News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VintageSnarker

Member Name: VintageSnarker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New musicals by Ruffin, McLean, Chanler-Berat, Kerrigan, and more for NY Stage & Film 2024  May 6 2024, 06:53:20 PM

The Heart sounds like the most interesting project listed but Tulipa and After Peter sound promising too. Sadly, I'm not going to be around in August. 

Dual Casts in WHAT BECAME OF US at Atlantic, Starring Tony Shalhoub & BD Wong  May 3 2024, 12:12:29 PM

Was anyone able to get an Access 25 ticket? I don't know if they held any back. Maybe it was already too well sold. I didn't see a single one.

Sandra Oh, Paige Gilbert, Ann Harada & more to star in NA premiere of Lucy Kirkwood's THE WELKIN  May 1 2024, 12:33:25 PM

Is anyone planning on seeing this? It seems like What Became of Us is selling much better.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 03:07:11 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Merch is online!https://aracaeventmerch.com/collections/dbh-shop-all"

Now that's some cute merch. I do like the pins and the fact they aren't afraid of graphics but the font also elevates the text-based stuff. It looks better than all the basic text merch that's so popular because it feels like there's some design to it.

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  May 1 2024, 02:56:31 AM

uncageg said: "VintageSnarker said: "Newsies didn't run that long."

Newsies came to Broadway as a limited run and ended up running for over 2 years. That's a decent run.
"

Sure, that's decent. I wasn't trying to slight Newsies but responding to this comment "the only one I really see having staying power is The Outsiders. It kind of is building that newsies fan base"

If Hell's Kitchen has a ru

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 01:14:22 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "yyys said: "Conrad had a very minor role in Here Lies Love from what I remember??

His role was absolutely not a minor one
"

Conrad was purely noble; Jose was solely villainous. Arielle was the only one who really had something to play. Imelda carries that show. 

I feel worse for Chip Zien who should have gotten a nomination for Caroline. 

How many shows does Paul Alexander Nolan have to be in befo

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 12:32:44 PM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "the notebook- closes by September long weekend

water for elephants - closes in January

Hell’s Kitchen - doesn’t make it a year

the only one I really see having staying power is The Outsiders. It kind of is building that newsies fan base
"

I don't think The Notebook was being powered by critical praise to begin with. Once some of the other musicals fall away, it could be the sentimental romantic sho

Tony Award nominee L. Morgan Lee to star in A COMPLICATED WOMAN at Goodspeed  Apr 28 2024, 01:58:57 PM

So Nora is the one playing Kenley. Lee is playing a character named Nina Mae. 

MARY JANE Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 02:59:36 PM

30 Under 35 is very tempting but I just don't feel like this is a play I would enjoy even if the performances are strong. 

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 25 2024, 04:45:35 PM

JSquared2 said: "You appear to have solved your own problem. Don't arrive an hour early -- everyone has an assigned seat -- it's not first come, first served. There is no reason to be there "early". Opening the house earlier isn't an option as it triggers overtime pay for every single department."

Well, one reason to get there early is that some people are furious with you if they have to get up to allow you to get to your seat. I still rarely g

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 09:12:26 PM

Jesse St. James said: "are balcony seats any good? From pictures it looks really far from the stage"

It's not that much worse than Dress Circle if you have binoculars. But don't go with the extreme sides; they're marked partial for a reason.

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 05:56:17 PM

quizking101 said: "Oh dear. These reviews do not look good on the whole.

I’m going next week and hoping for the best.
"

I always look forward to your opinions. I'm hoping it's a fun night out for you but I'll enjoy reading your thoughts regardless.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 11 2024, 03:41:28 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "But now, if I list that far in advance on multiple services...full price sales seem to dry up and it feels impossible to move inventory. Yet, if I don't list on papering services, that house that needs a boost often suddenly fills up at full price just 2 days before the show. So for papering we have pivoted to very last minute listings, usually the day or 2 prior. AND we experimented with lowering the sales threshold which activates dynamic pricing. Low a

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 10 2024, 08:53:00 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "If there's discounts freely available for all dates, a customer says "eh, I'll get to this show if I have time. I really gotta make sure I can see this $250 show somehow instead"."

I feel differently. As long as it's not a limited run, I assume high ticket prices means demand is too high and I would do better waiting for more availability and better deals in the future. Whereas low grosses means you have to rush to see t

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 10 2024, 07:04:25 PM

cdf1983 said: "I’m curious… why does that confuse you and how is it a big departure from the book?"

Gatsby is supposed to be young but he has to pass for someone who has lived a lot of lives... farmer, sailor, soldier, bootlegger. It's been years since I've read the book though and the only physical description I can find with a quick google is "His tanned skin was drawn attractively tight on his face and his short hair looked as though it w

Lempicka Lottery/Rush  Apr 9 2024, 04:41:55 PM

Any updates on where the seats have been? The grosses have me stressed about trying to see this show before it closes.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 9 2024, 04:35:46 PM

barcelona20 said: "We have no idea what this Gatsby will be like yet. Maybe they're completely changing the focus. Who knows..."

If true, Isaac Powell is the casting that confuses me. That's a really big departure from the book.

Patti LuPone- A Life With Notes - Concert Tour thread  Apr 9 2024, 03:16:38 PM

With my expectations appropriately calibrated, I mostly had a good time. I wasn't expecting all showstopping numbers so I could enjoy the varied program and the moments she took to thrill the audience. I do think there was too much singing... in the sense that she could have included more patter and sung fewer, more challenging songs. It also didn't feel like she had a chance to "act" most of the songs because of the relentless jukebox pace of most of the evening. Bridget Ev

BroadwayWorld Announces Ultimate Best Musical March Madness Bracket - Vote Now!  Apr 4 2024, 08:59:21 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "It was obvious to me from the first frame that HAMILTON would best all comers and come out on top. Seeing the vote tallies for the final four, it's playing out just as predicted.

Next time: allow non-Tony winners like WEST SIDE STORY and FOLLIES. Allow shows dating back to at least OKLAHOMA. (Apologies toSHOWBOAT, ANYTHING GOES and PORGY & BESS.) And somehow the matchups need to mix decades more liberally. And you know what? I bet HAMILTON

John Cardoza held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 2 2024, 01:46:11 AM

KJisgroovy said: ""Almost every big city is seeing an increase in violent crimes"

Except that's not true. Most recent statistics from the FBI show that violent crime is down. The fearmongering is what makes it seem the violent crime is up. We know about the random punching because of Tiktok. We know about these incidents because they are Broadway celebrities. These things happened before Tiktok we just didn't hear about them in the same way. They weren&#3

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You