pixeltracker

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#0more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:07pm

ok, PLUM brought up something smart on that SPIDERMAN thread

a musical about a murderous barber...what a terrible idea for a musical!

I would add...a show about the incredibly cranky and bitter old bag mother of a stripper

WHAT A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!

it all in the telling....

anyone have any other ideas from the retched past? Updated On: 7/8/04 at 02:07 PM

Marc Shaiman
#1re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:09pm

eechhh...after not one but THREE movie versions (plus a TV MOVIE!! BLECHH!!!) I hear they are writing a musical about a deformed guy who kills a lot of innocent people cause someone didn't like his lousy songs Updated On: 7/8/04 at 02:09 PM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#2re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:09pm

How about dancing and singing farmers from nowhere hickville. And on top of that, they will not have the glitz and glamour of the usual musical that everyone adores. How absurd.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#3re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:10pm

A musical about marathon dancers...oh wait - turns out that WAS a terrible idea.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 02:10 PM

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#4re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:10pm

A Musical about Siamese Twins and a bunch of Freaks??? Never !!!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

KatePrinceton
#5re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:11pm

Poor people and student revolutions in France? Bah!

A white girl and Puerto Rican boy falling in love? Whatever!

A young girl on a Greek island who doesn't know who her father is and set to the music of Abba? Oh wait...

Oh My Goodness Marc, I love your userpic.

Marc Shaiman
#6re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:12pm

hey, let's stick to the undeniable classics, or else this thread will go under fast!

Marc Shaiman
#7re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:13pm

and spi, that hick musical is based on some book....why can't they think of ORIGNAL ideas?!?!

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#8re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:14pm

How about a family of nine climbing through the Alps to escape the Nazis?
B

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#9re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

I know I made that comment about the movies turning into musicals.......I have seen the error of my ways. And what is this about a book? People actually read?

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#10re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

Stoopid cartoons, a musical based on a red headed lil' gimp of an orphan and her mangy dog too!

Nevah gonna happen!

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.

Marc Shaiman
#11re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:15pm

Mom, that's sounds like the end of musical theatre as we know it...God save us if it ever hits the boards!!

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#12re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:16pm

Amen Marc!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#13re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:20pm

How about a show with a bunch of flea infested cats in heat howling at the moon and rooting through trash cans

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#14re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:24pm

Don't get me started on crazy ideas like a bald guy playin' the King of Siam, crazy man, solid crazy!

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#15re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:26pm

a musical about a political diva who wants to help the poor in her country

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#16re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:27pm

how about a whackado who thinks she sees a hairy beast and talks to singing pots and pans?

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#17re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:28pm

That crazy beeyatch needs to be commited!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

sean martin
#18re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:28pm

A musical about a painting??? Something that just hangs there on the wall???? What's up with that???

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#19re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:29pm

Or how about a bunch a wannabe broadway dancers sharing their life stories to a director just so they can be in the background of a hit musical.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#20re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:30pm

who'd want to see a show about people standing in a line telling some of their most intimate stories about love and theatre???

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#21re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:36pm

How about two guys who want to make the big bucks by over selling shares in their musical?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#22re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:38pm

As long as there is never a musical about people who have to pay to urinate. That would end theatre as we know it.

SammyGal
#23re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:40pm

Or a musical about people with no money living in NYC and some have AIDS? Who'd wanna watch?!

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

sean martin
#24re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 2:40pm

"Okay, let's see if I have this straight: This black chick blows into town, kills someone, hooks up with a few other outsiders, and the whole gang goes on a killing spree after being 'hired' by the ruler of the country? Sorry, can't see it. Pass!"

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

Videos