Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 10:54am

How did she lose all that weight?

Chrranke Profile Photo
Chrranke
#2Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 10:56am

I know!!! She looks amazing. I made a thread about this but it got deleted for some reason. Don't know why...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 10:58am

I don't know, either. She looks like she may have had a gastric bypass.
Updated On: 11/17/10 at 10:58 AM

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#3Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 11:04am

oh em gee I hope not. That'll mess you up in a lot of ways, health-wise.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Chrranke Profile Photo
Chrranke
#4Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 11:06am

Yes it would! I hope not.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 11:07am

She does looks fantastic. And her performance is wonderful.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#6Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 11:11am

She looks great. Her performance in Billy Elliot...not so great.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#7Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 11:37am

In an interview for Broadway.com, she said that the training required to go into BILLY ELLIOT, coupled with performing the show eight times a week, has caused her weight loss. In her own words, she says that she has to "go home and eat her face off" just to maintain.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

PurpleFanta Profile Photo
PurpleFanta
#8Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:00pm

She looks amazing! Good for her!

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#9Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:47pm

"oh em gee I hope not. That'll mess you up in a lot of ways, health-wise."

Have you been very close to someone who has had gastric bypass? It doesn't mess you up as much as you might think as long as you're smart about it.

Skinner looks fantastic and she gives an outstanding performance as always.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#10Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:49pm

Remember when Star Jones said her drastic weight loss was due to diet and exercise?

themysteriousgrowl
#11Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 12:52pm

"Have you been very close to someone who has had gastric bypass? It doesn't mess you up as much as you might think as long as you're smart about it."

No, I have not. I'm just going by what I've heard on here and in other places. Thank you for the clarification!

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#12Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 1:00pm

Maybe she got a lap band.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#13Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 1:07pm

If she did, she doesn't look like the people I know who have lost weight by using lap bands.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

themysteriousgrowl
#15Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 1:27pm

Careful how you talk about her.

It might be deleted.

justafan2
#16Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 5:49pm

I saw her performance in "Billy Elliot" and I could not really understand her dialogue (and I know the book---because I've seen the show many times). Her words seemed a bit garbled---has anyone else experienced this? I was close---in the 3rd row and still had to strain. People around me were expressing the same---maybe it was just that one performance? Her expressions and physical movements were very good, tho. (IMO)

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#16Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/17/10 at 6:58pm

I could understand what she was saying fine. She basically just talks to the audience, after all.

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#17Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 12:30am

It could be something she picked up in Chicago, because I had a hard time understanding anything that anybody in the cast said throughout the entire show. I understand using an accent, but from what I overheard I wasn't the only person who found it difficult to understand the cast.

Chrranke Profile Photo
Chrranke
#18Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 4:16am

You don't have to say much on this board to get your message deleted, huh!

Well I for one understood her well but I guess it's all about what you are used to. Her accent is legit but its a thick british accent. If you are going for authentic good but would be nice to understand the plot too

jimmycurry01
#19Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 7:03am

I had no problem understanding her in the Chicago run, and thought she was amazing.

themysteriousgrowl
#20Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 7:34am

Quite simply, awful.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#21Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 8:37am

"That'll mess you up in a lot of ways, health-wise."

Not necessarily, the pros heavily out way the (possible) cons.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

themysteriousgrowl
#22Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 8:39am

Oh! It's okay. I didn't mean that. I was only making fun of someone.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#23Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 10:29am

I do know from personal experience that the first 5 rows or so in the orchestra of the Oriental in Chicago has terrible acoustics, especially for spoken dialogue. When I won the lottery for Wicked, I had to strain to hear the spoken dialogue. I had no problem understanding anything in Billy Elliot, but I never sat in the front orchestra for the show.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#24Emily Skinner looks great!
Posted: 11/18/10 at 11:04am

Both the Oriental and the Cadillac have awful acoustics and their sound design doesn't do much to help the situation.

Videos