pixeltracker

Emily Skinner looks great!- Page 2

Emily Skinner looks great!

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#25Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 5:31pm

did you just say asian people and fancy car companies are bad? (see how you can turn anything?)

I love ES and she can sing the phone book and i would be thrilled.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Chrysanthemum62001
#26Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 3:25pm

Where on earth have I been?! I had no idea she had lost so much weight. Emily has always been drop dead gorgeous, but she is like a goddess now.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#27Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 3:30pm

Its not polite to talk about a lady's weight or ask her how she lost it. I read that in Miss Manners.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#28Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 3:46pm

Not that this proves anything, but Skinner still sounds exactly the same (even better) since her weight loss. Many singers who have gastric bypass experience a marked vocal difference after the surgery. Just listen to Deborah Voigt today, as compared to the way she sounded a few years ago.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#29Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 4:16pm

Didnt Holliday do gastric bypass and she sounds great.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

littlegreen2 Profile Photo
littlegreen2
#30Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 4:29pm

In her Ask A Star, she said it was because of the training she did for Billy, which I believe. I think she was heaviest during Dirty Blonde and her weight had been dropping since then anyway... Not that it matters, because she is FABULOUS either way. I recently saw her in Billy and she was easily the best part of the show, at least for me. A profound stage presence, truly. I am going to go back before she leaves.

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand: Till we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land."

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#31Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 4:31pm

Holliday sounds good, but she definitely doesn't have the plume and power that she did at the height of her career. Some of that could simply be aging, or it could be because of the surgery.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

bwaylvsong
#32Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 5/1/11 at 5:20pm

Actually one of the reasons a lot of opera singers are overweight is that the fat near the diaphragm makes it easier to support- the difference in Voigt's singing (or Holliday's for that matter) would have more to do with the weight loss itself than the surgery. The weight loss leaves the singer with a new technical issue that they haven't had to think about since they started singing.

Videos