pixeltracker

Dedications or Stuff of Dreams (Nathan Lane)- Page 2

Dedications or Stuff of Dreams (Nathan Lane)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#25re: Dedications or Stuff of Dreams (Nathan Lane)
Posted: 8/11/05 at 1:40pm

Isn't Alison Fraser always acting in a totally different play/musical? Love her, but I think she's on her own planet.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#26re: Dedications or Stuff of Dreams (Nathan Lane)
Posted: 8/11/05 at 5:45pm

Taboo, Melissa posted a review, but now that the show has been open in previews for a couple of weeks, and IF everyone is agreeable to spoilers, I'm sure that those of us who've seen the show could give you more information about the plot and the characters so that some of what has already been written in these threads would make more sense to you. I always hate to spoil the show for anyone who is going to see it and I WILL NOT reveal the one big plot turn on which this play swivels...but we could talk a bit about the characters and the writing...

What does everyone think?

BTW, Melissa, Fraser was definitely on her own planet. I don't want to be overly critical because she was cast at the very last minute but by now she should be more comfortable in the role. She doesn't really give us the depth and chemistry we need to see to believe the relationship with Lou or her daughter. Sad to say! And with that and the plot gaps and underwritten dialogue and characters, the show could use some work. I would LOVE to see it be what it has the potential to be...but doubt we will (in this run anyway)

"Life is a lesson in humility"
Updated On: 8/11/05 at 05:45 PM

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#27re: Dedications or Stuff of Dreams (Nathan Lane)
Posted: 8/11/05 at 10:32pm

Sam, I totally agree about Fraser. Even with only two weeks of rehearsal, she should be able to convey even the tiniest bit of emotion or chemistry. She and Lane have absolutely zero chemistry, and she looks too young to be Shor's mother; they look more like sisters. I've always liked Fraser in the past, but here, she's totally out of her element.

Videos