GHOST stopped right now

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25from Playbill article
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:03am

Shomeika -- the critics ALWAYS see the show before opening -- how else could their reviews be READY for opening night? They are given a list of "press dates" from which to choose.

And I agree, any mention of the tech glitch will be in passing and not influence the opinion of the show at all. You would never see something like: This was a masterpiece that I was about to recommend to all -- until the set change malfunction. Now I realize the garbage in front of me. Whew. (I'm not saying this IS garbage, I haven't seen it.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

theminutepast
#26from Playbill article
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:25am

I really wanted to read Brantley's review of GHOST, but from a comment here, it sounds like Isherwood is reviewing it. I hated the show - the projections, the characters, the music, the book. I love the movie, but this production does not work and I was looking forward to reading Brantley rip it apart.

Videos