Professor Porter-Tom Bosley

"The Little Mermaid"
Ariel-Sutton Foster
Prince Eric-Matthew Morrison
Ursula-Andrea Martin
King Triton-Sidney Livingstone
Sebastion-Curtiss l'Cook
Grimsby-David Cryer
The role of Flounder might be alternated by two little boys.

Gavin Creel was in "Throughly Modern Millie" Amy Bodner was the final Laurey in the revial of "Oklahoma!". I think they would be great as Tarzan and Jane. As some of you may know Sutton Foster was the Original Millie and Matthew Morrison was in "Hairspray"
I think they would look great as Ariel and Eric

BWayBoy88
#1re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 10:51pm

Actually I think Matthew Morison was Tarzan in the workshops and Kerry Butler was Ariel in the workshops. But good casts

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#2re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 10:56pm

I think Kerry Butler would make a good Ariel. During the "Somewhere that's Green (Reprise)" when she sings "...finally I'll be..." she sounds exactly like Jodi Benson (from the film).

#3re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 10:57pm

I wonder if they would consider Cheyenne Jackson (Radames, of late, in AIDA) for TARZAN? Maybe that's just because i'd pay to see him run around in a loincloth for a couple of hours.

broadwayguy2
#4re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 10:58pm

as would I

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#5re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 11:16pm

Oh my gosh Quibbler... yeah, that's always exactly what I think. Sometimes, I'll be listening to that part of LSOH and then start singing the song from The Little Mermaid because I get lost... lol When I was just in Disney World, we went to see Mickey's PhilharMagic, and that song is sung. I faintly thought the singer was Kerry, because you could tell it was not the movie Ariel, but perhaps that was wishful thinking...

NativeNewYorker
#6re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 11:47pm

"I wonder if they would consider Cheyenne Jackson (Radames, of late, in AIDA) for TARZAN? Maybe that's just because i'd pay to see him run around in a loincloth for a couple of hours."

I would LOVE to see him originate a role! Honestly, sometimes I feel sorry for him for being so attractive because he is SO MUCH MORE than just a pretty face and some might write him off as just another "hot chorus boy"...but anyone who watches him onstage for five minutes knows that!

#7re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 11:52pm

The bane of too much beauty - oh, to be so cursed. Although, I HONESTLY understand what you're saying. My experience tells me, however, that talent will triumph at the end of the day.

broadwayguy2
#8re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 11:55pm

Cheye is PHENOMINAL

NativeNewYorker
#9re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/2/04 at 11:58pm

"Cheye"? Didn't know you were so chummy :)

I LOVED him in Aida...I'm such a big Adam fan, and couldn't really accept Will Chase as Radames since he was so much LIKE Adam, but not Adam...(the only reason I went while he was on is because my mom wanted to see Toni Braxton)

Cheyenne was completely different from Pascal and Chase and just SO SO SO commanding and that voice is amazing.

He'd also make a fun Gaston, I think. I really hope he finds a new project right away.

broadwayguy2
#10re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:05am

he'd be a great Gaston!

#11re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:19am

I'd like to see him do "The King and I" - kind of like the king in Foster's movie ANNA AND THE KING.

NativeNewYorker
#12re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:22am

It's too bad they're only using real teens for the West Side Story revival...I would have loved to have seen him as Tony! Also, if South Pacific or Carousel are revived again, he'd be great as Joe or Billy.

Love how this turned into a Cheyenne Appreciation Thread.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:23am

AHHH! He'd be wonderful as Tony in WSS.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

NativeNewYorker
#14re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:26am

Of course he would!

Exhibit ONE:

re: Re: Disney on Broadway

WickedDude
#15re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:27am

The reason I think Amy Bodnar (Laurey from the Oklahoma revial)would make a good Jane in Tarzan because she seems to have that Victorian feel to her. My second choice for Tarzan might be Adam Pascal. I think Randy Harrison from Wicked and Queer as Folk would make a funny Terk. The reason I think Sutton Foster would make a stunning Ariel is because I would love to hear her sing 'Part of your World." I think they could add a few songs for Mermaid on Broadway. Ariel could have a song of determantion. Even King Triton could sing in the musical. When he thought he scared Ariel away he could sing a sad song of losing a loved one.

luvtheEmcee
#16re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:28am

THANK YOU NativeNewYorker. Emcee likes exhibit one.

broadwayguy2
#17re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:29am

I want ALL exhibts.. especially him as ROCKY in RHS

#18re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:34am

For your pleasure.

http://www.freakymartian.ihelix.net/cheyenne/http://www.freakymartian.ihelix.net/cheyenne/>http://www.freakymartian.ihelix.net/cheyenne/ Updated On: 7/3/04 at 12:34 AM

NativeNewYorker
#19re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:37am

re: Re: Disney on Broadway

broadwayguy2
#20re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:37am

all I hae to say is "THANK YOU JESUS"

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:38am

ha! I've seen that before.

#22re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:41am

I see Cheyenne has done HAIR - where are the pics of him naked?

NativeNewYorker
#23re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:45am

And he has a really beautiful voice and is a very strong actor.

That's the important part :)

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Re: Disney on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/04 at 12:48am

Ah, the voice of reason. She's right, guys.

Videos