pixeltracker

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN- Page 2

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#25re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:42pm

Russians kill off a smelly village filled with people who talk to the sky and get carried away about a sewing machine? COUNT ME OUT!

J. Profile Photo
J.
#26re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:42pm

No SIDE SHOW dissing! It didn't attract people but it had some awsome tunes in it.

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#27re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:44pm

alright, we've got a transvestite from another planet with a really creepy servant whose goal is to create the perfect man? gotta be nuts.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#28re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:45pm

just heard they're writing a musical all about who will win a game of craps in a sewer...HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#29re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:46pm

What about a story that has two fathers that are pretending to have a fight, so that their son and daughter can hook up? That would never fly.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

sean martin
#30re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:47pm

"The Declaration of Independence? Guys, reality cheque, okay? Snoozer!"

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

starlyricist
#31re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:48pm

personally, the chubby girl who thinks she can integrate the blacks and whites AND dance on her favorite show when there are people WAY more hotter than her? HA. will NEVER work.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#32re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:48pm

Starlyicist, that sounds like it could become a cult classic. I would probably see it on stage around, oh, say 70 times. I *might* even see the movie (if they made one) somewhere around 3000 times.
Crazy, huh??

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

starlyricist
#33re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:49pm

absolutely MAD Matt. no way.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#34re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:51pm

A bunch of puppets singing how awful it is to be them?

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#35re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:53pm

A musical based on the Gospel According to St. Matthew???? Nah

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

SammyGal
#36re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:54pm

How about a strange show about Berlin night life in the early 30's with German prostitutes etc. singing!
Maybe they could make a movie out of it and have Liza Minelli in it...

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 02:54 PM

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#37re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:55pm

Since when does the Wicked Witch of the West have a conscience? Or a name? WHAT IS BROADWAY THINKING?!?!?!?

Plum
#38re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:55pm

Wait- so the kid with the bar mitzvah has a newly-outed gay dad? And his mom got together with the father's psychiatrist? And the catering is by the lesbians from next door?

That sucks. Next!

(And I'm honored to have at least partly inspired this thread. What fun!) Updated On: 7/8/04 at 02:55 PM

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#39re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:56pm

may be they could also get Joel Grey as well SammyGal!

starlyricist
#40re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:57pm

okay, how 'bout the guy with the brothers that are jealous of him and his REALLY gay-lookin' coat? i'm supposed to be entertained by somethign like that?

SammyGal
#41re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:58pm

oh mominator that sounds horrendous!! I don't know who'd remember that movie! psh!

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#42re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:00pm

Well forget about making a musical about two murdering women and a lawyer who knows how to use the media, that would never fly...

And the story of a boy who can fly and doesn't want to grow up?

What about that crazy musical about a father and his three daughters who each get married off. Violinist something?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

SammyGal
#43re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:01pm

I was thinking a show where we relive why people killed Presidents and have them explain their side. Wouldn't it be funny if Sondheim contributed?
It'd be a hooT!

sean martin
#44re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:01pm

"Okay, Dick, Oscar, we gotta talk, see? I know, I know, you lucked out with that Oklahoma thing, but this... a girl and her wife-beating husband who commits suicide? Look, guys, I know you want to be different and all that, but show me something else, okay?"

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

starlyricist
#45re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:02pm

personally, the thought of 5 hairy, ugly, old and fat guys stripping b/c they don't have anything better to do than collect unemployment? um, not exactly chippendales!

Plum
#46re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:05pm

Okay, get this: It's a musical about the Westernization of Japan- from the Japanese point of view! What kind of a weirdo would write that junk?

starlyricist
#47re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:06pm

probably the same freak that thought we'd be interested in a story with a hod-podge of fairy tale characters.

Updated On: 7/8/04 at 03:06 PM

sean martin
#48re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:08pm

"A musical about TRAINS???

(Damn this is fun.)

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#49re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:09pm

What about a show where a nun goes to look after a bunch of bratty kids and ends up falling in love with the widowed father?

Crazy!

Almost as crazy as the time someone told me about some musical about this unfaithful writer who is writing a screenplay about a detective solving a lost and found case.

Or worse - the story of a couple from newlyweds to their twilight years!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Videos