News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for melissa errico fan

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
Member Name: melissa errico fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mary Rose  Feb 8 2007, 07:41:01 PM
Yes. Beautiful play, weak leading actress.
re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick  Feb 7 2007, 03:01:21 PM
Kudisch has one of the best (if not the best) baritones on Broadway right now. THAT'S why he keeps finding himself in show after show.
re: Kudisch to Star in US Premiere of Witches of Eastwick  Feb 7 2007, 02:31:13 PM
I've heard from a pretty reliable source that the witches will be Emily Skinner, Jacquelyn Piro and Christianne Noll.
re: beauty and the beast.  Feb 7 2007, 02:29:45 PM
Row L is definitely better. You can also always get a booster seat from the theater, just in case she can't see. You might also consider using diapers or training pants to reduce potty trips; I've done that with my son when I've taken him to the theater.
re: BroadwayWorld Discreetly Mentioned in NY Times Article on 'THE SCENE..'  Dec 31 2006, 12:33:36 PM
"I doubt discussion of Patty only took place here."

They are talking about the BWW thread. All That Chat doesn't allow threads of an overtly political nature. Any thread like that would've been deleted over there.

Wanna Be, the show opens January 11.

re: Latoya London in Color Purple Tour?  Dec 31 2006, 12:29:29 PM
She's incredibly talented, and deserved to win on her season of American Idol. I have no doubt she'll be wonderful.
re: Yankeefan Awards Tie Breaking  Dec 29 2006, 06:05:04 PM
Funny..."Sure As Sun Turns To Moon" is the only song from TARZAN that I liked.
re: Encores! Follies added another performance?  Dec 28 2006, 10:31:09 PM
Margo-

I believe that the only time that the performers do not have to hold their scripts is during the musical numbers. During book scenes, the actors are supposed to be holding their scripts, although I don't think they absolutely have to be open. Like you said, though, some performers simply just don't follow this decree; when I saw THE APPLE TREE, I can't recall Kristin Chenoweth with a book in hand at all.

re: The Scene/ second stage  Dec 28 2006, 07:53:28 PM
January 11.

I saw it last week, and I think both Rath and AC126748 hit the nail on the head. The show isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good. Stellar work all around. Heaton's range really pleasantly surprised me.

re: Jersey Boys Raises Prices  Dec 28 2006, 07:42:46 PM
JERSEY BOYS isn't the first show to raise prices. I believe THE COLOR PURPLE went to $116.25 (on weekends, at least) some time ago. I don't remember much discussion about that.
re: Top 10 Lists  Dec 28 2006, 07:35:36 PM
1. Mother Courage and Her Children
2. Awake and Sing
3. The Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
4. Rabbit Hole
5. Bernarda Alba
6. The Coast of Utopia: Voyage
7. Landscape of the Body
8. The Lieutenant of Inishmore
9. Faith Healer
10. The House in Town

Honorable Mentions: [title of show]; Heartbreak House; The Voysey Inheritance; Two Trains Running; Wrecks; Seven Guitars; Jacques Brel...; No Child; The Busy World is Hushed

Shanley's DEFIANCE to have LA premiere with excellent cast  Dec 21 2006, 02:25:16 PM
Glad to see Jordan Baker on stage again. She was BRILLIANT some years ago in SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER, and then seemed to drop off the face of the earth. I'll be in LA some time during the run and will definitely check it out.
re: Doubt: The Movie  Dec 15 2006, 11:00:34 AM
*projectile vomits on b12b*
re: Doubt: The Movie  Dec 15 2006, 10:55:19 AM
Angela Bassett would be my first choice for Mrs. Muller, as well. I have no idea who I'd want to see as Aloysius. I really cannot imagine anyone but Cherry playing the part, but I realize that there's hardly any chance of her being offered the role. Just as long as the don't cast someone ludicrous like Nicole Kidman I'll be fine.
Anyone else going to see Seth in TORCH SONG TRILOGY?  Nov 25 2006, 01:29:38 PM
I'll be there next weekend.
re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled  Nov 25 2006, 01:20:12 PM
Case in point: Last year's Naked Girl on the Appian Way, a rare misstep for Richard Greenberg. Oh well.

Richard Greenberg has had more missteps than you could count! NAKED GIRL, EVERETT BEEKIN, THE VIOLET HOUR, THE WELL-APPOINTED ROOM, HURRAH AT LAST...the list goes on and on.

I do agree with you, though, that giving an American premiere at the AA would be a great idea. It's an ideal space for plays: biggish, but still intimate, and with a built-in subscriber audien

re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled  Nov 24 2006, 08:48:43 PM
Vanessa is not anti-Semitic. She is pro-Palestinian. Those two things are not one and the same.
re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled  Nov 24 2006, 10:01:41 AM
"But there have been a number of shows postponed in the past that never resurfaced (MISS JULIE being the first to come to mind)."

FOOL FOR LOVE, as well. I'm still waiting for that one!

"I have no idea what they are going to do with that slot. LIAISONS was scheduled to begin previews on December 22."

Munk, according to my subscriber handbook, LIAISONS was set to start in April. Were they planning to move it up before they canceled it altogether?

I am dissapoin

re: Alice Ripley and Emily Skinner Concert  Oct 11 2006, 04:55:58 PM
I'll be there with bells on.
re: RAGS: Concert cast!  Oct 11 2006, 04:45:03 PM
She's not very Jewish...

Nor is Eden, or Max Von Essen.

Julia Migenes, who did the CD, was born Irish Catholic.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You