pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/13- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/13

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/13
Posted: 11/15/11 at 1:01pm

After seeing last week's grosses, is there any truth to the rumor that the producers of FOLLIES are considering a transfer to New World Stages?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/13
Posted: 11/15/11 at 3:18pm

Also, are those numbers for Bonnie & Clyde good? I have heard great things about that show and am hoping that it will be around till spring of next year so I can get over to NYC to see it!

Hopefully it will pick up a bit as word of mouth gets out. I am really hoping this lasts a while so I can see it over the summer.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/13
Posted: 11/15/11 at 4:18pm

Yeah, it's pretty difficult to judge a show based on previews. Few, if any, tourists and infrequent theatergoers (who tend to be the ones to buy higher-priced tickets) will buy tickets for a show until it's opened so they can read reviews and have more information about it. Also, shows paper a lot in previews since they are interested in generating excitement, not to mention the fact that lots of critics are watching the show as well.

In short - it's too early to judge Bonnie & Clyde's numbers. The only disturbing trend would be if it loses money from week to week in previews since shows try to build up to opening night. As long as it earns even more $ next week, it's fine for now.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

Videos