GHOST stopped right now

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#1GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:16pm

Show is currently stopped right before Sam and Oda Mae are entering the office building. Apparently screens got stuck. We have been sitting for about fifteen minutes now. Has this happened before?

Updated On: 4/19/12 at 10:16 PM

FindingNamo
#2GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:25pm

Ghost has tweet seats? Cool.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:25pm

Maybe it's a ghost.

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#3GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:35pm

Barnabus Collins????

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#4GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:13pm

ATC says an NYTimes reviewer is in the audience.

DaveyG
#5GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:17pm

Daily News critic tweeted:

@TheJoeDShow: At Ghost. During "nothing stops another day" automation mess-up stopped the show. Crunch. 10:02. Will see when resumes. Very spiderman

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:18pm

Oh man. Can't wait to read THOSE reviews on Monday!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#7GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:20pm

It's not "very Spider-Man" until someone breaks something...

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#8GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:25pm

"Nothing Stops Another Day" ...except this. HA. GHOST stopped right now

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#9GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:25pm

Brantley's bound to rip it apart, anyway. well, minus Ms. Randolph. and he'll probably give Levy and Fleeshman better notices this time around.

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#10GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:32pm

Is it my imagination, or did Brantley like Pinkham in BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON? Maybe Pinkham will come out unscathed too.

bookofmel Profile Photo
bookofmel
#11GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:57pm

Aww man, I feel for them! How long did it take to recover?

DaveyG
#12GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 12:06am

Just ran into a friend who was there - he said they stopped for about 20 minutes.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#13GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 12:16am

When I saw the show the scrim was stuck as well. During the scene where Molly and Sam make love, as the scrim was coming down it got caught on one of the sliding panels and Molly and Sam were left making out on the couch longer than expected as the scrim was then brought back up before they moved into the next number in the show ("More").

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#14GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 12:23am

Was there tonight with one of the critics. I can't say who but he hated the whole damn thing especially the music.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#15GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 12:24am

Why can't you say who?

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#16GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 1:33am

Well, we know it wasn't Matthew Murray. He would have hated the whole thing evenly.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#17GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 1:38am

That's really unfortunate. Like the show or not, you have to feel for them after all the hard work and prep that goes into it. I guess critics would not be too forgiving at this point?

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#18GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 8:25am

Well as much as I love this show, it is their job to only take the material into consideration. Not the effort put into it. No matter what the show is, hard work is involved some how so you can't really praise it.
I personally think this show is gonna receive a luke warm response. Some will hate it, some will love it, but most will be on the fence.
But the basic element is that it connects with the audience. It has done so in London, and when I went Tuesday night, the orchestra was full and the foward-mid mezzanine was populated well enough. The back rows were sparse though. But at the end, people were jumping out of their seats. And as I stated before, the sound of sobbing was echoing through out the entire theater at the end, especially when SPOILER Oda May was switched out with Sam during the dance. Like audible gasps where heard and then the on rush of tears lol.
I think the show will do well. It may not be a HUGE run away hit like WICKED or Lion King. But personally I think it will catch on and have a decent run.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#19GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 8:38am

Brantley was at THE LYONS last night... so I suppose he was spared of this mishap. But boy do I feel bad for this technical accident.

Molly, you in danger girl!

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

shomeika Profile Photo
shomeika
#20GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 9:07am

so seems that critics are critiquing, even officially, even before the show opens? hmmmmmmmm.

Clint. Atlanta,GA
Updated On: 4/20/12 at 09:07 AM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#21GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 9:40am

They are critiquing as soon as they see the show, which is always before it opens. It's just not published until opening.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#22GHOST stopped right now
Posted: 4/20/12 at 9:53am

Yes and it's not uncommon for a critic to make a comment to someone sitting near them or at least visibly express some sort of emotion at a show. Obviously this is not an "official" review but rather it's an off-the-record comment. I'm not sure which critic Golden Boy was referring to and why he/she can't tell us who the critic was.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

shomeika Profile Photo
shomeika
#23from Playbill article
Posted: 4/20/12 at 4:57pm

from Playbill

(after set issue resolved) "When the curtain came back up by 10:30, game actress Caissie Levy, as Molly, continued "Nothing Stops Another Day," apparently where she left off, in mid-song, to cheers and applause. "I'm Outta Here," an animation-spiked production number for actress Da'vine Joy Randolph, who plays vivacious medium Oda Mae Brown, followed.

The rest of the show, directed by Tony Award winner Matthew Warchus, went off seemingly without a hitch, leading to a standing ovation at 10:55 PM."

"The Thursday audience included reviewers from the New York Times, the New York Post, Newsday, New York Daily News and other media outlets. Critics are usually forgiving of technical mishaps; the interruption probably won't impact their assessment of the quality of Ghost"

Clint. Atlanta,GA

basketcase
#24from Playbill article
Posted: 4/21/12 at 9:23am

I heard that Isherwood was in attendance at this performance. I'm sure he hated it anyway, but I'm sure this didn't help.

Videos