News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Revival Demand

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#25re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:49pm

I'm sorry but Les Miz is a show...the Pope is a person. I don't see how a person can run it's course. I think the passing of an important religious icon holds a little more importance than the closing of a show that can be brought back in 20 years. Not now...it's too soon...and it was it's time to close.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#26re: Revival Demand

Thoroughly Modern Millie should never be revived. EVER.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#27re: Revival Demand

revival of sweet charity

Gothampc
#28re: Revival Demand

NO!!! to Peters in Hello Dolly. We needs someone more appropriate for the role. I'm taking Bette Midler hostage and one of my demands will be that she do a production of it. (She can rest when she's dead).

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#29re: Revival Demand

I agree with Munk. "Millie" was an OK show...not a classic by any means. It ran it's course and I don't think it should be brought back.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#30re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:51pm

Goth, PLEASE don't make my dear Bette do DOLLY. Besides, as long as Channing still has an oxygen tank handy, she'll never let anyone go on in that role besides herself.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

#31re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:53pm

po[ebiopjksdflksdlkf sdlfsoijlkjdlk fsdklflksdajflksdjflksdjflksjdlkfjsdlkjsdkjfslkdjf dz
fsdklflksdajflksdjflksdjflksjdlkfjsdlkjsdkjfslkdjf dzfsdklflksdajflksdjflksdjflksjdlkfjsdlkjsdkjfslkdjf dzvfsdklflksdajflksdjflksdjflksjdlkfjsdlkjsdkjfslkdjf dzfsdklflksdajflksdjflksdjflksjdlkfjsdlkjsdkjfslkdjf dzvfsdklflksdajflksdjflksdjflksjdlkfjsdlkjsdkjfslkdjf dz

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#32re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:55pm

I'm sorry but Les Miz is a show...the Pope is a person. I don't see how a person can run it's course.

He died, didn't he? I think that is pretty much "running your course."

I think the passing of an important religious icon holds a little more importance than the closing of a show that can be brought back in 20 years.

If he is an important religious icon he will rise again.

Not now...it's too soon...and it was it's time to close.

And it was his time...

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#33re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:57pm

I loved Millie. And I would love to do it.

Of course I'd rather see a show written for Peters over a revival, but she'd be an amazing Dolly.

Also, its about time for Secret Garden to be revived!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Gothampc
#34re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:58pm

How about a Broadway production of 3 Guys Naked From The Waist Down. It would be a cheap show to run. They could get 3 stars to do it.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

munkustrap178
#35re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:02am

Starring Neil Patrick Harris, Joe Machota, and Cheyenne Jackson. They can all really be naked from the waist down.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#36re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:02am

Shows that desperately need a good revival -

ANYTHING GOES
CAMELOT
COMPANY
DREAMGIRLS
EVITA
FUNNY GIRL
GRAND HOTEL
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
MY FAIR LADY
SOUTH PACIFIC
WEST SIDE STORY

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#37re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:04am

Well, Camelot is opening in CA

With Melissa Errico!

munkustrap178
#38re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:05am

Anything Goes? I wouldn't sad DESPERATELY, it wasn't THAT long ago...

COMPANY was like 9 years ago, and that was a pretty good production!

KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN? Too soon.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#39re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:06am

ANYTHING GOES!!! YES!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Chrysanthemum62001
#40re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:07am

I don't know if you are serious or not, but I would love love love to see a Broadway production of 3 Guys Naked from the Waist Down. Don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon though! I don't even think it's possible for that to be a Broadway show. But Raul Esparza MUST be in this show if it is ever revived.

So for real, I want to see Sunday in the Park with George revived.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Gothampc
#41re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:07am

I'd also like to see a really top notch production of 3 Penny Opera. Not with skanks like Alan Cummings but with really talented people. Maybe Patti LuPone as Mrs. Peachum and Jonathan Pryce as Mr. Peachum.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#42re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:08am

Alan Cumming is talented...

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#43re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:09am

Goth, I'm just thankful we're getting a revival at all. I've always wanted to see that show live and I can't wait!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#44re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:11am

I'd love for "Sunday in the Park With George" to be revived. And "Evita".

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#45re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:13am

"Blood Brothers" was only ten years ago and if I heard the Marilyn Monroe song one more time I think that I wold run screaming from the theatre. "Blood Brothers" needs to now rest in the same place where Marilyn Monroe is resting.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Gothampc
#46re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:14am

"Alan Cumming is talented..."

Well when is he going to show it?

"I've always wanted to see that show live and I can't wait!"

It's a really incredible show IF IT'S DONE RIGHT. Very dark and scary. I'm afraid with AC in the lead it might end up as camp which will kill it.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#47re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:17am

...Cabaret, for one...

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#48re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:20am

I'm calling it now. The "Sweeney Todd" revival is going to book the Belasco when Julius Caesar ends it's run. If this production is as scaled down as its London counterpart...the Belasco is the ideal venue. So dark and gothic with all of that stained glass...it will be chilling!

Gothampc
#49re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:21am

"...Cabaret, for one... "

What you saw in Cabaret was not talent, but director's choices. If he's so talented, how come Roundabout is the only one that will cast him?

Videos