Re: Disney on Broadway

broadwayguy2
#25re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:49am

I love him and his voice.. the body is a bonus... it's like 209 million dollar lottery jackpot

#26re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:53am

I ABSOLUTELY agree - but I'm certainly not going to pretend that I don't notice what is blatantly obvious!

WickedDude
#27re: Re: Disney on Broadway

I never seen Chennenye but I think he would be great as Simba or Timon in The Loin King"

WickedDude
#28re: Re: Disney on Broadway

I never seen Chennenye but I think he would be great as Simba or Timon in The Loin King"

NativeNewYorker
#29re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:56am

"I love him and his voice.. the body is a bonus... it's like 209 million dollar lottery jackpot"

In order to notice the body, one must tear away from those EYES, which is difficult to do!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#30re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:57am

The eyes.... first thing I noticed when I first met him.

Allow me to fall on my floor.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

NativeNewYorker
#31re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 1:14am

Yeah. He's kinda cute :)

broadwayguy2
#32re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 1:15am

yes, he has VERY hypnotic eyes.

NativeNewYorker
#33re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 1:18am

In summary: awesome, talented, beautiful guy :) Updated On: 7/3/04 at 01:18 AM

WickedDude
#34re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 5:58pm

Can we stop talking about this performer and get back to the first subject (disney and broadway)

broadwayguy2
#35re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:01pm

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne would be phenominal as Gaston, but imagine the gasps when his beautiful self was revealed at the end if he played the Beast...................

ponine24601
#36re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:04pm

ohh i agree that Cheyenne would be a great gaston! i think that Kerry Butler should be Ariel in The Little Mermaid because we know that she has the voice for the role, plus it's her favorite Disney movie.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

broadwayguy2
#37re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:05pm

she DID do the workshop...

Kerry is such a Disney Princess.

ponine24601
#38re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:10pm

haha. i forgot that she did the workshop. ohh i really hope that the show comes to broadway and kerry stars!

oh, cute icon by the way, broadwayguy2. yay adam!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

broadwayguy2
#39re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:11pm

Thank you VERY much. I figured that the board could use an overdoes of adorableness.. and there is none more adorable than he.
on a similar note, if Aladdin ever comes to Broadway, Adam would be FABULOUS in the title role.

WickedDude
#40re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:13pm

What would you think If Amy Bodner (of the Oklahoma revial) as Jane in Tarzan?

broadwayguy2
#41re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:15pm

not really sure.

Cliche though it may be, I'd rather go for the fabulous Ms Jessica Grove..... that is if she hasn't dazzled the Hairspray creative team and doesn't dance her way into the shoes of Penny Pingleton (where she would be GREAT! -- Hey, I said Les Kritzer should follow Shosh as Shelley.. and she DID!)

WickedDude
#42re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:20pm

While we are on the subject which Disney movie you think will be a sucess on Broadway!

A.Little Mermaid
B.Tarzan
C.Hunchback of Notre Dame
D.Mary Poppins

broadwayguy2
#43re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:22pm

Hunchback woudl be great. The score is wonderful and the stage versionw as a hit in Germany. It was workshopped and rehearsed in NYC before that run, but they aren't keen on bringing it here because they think the ending is too dark for american audiences. Though a live action TV movie based on it is apparently still in the works.

I am interested in seeingw hat comes of the Mary Poppins production coming to london ina few months

ponine24601
#44re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:26pm

i think all of them would be a hit on broadway. i'm interested in seeing what comes out of the mary poppins production as well. i'm sure that it will be a hit because of Laura Michelle Kelly starring in it. Her voice is amazing!

WickedDude
#45re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:27pm

Oh I agree. The ending to Hunchback is too dark. However I am looking foward to "The Little Mermaid." I hope Sutton Foster is Ariel (snice Kerry only did the workshop), I would love to hear her sing Part of your World. I think they could add a song for King Triton. A song that could take place when he thought he scared Ariel away.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#46re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:28pm

my candidates for ursula in the little mermaid:

harriet harris
delta burke
pat carrol (the original voice)....oops
harvey firestein
katy grenfell (original tracy turnblad understudy)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
Updated On: 7/3/04 at 06:28 PM

broadwayguy2
#47re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:28pm

I prfer the ending of the novel and stage version to that of the film actually.

WickedDude
#48re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:32pm

I think Harriet Harris would make a great Ursula! What would you think if Terrance Mann did King Triton (if he's still alive). And how about Sutton Foster of Throughly Mordern Millie as Ariel?

broadwayguy2
#49re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 6:37pm

Terrance Mann shirtless? EEK!
I am not too keen on Harriett as Ursula.... Emily Skinner did teh workshop.. she'd be fab.
Sutton Foster is pretty, but a bit too gawky to be a convincing Arial

Videos