News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CATSNYrevival

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SUNSET BOULEVARD 2024 West End Cast Recording Thread
 Oct 26 2024, 12:18:15 PM

I agree this is one of the best live cast albums in terms of the audio quality. There's very little (if any) stage noise but it helps there's no props and in some cases no shoes in this production to make noise that would get picked up by the microphones. I will say to my ear the orchestra sounds a little confined at times. I don't hear the reverb that should be present if they added microphones in the house. Maybe a tiny bit of artificial reverb would have helped f

Oct 25 2024, 02:48:45 PM

Did they cut the scene where Norma gives Joe the cigarette case that says “mad about the boy?” I missed the scene on the album but she still sings “mad about the boy” at the end during her breakdown.

Oct 24 2024, 08:04:22 PM
Thank you.
 Oct 24 2024, 05:54:04 PM

CreatureKitchen said: "If this is anything like his Evita at Regent’s Park, that means we’ll get another Jamie Lloyd show where the male lead ends the show in his underwear and covered in liquid."

More of this please.

Musical songs that are good to dance or exercise to
 Oct 24 2024, 05:22:35 PM

Pumping Iron from Starlight Express obviously.

Oct 24 2024, 05:12:50 PM

What in the world is going on in track 17? The scene that replaces “The Lady’s Paying.” Why are they both delivering the dialogue so slow and muted? What’s happening on stage at that point?

Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
 Oct 16 2024, 10:01:41 AM

2025 would coincide with the anniversary of the film and the opening of the Broadway production, but the actual 50th anniversary of the stage production of Rocky Horror was in 2023. I’m not aware of anyone who considers the opening of the Broadway production to be the show’s anniversary year. If they tried to market a Broadway revival as the 50th anniversary production it would be a little disingenuous.

A timeless classic, retold
 Oct 13 2024, 01:04:33 PM

Do these people get paid? Why can’t I get paid to shill?

Stage adaptation of Jerry Herman’s MRS. SANTA CLAUS to premiere at Goodspeed in 2025!
 Oct 10 2024, 07:58:24 PM

I’m also curious how they’ll bloat the score for a two and a half hour show and what songs they’ll add. Is there a trunk of unheard Jerry Herman gems? Aside from a handful of songs in the original score it seemed like the rest were trunk songs anyway.

MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING musical, featuring Burt Bacharach catalogue songs
 Oct 8 2024, 12:42:03 AM

Not sure how I feel about the title song from “Promises, Promises” being used in this. I think I would personally find it pretty distracting, more so than other songs from that score if they were recycled for this show.

Your Favorite
 Oct 4 2024, 03:25:37 AM

A Room With A View

Your Favorite "Lost" Musicals?
 Oct 3 2024, 10:50:57 AM

Prometheus Bound.

STARLIGHT EXPRESS will return to London in 2024
 Sep 27 2024, 06:20:46 PM

MerchMan said: "The costume are basically the Six queens on roller skates! Rather embarrassing! And why did Six win best costumes for just six outfits is beyond me!!!"

If I remember correctly, there's at least seven outfits in Six. And the costumes in Six looked somewhat inspired by the original Starlight Express costumes anyway so to have the same designer turn around and design a Starlight Express revival is kind of expected and a little uninspired.

Sep 27 2024, 04:26:05 PM

I just can't wrap my head around this highlights album. This was a chance to finally record the complete score in English, at least as it exists today, but they didn't do it. And the 21 tracks they did record are only available on vinyl and digital? The CD is 16 tracks for no real reason. The 21 track digital and vinyl release is only an hour and five minutes of music. That would easily fit on one CD. If the end goal was to only offer a highlights CD so they wouldn'

Sep 26 2024, 12:47:59 PM

An album of highlights and another album of fewer highlights? Outrageous.

Christopher Ashley Will Take Over as Roundabout Theatre Company Artistic Director
 Sep 25 2024, 02:37:01 PM

I loved his work on Diana.

Pittsburgh CLO will reduce programming from 6 shows to 3 (including one tour), due to financial constraints
 Sep 13 2024, 02:17:50 PM

Any chance Camelot will be the Aaron Sorkin book? I'm curious if his book will ever be licensed.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Sep 9 2024, 12:35:14 PM

It’s giving Chicago.

Kenny Ortega and Disney+ developing PHANTOM OF THE OPERA reimagining
 Sep 6 2024, 02:48:24 PM

Didn't Disney already try this with Phantom of the Megaplex?

Revised Jane Eyre in Cleveland
 Sep 4 2024, 03:59:03 PM

Did anyone catch the Theatre Raleigh stream of Jane Eyre? I assume it was the revised version they performed as it had the opening from the Toronto cast album and it was missing "Perfectly Nice," "The Finer Things," "Farewell, Good Angel" and a few other bits. Still enjoyable though and the young girl playing young Jane and Adele was excellent. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You