Profile for CATSNYrevival

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Feb 22 2024, 07:17:32 PM

Saw the tour last week as part of a subscription package. No celebrities, all unknowns and I thought they were excellent. It's nice to see Chicago in the hands of fresh young talent. Kailin Brown, Katie Friedeni and Ed Gotthelf as Fred Casely were the standouts for me. I know it's non-equity though and I hope the actors are being fairly compensated for their talent. I'd venture to guess this cast might actually be a bit more fun to see than the current Broadway

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE to announce closing date soon  Feb 21 2024, 08:23:07 PM
Will Phantom take the Broadhurst?
Donny Osmond returning to JOSEPH  Feb 21 2024, 03:20:57 PM
Were people this critical when Jason Donovan played Pharaoh in the same production at the Palladium?
Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 17 2024, 01:45:21 PM
Didn’t get to see it but I love the album. I don’t understand why anyone would complain about Oklahoma being made dark in this production. Oklahoma has always been dark. Look up the history of western expansion. The show ends with a makeshift murder trial of the supposed protagonist. Just because the music is happy doesn’t negate the events prior.
Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 14 2024, 06:41:31 PM

Is it likely that the soundtrack will also be released in two parts? We won't get to hear the act two songs until part 2 of the film is released along with the part 2 soundtrack?

Barnum has a pro shot?!  Feb 12 2024, 01:20:00 PM

Jarethan said: "No, it started because of COVID. Pre-COVID, you did not have movies playing in theatres and on streaming at the same time. That started with COVID. I THINK Disney was the first to do it with Mulan."

There seem to be examples of simultaneous release prior to Covid and even during Covid, Mulan wasn't the first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simultaneous_release

Duet Musical Numbers that have a gay guy and straight girl well any girl. (We’re both NOT poc)  Feb 11 2024, 10:28:34 PM

Best Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDDad5MrWsc

Broadway Replacement Flop Era?  Feb 10 2024, 07:35:55 PM
The hate for Aaron and Sutton is largely based on a few short clips. The full audio is much better and they will improve as they work out the kinks and settle into the roles. I think I even prefer their pairing over Josh and Annaleigh.
Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 01:12:32 PM

nasty_khakis said: "This. I was there and she wasn't perfect and isn't reinventing Lovett but she was very good and VERY funny and will be great once it's in her body more. I'm fine with not liking how Worst Pies is placed, but people seem to think she personally closed Beetlejuice or something and I don't get it."

I was going to ask why they hate her. Is it actually just because Beetlejuice had to close to make way for The Music Man and she was i

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 04:25:44 AM
Sutton’s accent sounds better to my ears than Annaleigh. I think she sounds fine I’m just not crazy about the placement. I’m not an expert by any means, but I think it’s the switch to head voice that isn’t working for me, and I kind of want to hear what it would sound like if she sang it like Sutton Foster and not so much of the Angela Lansbury head voice. Aaron is at least singing the score how Aaron would, jumping up the octave. That’s exciting to me.
Equity / Non-Equity tour prices  Feb 5 2024, 11:24:49 PM

I would like to see some sort of distinction or separation in the season announcements. I don't think it's right to include non-Equity tours as part of a "Broadway" season presenting other equity tours. The local presenter in my area often includes what they call extra season events in addition to the main season, and I wish they would at least organize it so only equity tours are part of the main season and non-equity tours are presented as extra season events. That's w

Naked Boys Singing has closed  Feb 2 2024, 08:13:04 PM

jimmycurry01 said: "I've seen the filmed version. It is definitely a snoozer once the novelty wears off. I can't say I'm surprised."

This revival was at least a shortened version that ran as one act and cut a few songs so it was shorter than the filmed version. I mean the run time was shorter. Ahem.

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Jan 27 2024, 11:10:17 PM
I didn’t hate Glinda singing “He’s the Wiz” but it seemed half baked. We know who Glinda is through other media but she kind of just walked out, sang the song and left. She should have more dialogue in the scene to establish her character. Even by the end of the show with her additional scene in act two Glinda was the most under developed character.
Can we get Jonathan Bailey to NY?  Jan 15 2024, 02:23:22 PM
I’m bummed there’s no cast album or pro shot of his Last Five Years with Samatha Barks. It’s not one of my favorite shows but I like what I’ve heard of his work on the songs.
The Next Great Broadway Memoir?  Jan 2 2024, 04:32:13 PM
ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Marc Shaiman said he is working on one and that there is MUCH to be told about the experience working on SOME LIKE IT HOT (which I have heard was a little bumpier than some other shows due to a lead producer that is usually only a landlord)."

I’ll be much more interested to read the chapters about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway.

What exactly is Jo the musical?  Dec 19 2023, 02:29:18 PM

What's the point of this? You can't outdo Sutton Foster belting her face off singing "Astonishing" or Maureen McGovern's "Days of Plenty." Find another book that's out of copyright.

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES releases original cast album on 12/15  Dec 18 2023, 03:57:12 AM
It’s an odd listen out of context. I won’t be able to see the show but I plan to watch the film to see if that helps make sense of some of these songs.
DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES releases original cast album on 12/15  Dec 15 2023, 10:08:03 AM
Surprise cast album drops are my favorite.
STEPHEN SONDHEIM’S OLD FRIENDS recording…  Dec 14 2023, 03:14:49 AM
I loved hearing Petula Clark sing “I’m Still Here.”
Most Prominent Off-Broadway Musical  Dec 12 2023, 03:13:29 AM
chrishuyen said: "I think part of the original question was also how "big" a show could get without reaching Broadway because someone did mention that usually the Tonys are an indicator that people look at for which shows are "good" (by all means not the sole indicator, but it can't be denied that people do use that as their benchmark). I think Fantasticks is definitely the most significant show in terms of its run and influence and how many people know about it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You