pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/14/18- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/14/18

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/14/18
Posted: 10/17/18 at 10:55am

Vespertine1228 said: "As for TORCH SONG, I think it was a mistake to be the 3rd of the 3 most famous gay plays in history on Broadway in the same year."

I would think this is the primary reason that TORCH SONG didn't make a quick transfer last spring when it actually had momentum from 2nd Stage.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/14/18
Posted: 10/17/18 at 11:03am

SomethingPeculiar said: "Vespertine1228 said: "As for TORCH SONG, I think it was a mistake to be the 3rd of the 3 most famous gay plays in history on Broadway in the same year."

I would think this isthe primary reasonthat TORCH SONG didn't make a quick transfer last spring when it actually had momentum from 2nd Stage.
"

^  This. Exactly this. No one in NY would shut up about it last year, but then everyone who wanted to see it, saw it. They should've extended or immediately transfered. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/14/18
Posted: 10/17/18 at 11:08am

I don't think it had "momentum" from 2ST. Very few people in the Broadway audience have ever even heard of 2ST. For momentum, the show needs marketing that, to date, it has not done impressively. It's all going to depend on the reviews I guess though not sure why. I hope someone more competent gets hold of the steering wheel on this one. I just hope they at least find a way to get it going through February. FWIW I also don't think it is the surfeit of gay plays that is at fault. The bigger issue is that there are a lot of plays and a lot of them have bigger stars (and are even new).

Videos