News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VintageSnarker

Member Name: VintageSnarker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Peter Dinklage, Lupita Nypng'o, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sandra Oh to star in Shakespeare in the Park's TWELFTH NIGHT
 Jul 25 2024, 08:41:51 PM
I wonder if this one will end up being filmed as well
BroadwayWorld Announces Summer Madness Bracket - Best Musical: Losers Edition
 Jul 23 2024, 03:39:32 PM
There are five days to stop Beauty and the Beast from knocking out Sunday in the Park with George
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/24
 Jul 19 2024, 04:13:32 AM
Well, I guess I'm taking my parents to Gatsby then
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/24
 Jul 18 2024, 07:30:54 AM
How are Suffs and The Notebook doing relative to their running costs? Can I wait until September to see them?
JRB Teases
 Jul 18 2024, 03:41:25 AM
ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I don't assume it'll get close to sold out until singers are announced.

I mean, I just saw him not that long ago at 92Y for much cheaper. The orchestra is nice, but I don't feel the need to go unless there's an exciting lineup of guests.

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 16 2024, 08:46:34 PM
GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Today I learned that I’m the only one who genuinely enjoyed War Paint for what it was (and saw it four times). 😅"

I also enjoyed War Paint for what it was as well as The Visit and Do I Hear a Waltz. I can see the problems but the cast managed to keep it afloat. My vote is for Flying Over Sunset. Tom Kitt, James Lapine, Michael Korie, Beowulf Boritt and we got... that.

10th anniversary of Heathers
 Jul 16 2024, 08:32:31 PM
Call_me_jorge said: "Is this the longest a phillypinto burner account has been active?"

It feels like 10 years since I've heard that name

Jul 16 2024, 08:27:59 PM
Melissa25 said: "My first dose of cyanide did not work when Aladdin beat Follies in the previous round. I will have to take a double dose now because Aladdin is beating my favorite musical of all time Chicago 75 vs 25. WTF?"

Probably only 4 people had voted at that point. I feel like the Disney shows are getting a boost from the movies as much as the stage shows but interestingly most of these shows have movie adap

Jonathan Groff Sets 2025 Broadway Return with JUST IN TIME?
 Jul 12 2024, 09:39:21 PM
Call_me_jorge said: "Did anyone see the concert production in 2018? How big were the other parts? It looks like it was only a cast of 5, and thats including Groff. Always love seeing Elena Shadows name on cast lists, so hopefully she’s still involved!"

Yes, I saw it. It was different from the typical 92Y L&L lecture but the cast spoke directly to the audience between songs giving that background information on Darin. I have to imagine they developed

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 12 2024, 09:12:37 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "As for the "Homeless Penis" discussion, I've been here for a year and yet to see one penis on the street outside of Folsom East last month."

I go out a lot less than I used to and I see them all the time. For years it was just that one incident where a guy was masturbating near me on the train but in the last couple years it seems like half the time I leave my apartment, I see a penis or ass crack I didn't want to see. At least wi

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 Jul 12 2024, 06:30:54 AM
Alex Kulak2 said: "The video is definitely a fail, weird and uncanny and awkward, but I actually liked the song. Maybe something that shows off Criss and Shen'svoices more might have been smart, but the song they used had a pretty melody, insightful lyrics. It's got me interested to check out the rest of the show"

It felt like a more credible musical theater song than My Favorite Love Story. But then, I didn't have to listen to that tortured banter f

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 10:56:04 PM

MemorableUserName said: "One of the women involved in the "protest" commented on the Reddit thread"

"y'all are all talking about the show now in a more complicated, thoughtful way, so good job all of you, and SUCCESS for our action! 😊"

Absolutely insufferable. So smug and self-satisfied. 

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 05:23:27 AM
seaweedjstubbs said: "Jeez. There are SO many things worth protesting right now, and theychoose a Broadway musical? The Supreme Court just destroyed our democracy, but sure, it’s SUFFS that’s the real problem. Can’t roll my eyes hard enough."

I mean, if I've learned anything from Martha-Ann Alito, it's that white women (the protestors) apparently love communicating through flags.

Jun 30 2024, 04:21:07 PM

JSquared2 said: "GYPSY almost tied with BEETLEJUICE? Oyy!!

Seems like there are a lot of tweens voting and skewing the results.

Don't forget Les Mis won the last bracket. The snobs (I count myself as one) get outvoted and there's a strong recency bias. Frozen easily beating Caroline, or Change hurts my heart. How are Funny Girl and Mean Girls even close?

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 21 2024, 01:32:02 AM
Count me in the group who was glad to finally see this staged but not impressed by more than the singing and orchestra. I did not realize just how stacked the cast was but they couldn't completely cover up the issues in the material. I don't necessarily need fewer characters but it's difficult to fully empathize with such a large group except as victims of a disaster at the very end... which didn't really require a whole show to get us there.

Alex Joseph Grayson was fantastic and Harol

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 11 2024, 04:05:45 PM

Every performance is not sold out. If you're having that issue, the website might just be glitching. I got my ticket for next week. 

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 25 2024, 04:42:18 PM

I got my ticket for Ragtime with the Access code just now very easily. There was still good availability on the two dates I checked. 

Anyone Watching Elsbeth?
 May 19 2024, 05:34:00 PM

I keep seeing ads during Amazing Race and I wish I'd been watching from the beginning. Is it episodic enough for me to just jump into a random episode? Or should I wait to get Paramount+ and watch from the beginning? I've never seen The Good Wife/Fight. 

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 10 2024, 12:20:16 PM

Got an email that they're tying a ticket to the Bengsons concert with the chance to win two tickets to McNeal. Is The Keep Going Songs selling that poorly? I feel like I've been getting more LCT emails than normal. 

New musicals by Ruffin, McLean, Chanler-Berat, Kerrigan, and more for NY Stage & Film 2024
 May 6 2024, 06:53:20 PM

The Heart sounds like the most interesting project listed but Tulipa and After Peter sound promising too. Sadly, I'm not going to be around in August. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You