pixeltracker

Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up- Page 2

Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up

brdway411
#25Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up
Posted: 8/2/17 at 4:57am

I did first preview and got there at 6 am (4th in line).  Had a blast both in line and at the show. Not sure about now that it got a rave review. My friend Sam made some of the costumes. 

tsondie21 Profile Photo
tsondie21
#26Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:50am

It's almost over for the year, so this might not matter so much, but just to add more standby ticket data to the mix:

I got there at 5:30 on Wednesday night and did not get tickets. There were approximately 60 people ahead of me.

I got there at 2:45 on Thursday night and there were approximately 16 people ahead of me. One guy had 5 of his family members join him at around 5 which was aggravating, but technically fine under the Publics line waiting rules. I got two tickets but they were not together, it looked like they had about 6 tickets after me - but that was just the first batch. I've heard they try to pack people in there even after it starts. 

They used to have a policy of 1 ticket per person for standby, but this has changed to two. To the people reading this next year when it might actually be helpful, greetings from the past!

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#27Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:26pm

Closing weekend is here! I just got two tickets for tonight. Got in line around 6:15 this morning. When I looked back after getting my tickets it looked like my place was about 2/3 from the front. (The staff had cut off a chunk of people who definitely got there too late.)

I tried the cancellation line on Wednesday, getting there at 6 pm and it was way too late. Counted 250 people in front of me. Cancellation line seems to be more successful earlier in the run.

VintageSnarker
#28Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:05pm

Early. There were well over 100 people before 6:30. I can only imagine it'll be worse over the weekend. 

Videos