pixeltracker

"Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony" tonight....- Page 2

"Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony" tonight....

bwaybaby711
#25'Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony' tonight....
Posted: 3/14/11 at 2:08pm

I saw it yesterday also. It was HILARIOUS and she didn't talk about the Real Housewives too much. I have a friend who saw it on friday and said it was very different. Honestly, if you ask me its WELL worth it and they still have a bunch of tickets left for the rest of this week. I may see it again on thursday, i just LOVE HER!!!!

dave1606
#26'Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony' tonight....
Posted: 3/15/11 at 3:06pm

I saw her on Monday night. For anyone who wants to know Standing room is easy to get. I walked up at 7:30pm and bought two tickets. $26.50 a piece and if you want to pay by credit card you can.

I was extremely impressed with Kathy. I was not expecting a full two hour show, but she went for a solid two hours and seemed to do a pretty good job of keeping the audience entertained.

I was also appreciative she didn't do anything on the real housewives. They were mentioned, but she actually did a nice chunk on NYC, and her mom. I was most impressed with the fact that it was not all celebrity stories and that she could be funny without relying on her trademark all the time.

She has a great way of addressing the audience and I was overall really impressed. I loved the video montage at the begining though it did go on too long.

Rachael Ray's surprise guest appearance was pretty funny too.

Overall great night at the theater. View from standing room is perfect, and for those who want to know Kathy does come out and sign, though it was a zoo. She looked a bit overwhelmed and they were asking to only have her sign the playbill.

I wish she was around longer because I would go back!

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#27'Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony' tonight....
Posted: 3/15/11 at 4:47pm

Also worth noting for those that prefer to sit: I went to the box office yesterday at around 4:30 and they sold me a seat in the orchestra for $50. Around tens rows back three seats in on the side. Not sure what was going on, but it was a terrific seat and I saw the people sitting next to me had paid full price.

I was also super impressed with the show.

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#28'Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony' tonight....
Posted: 3/15/11 at 6:30pm

Was there on Monday. She really was terrific. And she only mentioned the housewives in passing. Her new bid on The View is hilarious. Not to be missed.

Videos