pixeltracker

Musicals based on pop songs- Page 2

Musicals based on pop songs

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25re: Musicals based on pop songs
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:30pm

I was waiting for someone to mention that. Cold shower anyone???

AnothaPartofMe
#26re: Musicals based on pop songs
Posted: 7/8/04 at 5:27pm

People-- you are forgetting "Footloose", the show whose score contains Footloose, Let's Hear it for the Boy, The Girl Gets Around, I'm Free, Almost Paradise, Somebody's Eyes, and Holding Out for a Hero, all of which were recorded for the movie by pop/rock artists. And while on the subject, the rest of the score written for this show is lackluster at best (I Can't Stand Still and Learning to Be Silent being standouts).

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

Jon
#27re: Musicals based on pop songs
Posted: 7/8/04 at 9:26pm

for all you "Afternoon Delight" fans - the upcoming movie ANCHORMAN features the song prominetly - performed by Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd and others.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#28re: Musicals based on pop songs
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:54pm

CONTACT has to be one of the most amazing things that I have seen on any stage. I absolutely loved it. I'm a dancer though. Maybe that makes a difference.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#29re: Musicals based on pop songs
Posted: 7/10/04 at 2:20pm

Don't forget COPACABANA!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'm waiting for the MACARTHUR PARK musical....or KUNG-FU FIGHTING.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

AnothaPartofMe
#30re: Musicals based on pop songs
Posted: 7/10/04 at 6:16pm

Actually, Copacabana really was just the story of Tony and Lola extended into a 2 hour sha-bang. It really only had the songs "Copacabana" and "Sweet Heaven" that Barry Manilow actually admits are in his catalogue. He never even would do "Sweet Heaven" until the show became somewhat popular. Copa is actually a really good show, in my opinion. Really good music and book.

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

Videos