pixeltracker

How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)- Page 2

How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#25How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)
Posted: 11/22/19 at 8:49am

Never too hot for Hadestown. 

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#26How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)
Posted: 11/22/19 at 11:53am

dramamama611 said: "uncageg said: "Jesus, the OP asked a legitimate question and some people just couldn't help but be snarky. It is getting really tiring having to scroll through these posts to get to those that are actually answering a question or really contributing to a thread."

Actually A LOT of people answered the question - far more than were snarky. BUT the OP kept asking the same question looking for an answer that just didn't exist"

You are correct and you were one that answered the question.  But it just gets tiresome and unnecessary seeing it in almost every thread. That's just me.

My confusion with the question is if the OP is saying that they don't have air conditioning over there.

Just give the world Love.

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#27How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)
Posted: 11/22/19 at 1:33pm

Grace2 said: "What I’m really trying to find out is if there’s a point where they have to shut down a show because of heat if so what does the temp have to be for it to be shut down I just really curious at this point"

Are you trying to get out of work?

No snark intended, just trying to figure out the intent of the question. The same heat question could be asked of restaurants or hotels.

Grace2
#28How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)
Posted: 11/22/19 at 4:54pm

The only reason for this question is really that I’m curious and thought of it late at night and wanted an answer

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#29How hot does it have to be for a show to be cancelled? (In Celsius if you can)
Posted: 11/22/19 at 5:19pm

Almost all theaters in the US now have AC. I can't speak for New York, but I have worked at theaters in South Florida and Southern California. I now live in the California low desert where temps have hit 120 degrees farenheit (49 celsius).

Most theaters here don't run in the summer (not because of heat, but because half the town leaves for the season), but we have heat waves in the fall and spring. I've never heard of a venue canceling a show.

I think you have your answer, Grace, in several different forms.

Historical note: before the AC era, it was common for Broadway shows to close for the summer, go on tour in New England, and sometimes return in the Fall. This is why shows that ran 300 performances in the 1930s were considered smash hits.

Videos