Our new Sweeney Todd...

SorryGrateful
#25re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 3:38pm

Oh my gosh, he's so hot. And what makes him more hot is that he's incredibly talented.

P.S. I loved that picture from Vogue with him in the trenchcoat. I'm going to hide under my desk now and think nice thoughts of Michael Cerveris and his lovely bald head.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

Chrysanthemum62001
#26re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 3:40pm

Mmmhmm!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#27re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 3:59pm

I love the pic of the four of them. My brother was lucky enough to see it in London. I'm-a-itchin' to go to New York to see it!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#28re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 4:08pm

I simply cannot believe how spectacular this revival looks.

and hopefully, with such a small cast, it'll have a nice healthy run even if it doesn't create as much audience appeal as Hairspray and the like.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#29re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 4:44pm

i never said a bad word about Patti, i just think physically she looks terrible in her costumes that i have seen online... like the wig looks like it was bought from the halloween section of Walmart.... he did the wig.... Why would you have a wig hang infront of someone's face????

eva's boy2
#30re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 11:23pm

Just got back from tonights performance. I am still overwhelmed..there were a couple times I almost needed to remind myself to take a breath. What a fascinating show...probably one of the most unique experiences I have had in 25 years of going to Broadway.
-The show: Breathtaking, scary, funny, and clear as a bell.
-The cast: The 10 most talented people I have seen together on a stage. There should be an ensemble award here.
-The score has never been as crystalline and full..I found myself looking in the program at intermission for the back up instruments...none! How did they do that?!?!
-The design: spooky and interesting . Elegant yet simple.
-Cerveris: A disconcerting blend of scary and sexy. Run away? or sleep with him?! :)
-Lupone: Wow! A total reinvention. Hard to take your eyes off of her....and never sounding better.
-Donna Lynn: A pleasure
-Joanna/Anthony (forgot names): Well Done. Beautiful and skilled musicians.
Toby: The best I've seen.

I have seen "Tiny Todd" with Fowler/Gunton, the LTC version w/Lupone/Hearn, both DVDs, and the Kennedy Center version with Stokes/Baranski and I was floored by this one. The creative juices on that stage are copious (as is the blood!) I can't wait to see it again. It is almost too much to take in on one viewing.

Apparently the show has only ran one week so far (and there are probably a few spots to clean up..but few and far between). I am stunned..Go! Sorry for the ramble!

Chrysanthemum62001
#31re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/10/05 at 11:30pm

Eva, I actually told one of my friends that EXACT same thing about Michael. I got it. I FINALLY got why Lovett wants him so bad.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#32re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:29am

Reading this thread is like torture...but I cannot help myself.

I WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW!!!

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

Chrysanthemum62001
#33re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:32am

LOL! Don't you live in New York?! Run to the Eugenen O'Neill! RUN! The mezz seats are only 35 bucks. (Although it is best to experience this show from the orchestra.)

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#34re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:38am

I live around a 9-10 hour drive from NYC...and I am not near being able to afford the plane fare.
I hope I can work it out... maybe asking for part as a Christmas present. Anyone with freqent flyer miles? Anyone?

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

Chrysanthemum62001
#35re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:43am

Oh, damn! Well, that sucks. re: Our new Sweeney Todd... Maybe for Christmas! I promise you it's worth it.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#36re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:46am

I actually think front Mezz is best place to see the show -- and I've seen it 4 times from almost every vantage of the theatre.

Chrysanthemum62001
#37re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:48am

When I saw the show I was sitting in the front mezz. It was nice, but I felt like I missed out on a lot. For the second act, I sat in the front orchestra, and it made such a big difference to me. I absolutely adored being that close.

I can't wait to see what it's gonna be like watching this show from the front row.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#38re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:49am

The front row is scary. You'll love it.

I find I miss a lot of the visual stage pictures sitting in orchestra. The lighting is definitely best appreciated from above.

Chrysanthemum62001
#39re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 12:54am

Eep! So excited!!! I already have my ticket for November 5th. I wanted it to be shortly after opening night, and they ended up having row AA seat 104. I just couldn't pass it up! re: Our new Sweeney Todd...

eva's boy2
#40re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 8:30am

I saw it from the front mezz, a great vanatge point...On my next trip I want to try closer on the orchestra. Probably a different experience...

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#41re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
Posted: 10/11/05 at 11:53am

Who designed the wigs? or Wig for Patti at least, as adesign student that wig is killing me! I am seeing this on the 29th and then again on November 19th

Videos