One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows

ifonlyilivedinNY
#25One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows
Posted: 3/22/23 at 12:09am

Are you talking about “The It Factor”?

kirby1058
#26One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows
Posted: 3/28/23 at 11:07pm

Megsamegatron said: "LarryD2 said: "Kad said: "nativenewyorker2 said: "noahseestheatre said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I forgot about that documentary. I never saw it but remember when it was being made, a lot of people (I think myself included) being frustrated that awful woman was being given a platform and made to appear sympathetic.

But mind them or not, these people are basically a New York/Broadway institution. I was really surprised not to see them at City Center this past week - they can get very pushy at limited events like that.
"

What's the documentary title/

"

Appropriately titled One Ticket Please lol
"

It’s not full-length and was made as a film student project, I believe. But its subject is a woman who was infamous amongst house staff at theaters throughout the city- if she did get in, she would often be belligerent, disruptive, take other people’s seats, and more. I know she was banned from more than one theater and witnessed her behavior first hand when I worked as an usher when I was in college.
"

Her name is Nicki Cochrane and she is, indeed, known and despised by the staff of every theater in town. Or, at least, she was over the 30-odd years I worked in New York theater. When she can get into a theater, she likes to sit in the front row and will often plop herself down in her seat of choice -- regardless of whether that's her actual ticket -- and refuse to move when the actual ticketed patrons show up. She's rude and entitled in the way that only someone who has never actually spent a dime in her life to support theater can be. She is indeed banned from multiple theaters. By now she's in her 80s and I actually haven't seen or heard anything about her in a while, so she might finally be out of the game. Good riddance.

I can't recall the name of the older man who comes to ask for extra tickets -- I assume he's the basis for this thread -- but he's considered less odious than Nicki (though still something of a nuisance). I've definitely seen him recently so he's still at it for sure."

I can confirm Nicki was at the closing weekend of NYTW Merrily We Roll Along up to the same tricks
"

Nicki was also at The Appointment when I went. She asked if I had an extra ticket (I was on my own that night), but I think she might have ended up paying for a cancelled ticket. Saw her in my row. 

BCfitasafiddle
#27One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows
Posted: 3/28/23 at 11:36pm

Been seeing a lot more people doing this as of late. 

hearthemsing22
#28One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows
Posted: 3/29/23 at 8:46am

I was at Parade, Dancin', and I saw the same person asking for tickets. Ugh. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows
Posted: 3/29/23 at 10:14am

BCfitasafiddle said: "Been seeing a lot more people doing this as of late."

The more mild weather?  Oh, the disdain I have for these folks.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos