pixeltracker

Which "movie stars" do you think will return to Broadway?- Page 2

Which "movie stars" do you think will return to Broadway?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#25Which 'movie stars' do you think will actually return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 12:35pm

I'd like to see Roberts come back in an original play that's more tailored to her strengths, preferably at an intimate, off-Broadway theatre. Maybe a non-for-profit space, like City Center Stage I, The Signature or The Public. I think she originally said that Three Days of Rain was meant to be an off-Broadway production, but that they had the opportunity to get the Jacobs after another show fell through and took it.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 6/16/10 at 12:35 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26Which 'movie stars' do you think will actually return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 12:39pm

That's interesting. I never pictured her doing off broadway, but seeing her in a more intimate space would be better than Christmas & Hanukkah combined.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#27Which 'movie stars' do you think will actually return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 12:49pm

Agreed. The main problem I had with Roberts' performance is that she was trying to "sell" it too broadly in a 1000+ seat house. A small, 299 seat theatre would certainly alleviate that.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28Which 'movie stars' do you think will actually return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 12:56pm

I never once thought she was trying to "sell it". I saw THREE DAYS OF RAIN 21 times. Yes, that is how much I love her. From the first preview to the last show, her performance grew stronger and stronger which was to be expected for someone making their stage debut. I'd give anything to see her again on stage.

wishfuldaze
#29Which 'movie stars' do you think will actually return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 11:35pm

CZJ.

I cannot even remember a recent movie CZJ has been in, she has fallen off the Hollywood radar. I feel like the movie business is one of those where you have to stay fresh in people's minds, and she is not.

Videos