How hard would CATS be?

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#25re: How hard would CATS be?
Posted: 9/15/05 at 4:59pm

I disagree. Have you ever seen a production of WEST SIDE STORY or A CHORUS LINE where people couldn't dance? It's painful and it's disrespectful to the art in my opinion. CATS is another show that should only use the original choreography in my book.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Fosse76
#26re: How hard would CATS be?
Posted: 9/16/05 at 8:21pm

I never said they shouldn't be able to dance. But I also said the choreographer should take into account each performer's abilities and taylor the choreography to them since their skills will be limited. This is community theatre. People won't be paying $100 to see the show. Broadway-calibur performers aren't needed. It all depends on the choreographer. And no, I've never seen WSW, I don't think of it as a very engaging tale.

Jon
#27re: How hard would CATS be?
Posted: 9/16/05 at 10:33pm

The original choreography for CATS isn't licensed. So, in fact, using the original choreography in a community theatre production is PLAGIARISM.

Dollypop
#28re: How hard would CATS be?
Posted: 9/17/05 at 2:47am

I lived in fear of community theater productions of CATS and now they're becoming a reality! Heaven forfend!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos