pixeltracker

Matt Doyle's stellar accomplishment- Page 2

Matt Doyle's stellar accomplishment

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#25Matt Doyle's stellar accomplishment
Posted: 12/1/12 at 11:52am

Sally, I agree with you. It is a significant achievement for someone to appear in a Best Play and Best Musical. Some people in here will nitpick to the extreme. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#26Matt Doyle's stellar accomplishment
Posted: 12/2/12 at 12:10am

Cynthia Nixon starred in two Best Play nominees (and one winner) *simultaneously* in the '80s.

Even that isn't "an accomplishment." A neat bit of effort and a good marketing ploy, but not an accomplishment. A circumstance.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#27Matt Doyle's stellar accomplishment
Posted: 12/2/12 at 7:53am

Thanks RC, appreciate it. I could make some cogent points, but not worth it.

After Eight
#28Matt Doyle's stellar accomplishment
Posted: 12/2/12 at 8:12am

Stage Door Sally,

Thank you for pointing this out.

It's a testament to Doyle's talent that he got these roles. Good for him.

And Sally, good for us that you're back here posting where you belong. I've always loved reading your reviews.

Videos