Sweet Charity playbills

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#25re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 3:05pm

Hmmm...much as I hate to say it....perhaps they are waiting to see how long the show is going to stick around before they print color playbills...

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#26re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 3:06pm

I still don't understand why it's weird for playbill to be selling the black and white playbills....

I saw the show last night - they are black and white, what else are they supposed to sell?

And quite honestly, would you expect anything else from the Weisslers?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#27re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 5:32pm

I have to agree with Princeton here, I am sure the producers were not willing to shell out anymore money for playbills until they were damn sure the show was even going to play in NY!

As much as I dislike some of the tactics the Weisslers take, I can't say I blame them for this one.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#28re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 5:57pm

Even if the show gets raves - which it won't - they're never going to print color playbills. They're pinching pennies as it is.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#29re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 6:06pm

it's sort of weird to me that the Broadway playbills are often b&w. I've never been to NY so I've only seen national tours and have never once had a b&w playbill...

Videos