News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CATSNYrevival

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 5 2024, 09:35:48 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "CATSNYrevival said: "It’s a shame they felt the need to rewrite it again. I thought the tour version finally got it just right."

Did it change much for the tour? I only saw the A.R.T. and Broadway versions, which were both unremarkable and overblown.
"

I just remember the opening being streamlined. There was a new opening number, they added "My Imagination" and cut "The Pirates of Kensin

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 5 2024, 08:35:25 PM
It’s a shame they felt the need to rewrite it again. I thought the tour version finally got it just right.
What's next for the Longacre?  May 4 2024, 05:28:20 PM
That post is from 2019.
GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 3 2024, 05:22:35 PM
Mel Brooks for the win.
Somewhat Baffling High Note Trends  May 1 2024, 10:39:17 AM
How do you have this conversation without mentioning Jekyll & Hyde?
GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Apr 30 2024, 03:08:33 AM
It would be a pretty short album if it was just the songs.
2024 Cast Albums ?  Apr 29 2024, 11:37:57 AM

thirtythirtyninety said: "It’s very unclear whether these sessions are just for promo tracks or for the cast album"

It's very clear. Their instagram account says they were recording promo tracks and Tommy doesn't sing "Pinball Wizard" except for the reprise and they weren't recording the reprise.

2024 Cast Albums ?  Apr 29 2024, 10:27:50 AM

dramamama611 said: "Reports of Tommy being in the recording studio have been released."

Recording a cast album or recording the promo tracks?

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 28 2024, 05:38:18 PM
I was thinking actual trunk songs we haven’t heard before not cut songs that have been used in Marry Me a Little or other revues or concerts.
HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 27 2024, 02:44:18 PM
It wouldn’t be too surprising if some director someday tried to throw in a few reprises and a trunk song or two but I imagine it would be very difficult to find lyrics to match up with the book scenes.
THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Apr 26 2024, 10:50:55 PM
That’s perfect. Thanks for the link.
THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Apr 26 2024, 08:18:40 PM

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but can anyone comment on the book scenes in the musical? Has the book writer made any changes to the way Noah gets Allie to agree to go out with him and how they argue all the time like they do in the film?

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 26 2024, 02:45:20 PM

Why is it "unfinished" just because there are fewer songs in the second act? Plenty of musicals have unconventional structures and plenty of musicals have fewer songs in the second act than the first. The NYT article made it seem as though Sondheim was on board with the singing ending at that point in the second act where the characters are in the room.

THE WIZ 2024 Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Apr 26 2024, 01:36:36 PM

An album will probably play better than the show does when you just get the songs and the vocal performances divorced from the book and projections.

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 26 2024, 01:01:09 AM
The Exit Music downloads for digital pre-order on 4/26. The “leak” is because other countries in time zones ahead get it first.
Des McAnuff will direct Cash bio-musical, THE BALLAD OF JOHNNY AND JUNE, at La Jolla (May-July 2024)  Apr 25 2024, 07:53:10 PM

FLarnhill said: "Stupid idea. Reese Witherspoon literally won an Oscar for her performance as June. Nobody can ever top what she did."

She eats snow.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Apr 24 2024, 12:59:51 PM
Cast albums for this season are still being announced so it’s not too late. About the promo tracks. It’s not unusual for shows to record promo tracks but why would they do that if they plan to record a cast album in the coming days or weeks? Doesn’t make sense to me.
The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 19 2024, 11:46:22 PM
jkcohen626 said: "I can't figure out if this is sarcasm or not. But, I will say that John Cardoza is not a hairy person, which I remeber chuckling at when that lyric came up in the show."

Not sarcasm. I concur with your assessment.

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 08:02:37 PM

Why is this being produced "By special arrangement with Cameron Mackintosh?" How is he involved beyond producing the original London production?

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 19 2024, 07:25:41 PM

I like that they sing a love song about Noah's chest hair. Delightful.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You