Rent!

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#25re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 12:27am

Yeah I spent 2 or 3 weeks cramming RENT into my head and now anyone who mentions it will be treated to an hour long rant about everything that has to do with that show. :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

rice and beans AND cheese
#26re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 12:28am

Same, bsobw2.

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood

#27re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 12:49am

I wish I had more time to cram rent into my head! Well, I get most of my info from LaeloftheLakes, and let me tell you, she knows tons.

Dreamcatcher
#28re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 12:58am

Haha yeah its fun though you lose alot of sleep the first couple weeks. :-P Perhaps its not healthy that I love RENT and Adam and Anthony so much but hey, the way I see it, I have a few more years of teenage-hood left before I have to grow up and start being super serious. Might as well spend it obsessing over RENT! re: Rent Sites?

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#29re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:03am

I agree! Plus: Anthony and Adam ROCK!!!!!!

Dreamcatcher
#30re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:05am

Yeah seriously! *cheers* Sorry for anyone who disagrees but they are THE one and only Mark and Roger for me.

#31re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:07am

I can not agree more! NO ONE can replace them!

Dreamcatcher
#32re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:09am

*breaks into cheers* I wish I was old enough to see RENT when it was onstage with the OBC (I was only 5 or 6 at the time when it first came out in 1996) but hopefully they will all come back for a reunion on stage or something. re: Rent Sites? And if nothing else there is the movie!

erinrebecca
#33re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 7:13am

Okay, guys, it's great that you love Rent but considering that it sounds like you've been familiar with the show for such a short time, please don't make comments about how no one can replace the OBC. Hundreds of actors have played those roles over the years, many for a lot longer than the OBC played them, and some who have been better in the roles. The OBC has a special place because they originated the roles, but that does not necessarily mean that they were the best in those roles and can never be replaced. Those of us who have been around since then and who have seen many, many people play those roles can assure you of that.

#34re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 12:21pm

Sorry. It just feels that way.

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#35re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 1:36pm

I know just how you feel. Sorry, I was at class...a LOT. Stupid opera. But at least we get to study La Boheme. YAY!

PS: Are the teenagers you're talking about my sister and her friends? *dies laughing*

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

#36re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 2:18pm

Yes. Well, and Veronica. How did you know???

LaeloftheLakes
#37re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 2:19pm

Because they're the only ones that we both know that hate Rent and broadway...and they bother me too!

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---

#38re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 2:59pm

Well, yeah......

#39re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 3:03pm

Maybe I should make a post just to talk about rent, instead of having it be "Rent Sites?" Someone start just a plain old rent post!

LaeloftheLakes
#40re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 4:44pm

Not really necessary...you can post whatever you want here. Threadjacking isn't a crime, after all. And it's your thread! Make it a just plain Rent thread if you want. All you have to do is change the title of your first post.

---
---

#41re: Rent Sites?
Posted: 2/2/05 at 5:26pm

Lael, how long did it take you to memorize the whole Rent CAST RECORDING? Took me about 3 days. (including the 20 min. extra just for Mark in La Vie Boheme. It is fun to have that part memorized!)

Updated On: 2/2/05 at 05:26 PM

LaeloftheLakes
#42Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 6:28pm

Um...I suppose it took me a couple days, just because I was working around class and all that. You know I'm crazy that way. :p

PS: Don't call it a soundtrack, or the hardcore people here will have a fit. *rolls eyes* "It's a CAST RECORDING!"

---
---

#43Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 7:13pm

There! I changed it! Are you happy now? To the hardcore people: It never happened......

Dreamcatcher
#44Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 7:58pm

Took me about a week to memorize the song lyrics just by playing them over and over and over again. :-P

#45Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 9:07pm

I memorized whatever I listen to(even if I don't like the song).

TheWickedAvenueQRENTFan89 Profile Photo
TheWickedAvenueQRENTFan89
#46Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 9:25pm

Here's my personal favorite Anthony Site (I'm a BIG Mark fan, Anthony and Matt espeically)-http://www26.brinkster.com/rapp43/g/rent.html

Hope that helps! :o]

"In our desensitized society, the artists, the bohemians, poor, discarded, 'others,' recovering addicts - all are more in touch with their human-ness than the so called mainstream. Despite everything - humaness, love, life, art survives." --Jonathan Larson

LaeloftheLakes
#47Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 9:41pm

Yeah, I posted that on the first page. It's my favorite Anthony site, too.

RABAC: Yes, very happy. Good girl! *pats*

---
---

Dreamcatcher
#48Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 9:49pm

Such a great site! Oh and TheWickedAvenueQRENTFan89, I love your icon! :-P Adorable pic.

TheWickedAvenueQRENTFan89 Profile Photo
TheWickedAvenueQRENTFan89
#49Rent!
Posted: 2/2/05 at 10:13pm

Haha, thanks!

"In our desensitized society, the artists, the bohemians, poor, discarded, 'others,' recovering addicts - all are more in touch with their human-ness than the so called mainstream. Despite everything - humaness, love, life, art survives." --Jonathan Larson

Videos