News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Must-have musical cast recordings- Page 2

Must-have musical cast recordings

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#25re: Must-have musical cast recordings
Posted: 8/17/05 at 2:50am

JayKid, thank you for saying Phantom. I was concerned that it hadn't come up yet.

Parks
#26re: Must-have musical cast recordings
Posted: 8/17/05 at 3:03am

I watched the first 15 minutes of "A Chorus Line" (movie) and I almost threw up...in fact, I think I may have thrown up a little in my mouth...

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#27re: Must-have musical cast recordings
Posted: 8/17/05 at 10:35am

I have a hard time dealing with A Chorus Line as a movie. It came out when I was very young, and my sister and I liked it so much that my parents took us to see it in NY as our first Broadway show. Watching it now, I see how poorly made it is, and cutting Hello Twelve is a travesty. Still, it will always hold a nostalgic place in my heart...

As for iTunes, I sent them an email once complaining about the horrible categorizing that they do, but didn't even get a courtesy email back. They seem to be VERY slow adding things, and what's worse, you have to actually look through the browse function to find anything since they tend to add stuff without advertising it.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

vjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
#28iTunes lacks BUT....
Posted: 8/17/05 at 11:01am

iTunes does lack many OBC recordings, but look for Bway/Movie actors and you'll find some great showtune (and other) songs. Like Judy Garland, Lena Horne or Rosemary Clooney to name a few.

Cheers!

"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women

Sant
#29These are 'must-have'
Posted: 8/17/05 at 11:46am

CHICAGO (orig. 1975 OBCR or 1996 B'way revival)

RAGTIME (one of the best scores ever)

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

SHOW BOAT

THE KING AND I

bwayondabrain
#30These are 'must-have'
Posted: 8/17/05 at 12:11pm

for me, i need to get:

SPAMALOT (#1 on my list)
SPELLING BEE
SWEET CHARITY (new one)
CHICAGO (london cast)