pixeltracker

NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)- Page 2

NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)

MargoChanning
#25re: NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)
Posted: 8/30/04 at 3:59pm

Thanks for the info.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

NativeNewYorker
#26re: NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)
Posted: 8/30/04 at 5:26pm

"I'm also seeing Altar Boyz so I can finally hear Cheyenne perform in something! :)"

Me too!

come on, this picture alone is hysterical...I can't even imagine how funny the show is!

re: NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)

temms Profile Photo
temms
#27re: NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)
Posted: 8/30/04 at 5:40pm

Euan Morton is playing the role of Caligula in the show, but "Caesar" is the title of the man who rules Rome. So he's playing Caesar Caligula.

The show will not be as long as it was at the Zipper Theatre back in May - that was the first full-out public reading (there have been other smaller-scale ones); it was the "let's see what we have" version of the show and you're right, it was entirely too long and uninolving in spots. At the very least, it will be shorter. The Zipper concerts were really the "First Preview" version of the show, knowing that when you're trying to launch a show at this level you usually don't get the luxury of a lot of previews. We learned a lot, and it was great to get such wildly varying audience response (it was really all over the map - from "This needs to move RIGHT NOW!" to "You all deserve to be shot.")

And to continue to shill, you can hear some of the score at caligulathemusical.com.

Other shows that I'm looking forward to are "Meet John Doe" by Andrew Gerle and Eddie Sugarman and "A Hundred Years Into The Heart", with music by Jeff Lodin (can't remember the other writers off the top of my head.) I know both composers' work and they are incredibly talented - I have high hopes for both of those pieces.
Caligula website Updated On: 8/30/04 at 05:40 PM

afa_composerboy
#28re: NYMF (now that Fringe is over!)
Posted: 8/30/04 at 5:41pm

but I'm a cheerleader was originally supposed to be in it but ..well..due to lack of funding...and other things..they chose to not do the festival. *sniff sniff*

Videos