Sweet Charity playbills

Yankeefan007
#0Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 3:49pm

I got a black and white one at the theater with a silhoutte of Charity...playbill.com has one with christina's face (the original). which one are they using?

ItsCalledHistory
#1re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 3:59pm

The one Playbill.com shows is the one they're using as their opening night playbill -- and the one, I suspect they use until Christina leaves (or the show closes, whichever comes first.)

Since Charlotte started the run here on Broadway, they went with the silhoutte you speak of. Because it costs money to change the cover, I assume the producers just waited until the next printing to change the cover.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 4:18pm

I'm seeing it for the third time on Saturday May 7th. Hopefully I will get the color playbill with Christina's face this time!

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#3re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 4:22pm

I saw it on the 30th with Christina and got the Playbill with
Christina's face in Black and White.

#4re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 4:24pm

Wow I've seen the b&W of Charity bowing her head and the color one of Christina's face but you received one in B&W of Christina's face?

Updated On: 5/3/05 at 04:24 PM

ItsCalledHistory
#5re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 5:03pm

I could be mistaken, but I think for Broadway, the new (second cover) is Christina's face in Black and White....

While on tour, the show had a color playbill of Christina's face.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 5:16pm

I wanna see... can someone scan the silhoutte one?

timote316
#7re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 5:18pm

I'm with Cats, I want to see the new/old one too! I have the Christina one from the Boston run, I want to see this one.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#8re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 5:46pm

I'm going again tonight, I hope they're in color.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#9re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 6:47pm

I have the color/ christina face one.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

rent1988
#10re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 7:52pm

same here...i have the color one with christinas face from the boston run

life is PANDEMONIUM.

BeautifullyTragic Profile Photo
BeautifullyTragic
#11re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 8:26pm

Here is the playbill in black and white...i went 2 days ago.

re: Sweet Charity playbills

#12re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 8:42pm

Great Scan. What kind of machine do you have?

Yankeefan007
#13re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 8:52pm

Playbills I Have:
Christina's Head (in color from tryouts)
B&W Charity Bowing Head (from early previews)

are they both collector's items?

RentBoy86
#14re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 9:05pm

She's so hot...and talented...

timote316
#15re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 9:29pm

Yankee--
I'd doubt either would be too big of collector's items. The tryouts one would have been collector's items if the show were cancelled before Christina took over. The silhouette one is likely the design they were going to use after Christina left, so it won't be too special. Too bad, too, I have the tryout one, I'd have loved for it to be special.

Anyone have the silhouette one they could scan?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#16re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 10:42pm

In Boston, I got full color of Christina's face...at her actual first performance on Bway..i got the black and white silouette.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

#17re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 11:05pm

It seems if they are going to keep the face in B&W, then the face in color for out-of-town is the collectors. Who knows.

That's exactly what it sounds like madamex(look at post below)
Updated On: 5/3/05 at 11:05 PM

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#18re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/3/05 at 11:20pm

Tonight was B&W Christina w/ "Opening Night: May 4, 2005" written inside. Looks like they'll be going B&W from the beginning. How weird. I guess they spent all their $ reviving the show again and didn't have any $ for the color playbills. Lame.

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."

NBC
#19re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 10:28am

Here's a link to an ebay auction for one of the silhouette playbills...I have to admit the accompanying color photo is very nice.
Sweet Charity auction

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#20re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 11:00am

I got the silouette one the first night Christina was on....

dry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
#21re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 11:19am

I think it's interesting that the Playbills from the first week of NY previews said "Charlotte d'Ambiose in Sweet Charity". There was no mention of Christina Applegate anywhere in the Playbill. (Charlotte's name was not on the cover, though)

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#22re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 2:27pm

Why is that interesting? Christina wasn't in the show for a week - it was Charlotte's show...

And just because the show didn't open in black and white doesn't mean they're lame. First off, the Weissler's are just cheap. But not ever show opens with a color playbill - this season, JULIUS CAESAR and THE GLASS MENAGERIE both opened with black and white.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#23re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 2:59pm

I'm frankly surprised the opening night playbill isn't in color. It's rare for a musical to open with a black and white cover.

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#24re: Sweet Charity playbills
Posted: 5/4/05 at 3:01pm

I was just going to post that. Playbill has the SC opening night playbills on sale - in B&W. Weird.
Cheapos

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."

Videos