News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CATSNYrevival

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jul 23 2024, 03:38:08 PM

Ali would be perfect for Chess. I don’t think he’s Russian but I don’t think anyone would complain if he was cast as Anatoly. I’d love to hear him sing “Anthem.”

Complete CAROUSEL cast recording on its way
 Jul 19 2024, 04:14:39 PM

Why was it revised? It’s not even that different.

SIX writers Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss to write the songs for animated film BAD FAIRIES
 Jul 18 2024, 05:40:18 PM

Haven’t we learned not to put Bad in the title?

JRB Teases
 Jul 17 2024, 03:30:49 PM

Will this sell as well as Ben Platt?

Revised THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE in Japan
 Jul 10 2024, 09:57:02 AM

Seems pretty clear from the interview that they’re performing the revised version that was originally announced for Encores, so yes this will likely be the version that is eventually licensed.

Also the original slavery subplot involved sending the girls to China, not Japan, just to correct the prior “Japanese slavery” comment.

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 03:32:47 PM

Nothing against Ana Gasteyer, but without Harriet Harris this just became a lot less interesting to me.

Scaled-down production of OLIVER!, directed & choreographed by Matthew Bourne, to play Chichester & West End in 2024
 Jul 2 2024, 06:11:19 PM

Musicaldudepeter said: "I don't think we'll see any projections."

Projection design by George Reeve.

Why hasn't The Wizard of Oz appeared more on Broadway?
 Jul 2 2024, 05:18:11 PM

Wait 10ish years when the film will be public domain.

Scaled-down production of OLIVER!, directed & choreographed by Matthew Bourne, to play Chichester & West End in 2024
 Jul 2 2024, 04:01:13 PM

I imagine this will be a lot like Cameron’s newer production of Les Miz with lots of projections but I’m excited to see what this looks like and what his “revisions” will be. I like the artwork. It’s a lot like little Cossette in the Les Miz artwork and it puts the focus of the artwork back on Oliver instead of the Palladium artwork which was focused on Fagin. I can’t believe it’s been 15 years since the last revival in London.

Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway
 Jul 2 2024, 03:52:13 PM

It’s the “for our time” part that’s nauseating. Reminds me of the “Their time, Our time, Ragtime” revival artwork.

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 28 2024, 04:31:35 PM
GottaGetAGimmick420 said: "Now don’t bring Mr Frank Wildhorn’s good name into this!!!"

Jason Howland worked on all(?) of Frank’s Broadway shows. Felt like an appropriate comparison to me. Apologies.

Jun 28 2024, 11:58:59 AM

It's one of my favorite scores of the season, mainly because I like the Wildhorn style power ballads. I agree those songs outshine the more jazzy period numbers. My only complaint is just that they didn't include that brief overture and "Beautiful Little Fool" is barely a song. It's just one phrase repeated over and over. I wish they'd fleshed it out into a full number.

Jun 28 2024, 12:42:03 AM
Did the opening music get cut from the show? They seem to have recorded nearly the entire score, all the songs and all the reprises, but they left out the brief opening Overture “For Her” instrumental music that actually opens the show? You press play and you don’t get to hear the opening notes of the score. Such a strange choice to record everything but that.
Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jun 27 2024, 02:28:22 PM
Broadway Flash said: “Does this have broadway in their sights? It’s looks like it’s gonna be great!

If the first part is still staged outdoors I’m not sure which Broadway theatre if any would allow for that. Unless they ultimately plan to restage it all indoors.

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jun 25 2024, 07:09:05 PM

I really would have enjoyed an album with this cast but if they're not even going to stick around through the summer I guess the money just wasn't there.

BONNIE & CLYDE IN CONCERT starring Jeremy Jordan and Frances Mayli McCann to be made available on VOD streaming
 Jun 25 2024, 05:54:52 PM

Since I saw the first tryout in La Jolla I've felt that it's Frank's best score with a great book to go with it. I was naive to think the critics would agree, but it seemed most of the Broadway critics had their reviews written before they even saw the show. Hopefully this filmed production allows for more people to see the show and form their own opinion of the piece.

Digital copy of Finishing the Hat/Look, I Made a Hat?
 Jun 23 2024, 09:19:26 PM
What did he say about The Frogs that was so harsh?
THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 Jun 21 2024, 05:58:45 PM
It says on Instagram that they’re promo tracks. There’s no ambiguity.
JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
 Jun 21 2024, 03:36:12 PM

A bit of a snooze. The Western Wall was pretty good. Can't say that for the rest of the album. I adore Ben Levi Ross though.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 Jun 21 2024, 02:12:33 PM
They were in the recording studio recently or is it when they were in the studio for the promo tracks they released on social media back in March?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You