have joined the cast as Mrs. Muller and Sister James, respectively."

This cast is perfection. 

The Official TDF Thread  Sep 29 2023, 03:24:17 PM

Any reports on where the seated tickets have been for HERE LIES LOVE?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You